Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my delivery notification early this AM, and my VIN this afternoon. Delivery scheduled for Sept 17.
Very excited. Vin # is above the 100,000 area.
I see you are in Oakville. Are you taking delivery there or at the mass delivery location in Mississauga? I had selected my delivery location as Oakville, but they have informed that the delivery location would be Mississauga. I'm equally far from both, so a bit different than your situation.

I see you are in Oakville. Are you taking delivery there or at the mass delivery location in Mississauga? I had selected my delivery location as Oakville, but they have informed that the delivery location would be Mississauga. I'm equally far from both, so a bit different than your situation.
Same here. I wanted Oakville and it will not be there.International centre as well. I live 500 metres from the Oakville location. What day and time is your delivery?

There are a few of us scheduled for September 15, and the DA said the cars were scheduled to arrive earlier that week.

Deep Blue Metallic, LR, AWD, PUP black, EAP, FSD, 18" Aero
Delivery centre: pickup at Calgary-Fairmont

Non-owner
Reserved: 03/31/2016 online/before-reveal
Config opened (LR RWD only): 03/28/2018
Configured (LR AWD): 06/26/2018
Edit button disappeared: 09/02/2018
All checkmarks green (after trade in confirmed and initial loan details filled): 09/04/2018
Delivery confirmed: 09/06/2018
Delivery date: 09/15/2018
VIN: 1071XX

I'm picking up the exact same configuration from Calgary on the 14th! VIN is also 1071XX.

My DA first emailed me on Aug 30th and I emailed back the same day. He then called on Sep 1st to schedule my delivery and gave me choices of Sep 11-14 to pick up. If I waited until the next week he said I would be unmatched from my car and he didn't know how long it would be until another was available for me. They weren't able to hold it as he said parking was expected to be very full there through September.

He also mentioned that my car was expected to arrive in Calgary on Sep 5. I drove down Glenmore yesterday morning and there was about 20-30 Model 3s in the parking lot behind the DC. Didn't have a chance to take pics but it looks like deliveries are ramping up in Calgary.

I was all set to pick up my car tomorrow at 10:30am at the Powell Street service centre (in Vancouver) and was waiting for my contract and then two things happened. I got a call that my contract was ready, but that my car wasn't. No reason was given but the rep said he received an email that it wasn't ready.

Should I drive by tomorrow and look for it?

I was all set to pick up my car tomorrow at 10:30am at the Powell Street service centre (in Vancouver) and was waiting for my contract and then two things happened. I got a call that my contract was ready, but that my car wasn't. No reason was given but the rep said he received an email that it wasn't ready.

Should I drive by tomorrow and look for it?
Yes definitely. And please take pics of the lot

I had my delivery appointment at Powell Street in Vancouver at noon yesterday. It went swimmingly. There was one other person with a noon appointment. After checking you in, there's a comfortable lounge area with a Nespresso machine and a mini fridge. (I was far too nervous to partake, but appreciated the availability of good coffee.)

A very cheery staff member walked us through a set of video tutorials. The videos were slightly different than the ones you see online, but same gist. If you've been lurking around these forums, there's probably nothing new you'll hear. At this point, the app is linked to your vehicle, so I spent much of the orientation (10 mins?) looking at the neat things I could now do through the app. (I abstained from honking the horn.)

After the video orientation, during which you're free to ask any questions you'd like, they bring in folks to walk you through your paperwork. There was a bit of a wrinkle with mine, which was mostly my fault: even though I thought my financing may have only been approved with a co-signer, I relied on the My Account information that listed me as sole registrant and thus didn't bring my wife/co-signer with me. Mercifully, a DA called me about two hours before my appointment (at which point it was impossible to have my wife join me) so they had a heads up and were already working on a workaround that would allow me to take delivery without her present. But it meant that instead of being in and out within 30-60 minutes of my delivery appointment, it was closer to 2 hours (with a break for lunch nearby included).

Insurance and trade-in experience were a breeze. Because I was trading in, I was able to park my 'old' car within the Tesla lot. Otherwise, you have to find street parking, of which there was plenty. They were able to use my old plates on the new car, and we transferred my existing ICBC basic/optional coverage over with just a corresponding change on my annual premium. I was also planning on adding an Aviva replacement insurance policy elsewhere, but when I declined the ICBC replacement coverage the agent asked if I wanted to be quoted on an Aviva policy. She quoted me the exact same price I was expecting from another broker, so I added that on the spot (with financing) as well. For reference, an 8 year policy on my configuration was $4491. My ICBC premium, which includes the max discount and $300 deductibles for collision/comprehensive went from $1137 (2008 Ford Focus) to $2150 for a "to/from work within 15km" policy.

