TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jshear, Apr 11, 2018.

1. jshear

jshear Member

As Canadians like myself got the invite to configure our car. We will be the first international customers to get our cars. I have started this thread to post when we all get our VIN's and deliveries.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like x 4
  2. H2000

H2000 Member

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!

• Like x 1
  3. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Hi, You May want to copy this thread here as well:

Canada

• Like x 1
  4. dandurston

dandurston Member

FWIW, a sales agent at the Tesla store at Park Royal (Vancouver) told me they already delivered several Model 3 over the past 14 days.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

That is a very suspect statement from that employee since the first round of invites only started going out just over two weeks ago in Canada.

• Like x 2
  6. H2000

H2000 Member

I agree with this! It would be nice if this was really happening but doesn't seem likely...

7. dandurston

dandurston Member

It seemed surprising to me too, but they are the Tesla store with the display Model 3 for Vancouver, so she is very familiar with the product, and she told me to go check out behind the store for more Model 3's, because several of the owners that had picked them up were often charging back there. She personally attested to seeing customers charging their Model 3's at the chargers behind the store.

But yes, still suspect. I don't trust what I hear from salespeople.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  8. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

Never assume the store reps know what they are talking about. Chances are, if you're on these forums then you know more. The reps at the Yorkdale store in Ontario where the Model 3 is on display know very little about it.

It just doesn't make sense. Invites just started going out recently and everyone has 4-8 week delivery windows. Plus we would have been seeing sighting pictures posted up online from enthusiasts.

Did you go out behind the store and take a look? I would love to be wrong about this but it just seems like a salesperson who is misinformed.

9. dandurston

dandurston Member

There were none.

10. eepic

eepic Supporting Member

More anecdotal example for not taking Tesla's sales people at face value:

I was at Yorkdale store a few weeks ago checking out the 3, one lady was trying real hard to pitch the Model X to my dad. Among other things, I asked about the battery warranty and whether there's a capacity guarantee (like the new clause for the 3). She was visibly confused, and despite several clarifications on my end insisted that there is zero degradation on the X.

On the other hand, some of their other staff were fantastic and very knowledgeable. Kind of wish they had a higher minimum standard tho.

• Like x 1
  11. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I believe we will see more of this as they ramp up for many more CDN deliveries. I can’t remember the last car I bought that I didn’t already know more about than the salesman.

• Like x 1
  12. HAL8950

HAL8950 Member

Another round of Canadian configuration emails went out this evening (April 25), I can confirm the reservation dates were spread out, from April 2, 2016 to at least Jan 2, 2017

• Like x 1
  13. Yoshii

Yoshii Member

Hi guys, for those from BC. Do you have an estimate from ICBC as to how much is going to cost the basic insurance? Ballpark figure?

14. Dr Gez

Dr Gez Member

I got my invite tonight. I'm very torn since I live in Ottawa and not sure the car can handle our snowy winter with rear wheel drive. Any advice? I assume that if I defer I won't get an invite for AWD until end of year and I suspect the $14K credit will be gone by then.

15. Duckjybe

Duckjybe Member

With proper snow tires (not performance snows) it should be better than a front wheel drive. My RWD S P85 is great in the snow and the 3 will be better because it has a shorter wheelbase. I will qualify that you shouldn't be an overly nervous driver to get RWD because like with the high torque on my S you could get some fishtailing. Having said all this, AWD will certainly be better and will boost range a bit but it will also be more money. I am going for RWD because I don't want to wait.

• Like x 1
  16. rgroten

rgroten New Member

I got an invite to configure today, I placed my reservation on October 21st, 2017 :)

17. Dr Gez

Dr Gez Member

Thanks. I currently drive a Volt and it has FWD and I have no issues. 90% of driving is city type driving at 80km/hr or less speed so I'm thinking for most times RWD will be no issues. But in Ottawa we can have some really snowy roads so makes me worried

18. Duckjybe

Duckjybe Member

19. Zungster

Zungster Member

So more than 4 weeks have past since config and yet no VIN

20. Zungster

Zungster Member

Most reviews and amateur tests have shown with winters on it performs just fine. You can either wait and pay more (probably 6-7K CAD) and risk EVIP elimination if PC elected in June or Config now and drive extra cautious