Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CANADA Version 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the map update?
b75fc58490aa7d69f150e4884d162694.jpg

The Car : 2.12.126.
The android app : 2.7.3

Restrictions : I don't know.

Super shaky video I just took with my Go Pro. Sorry for the spoken french ;)

I got my P85D 6 days after you at the Montreal SC. Hoping that means I'll get my 2.12.126 shortly... ;-)

I was actually at the SC for the Ludicrous update Wednesday, a day before 126 got released it would appear. A day later and I may have gotten it there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Restrictions : I don't know.

Had some time to check the manual this morning.

A couple of things are marked "US only"
-Summon using the key fob
-Summon using the app without having to hold the button
-Summon using double tap on parking button, select forward or reverse on the car 17in display then get out of the car

So basically, in Canada, you get summon using the app only and you need to hold the button on your cellphone which is a good thing if you ask me...

Having mobile data connected on both the car and my phone connected when I want to use Summon -- to pull out of a tight space in an underground garage -- is pretty uncommon, sadly.

But this is just a nice-to-have what I really want for these situations is to be able to honk the horn / flash lights eg. from keyfob so I can find the unconnected car.

Thought about the idea of a local WiFi from phone to car in "emergencies" but that probably opens up way too many security concerns.

Meanwhile.. still no update for me, after I accidentally X'ed the update box a week or so ago. I even called Tesla, they put me in touch with the local shop and they called claiming that they already pushed out the update for me ... to which I said, ya, sure, thanks and let them go and fix actual car problems. This missed update thing has happened before to me and it ends up fixing itself eventually.

I received the 7.1 (2.12.126) update this morning, with Summon (beta).

Haven't tried it yet. I also have the latest Tesla iPhone app (v2.7.2), but at first glance I don't see anything obvious in the app for Summon - perhaps you first have to enable keyless driving and start the car