Then someone takes you to your vehicle and shows you a bunch of things like the frunk/trunk, charging, how to open the doors, set the mirrors/seat position in your driver profile, pair the phone as your key, etc. There was absolutely no rushing us, but I still didn't bother opening up the delivery checklist I packed with me nor did I spend any time looking for scratches or panel gaps, etc. So far I haven't found any defects, but then again I'm not looking super closely either.

There were 11km on the odometer, and there was 400+ km/range on the battery.

Once my paperwork was completed, I got my first drive off the lot and it was pretty grand. Admittedly most of my driving so far has been clouded by anxiety about scraping my rims! Hasn't happened yet, though.

The navigation is pretty easy to use, though I had trouble pairing my phone to the touchscreen. Following the onboard troubleshooting tips, I did a reset on the touchscreen which solved the problem. Slacker doesn't work -- requires login credentials for which I've sent a note to Tesla support -- but TuneIn works fine for podcasts and the streaming my iPhone's Spotify Premium account works beautifully.

One thing I couldn't figure out on my own was how to mount my iPhone in the cradle area. I drove back onto the lot on my way back home and a rep graciously showed me how to feed the cable through. (Too bad I 'scratched' up much of the pad trying to figure it out myself.)

The EAP calibration took about 30 minutes or so and kicked in just as I was getting back onto the freeway. Apparently the default maximum speed is 80 km/h, and when I was slowing down traffic in the HOV lane I switched to manual acceleration until I figured out that there were "plus" and "minus" signs staring right at me to adjust the speed! TACC is magical beyond words. However, I got sent to "Autopilot" jail shortly into my trip -- apparently because I wasn't gripping the wheel tightly enough (or applying enough pressure) and not cluing into the warnings on screen.

Carseats were pretty simple to install in the rear seats once I got home. Kids (age 2 and 4) absolutely loved the glass roof. Setting the window and rear locks on child safety mode was critical.

I had a Wall Connector installed in my garage on a dedicated 100A circuit. For whatever reason, the car only charges at 12A. I'm hoping that the electrician simply forgot to adjust the rotary dial inside during installation, but he's coming back later this week to troubleshoot.

The vehicle was no longer visible in my app when I woke up this morning. At first I thought Tesla might have locked me out because of a glitch with my paperwork, but then I found/remembered posts about this being a common occurrence the day or so after taking delivery. I assume it will become visible again soon.

HomeLink was a breeze to set up as well. We have two Chamberlain garage doors, and programming them only took a minute. They're wifi enabled as well, but not having to open up the app on my phone or lug around the garage door opener is handy.

Possibly the best/strangest part is that I found a die cast Model 3 hidden away in one of my front console storage compartments. I wasn't expecting one, and since I wasn't a day one reservation holder I don't think I'm legitimately entitled to one. I was telling my wife about it, who immediately suggested I add it to the kids' toy bin. I told her I'd like to see how much they're selling for on eBay first. Evidently these things aren't cheap ($1200 on Amazon!). While I don't plan on selling it, I don't think it's going into the kids' toy bin anytime soon, either.

I am scheduled for a direct delivery on Thursday, in Vancouver.

I had scheduled pick up at Powell for 11AM on Thursday but received a call on Sunday night around 7PM asking if I wanted to try out direct delivery. The rep said delivery at Powell takes place outside (which I thought was odd) and I didn't want to stand in the rain. At least at my place we have good lighting in the underground where I can inspect.

My main focus on inspection will be paint defects and headlight / tail light lenses after seeing the finger prints in an earlier post here. Pretty stoked to see the car. Right now I'm just trying to track down a 18" wheel kit with the lug nut covers and center bore cover so I can store away the aero hubcaps upon delivery...

Chris

I had my delivery appointment at Powell Street in Vancouver at noon yesterday. It went swimmingly. There was one other person with a noon appointment. After checking you in, there's a comfortable lounge area with a Nespresso machine and a mini fridge. (I was far too nervous to partake, but appreciated the availability of good coffee.)

A very cheery staff member walked us through a set of video tutorials. The videos were slightly different than the ones you see online, but same gist. If you've been lurking around these forums, there's probably nothing new you'll hear. At this point, the app is linked to your vehicle, so I spent much of the orientation (10 mins?) looking at the neat things I could now do through the app. (I abstained from honking the horn.)

After the video orientation, during which you're free to ask any questions you'd like, they bring in folks to walk you through your paperwork. There was a bit of a wrinkle with mine, which was mostly my fault: even though I thought my financing may have only been approved with a co-signer, I relied on the My Account information that listed me as sole registrant and thus didn't bring my wife/co-signer with me. Mercifully, a DA called me about two hours before my appointment (at which point it was impossible to have my wife join me) so they had a heads up and were already working on a workaround that would allow me to take delivery without her present. But it meant that instead of being in and out within 30-60 minutes of my delivery appointment, it was closer to 2 hours (with a break for lunch nearby included).

Insurance and trade-in experience were a breeze. Because I was trading in, I was able to park my 'old' car within the Tesla lot. Otherwise, you have to find street parking, of which there was plenty. They were able to use my old plates on the new car, and we transferred my existing ICBC basic/optional coverage over with just a corresponding change on my annual premium. I was also planning on adding an Aviva replacement insurance policy elsewhere, but when I declined the ICBC replacement coverage the agent asked if I wanted to be quoted on an Aviva policy. She quoted me the exact same price I was expecting from another broker, so I added that on the spot (with financing) as well. For reference, an 8 year policy on my configuration was $4491. My ICBC premium, which includes the max discount and $300 deductibles for collision/comprehensive went from $1137 (2008 Ford Focus) to $2150 for a "to/from work within 15km" policy.

Then someone takes you to your vehicle and shows you a bunch of things like the frunk/trunk, charging, how to open the doors, set the mirrors/seat position in your driver profile, pair the phone as your key, etc. There was absolutely no rushing us, but I still didn't bother opening up the delivery checklist I packed with me nor did I spend any time looking for scratches or panel gaps, etc. So far I haven't found any defects, but then again I'm not looking super closely either.

There were 11km on the odometer, and there was 400+ km/range on the battery.

Once my paperwork was completed, I got my first drive off the lot and it was pretty grand. Admittedly most of my driving so far has been clouded by anxiety about scraping my rims! Hasn't happened yet, though.

The navigation is pretty easy to use, though I had trouble pairing my phone to the touchscreen. Following the onboard troubleshooting tips, I did a reset on the touchscreen which solved the problem. Slacker doesn't work -- requires login credentials for which I've sent a note to Tesla support -- but TuneIn works fine for podcasts and the streaming my iPhone's Spotify Premium account works beautifully.

One thing I couldn't figure out on my own was how to mount my iPhone in the cradle area. I drove back onto the lot on my way back home and a rep graciously showed me how to feed the cable through. (Too bad I 'scratched' up much of the pad trying to figure it out myself.)

The EAP calibration took about 30 minutes or so and kicked in just as I was getting back onto the freeway. Apparently the default maximum speed is 80 km/h, and when I was slowing down traffic in the HOV lane I switched to manual acceleration until I figured out that there were "plus" and "minus" signs staring right at me to adjust the speed! TACC is magical beyond words. However, I got sent to "Autopilot" jail shortly into my trip -- apparently because I wasn't gripping the wheel tightly enough (or applying enough pressure) and not cluing into the warnings on screen.

Carseats were pretty simple to install in the rear seats once I got home. Kids (age 2 and 4) absolutely loved the glass roof. Setting the window and rear locks on child safety mode was critical.

I had a Wall Connector installed in my garage on a dedicated 100A circuit. For whatever reason, the car only charges at 12A. I'm hoping that the electrician simply forgot to adjust the rotary dial inside during installation, but he's coming back later this week to troubleshoot.

Regarding the lower charge rate, did you happen to not plug in the charger completely? it happend to me twice and i got lower charge rate

After a couple of e-mails to my DA went unanswered, I decided to call. Was told that my car is in Calgary and awaiting delivery of the contract and final logistics arrangements before being shipped up to Edmonton as early as next Tuesday. As stated before, I will need to wire payment to Tesla before they will put the car on a truck and ship it to me. For some reason, the contract has not been finalized yet and it is holding things up. Once I get the contract, then I will get instructions on how to make the payment.

The DA says that the car will be linked to the app the day of delivery, sometimes the day after, but in the event of a delay I can always use the keycard to drive the vehicle.