Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car arrived this afternoon. The delivery experience was spartan. The driver of the truck backed my car off the trailer, handed me the keycards, asked me to sign an electronic hand-held device, asked me how much the car cost, then departed. Less than 10 minutes all told. After all of the research I had done on the car, I didn't need any hand holding to get familiar with the car.

The car was in immaculate condition, except for the exterior, which was slightly dirty from having been on the back of the trailer without plastic sheeting for protection. No panel gaps, no blemishes on the interior, no issues of any sort, except that the spoiler was missing. I will clean the car tomorrow and inspect the paint.

No temporary plates on the car so I went to the nearest registry office to get that addressed. While there, the agent realized that I was missing the purchase contract with a Tesla signature on it. I called the Calgary location a few times until someone answered. They e-mailed me the documents within a few minutes. After making the car legal, I went to try a few launches, then drive downtown to a tire shop to confirm that the winter rims I pre-ordered fit. They did so the tire shop mounted my winter tires. I found the tires a little rattley, much more so than the OEM tires/rims.

All in all, a great day. Love the car. Definitely worth the wait.

Reactions: madmax240
The car arrived this afternoon. The delivery experience was spartan. The driver of the truck backed my car off the trailer, handed me the keycards, asked me to sign an electronic hand-held device, asked me how much the car cost, then departed. Less than 10 minutes all told. After all of the research I had done on the car, I didn't need any hand holding to get familiar with the car.

The car was in immaculate condition, except for the exterior, which was slightly dirty from having been on the back of the trailer without plastic sheeting for protection. No panel gaps, no blemishes on the interior, no issues of any sort, except that the spoiler was missing. I will clean the car tomorrow and inspect the paint.

No temporary plates on the car so I went to the nearest registry office to get that addressed. While there, the agent realized that I was missing the purchase contract with a Tesla signature on it. I called the Calgary location a few times until someone answered. They e-mailed me the documents within a few minutes. After making the car legal, I went to try a few launches, then drive downtown to a tire shop to confirm that the winter rims I pre-ordered fit. They did so the tire shop mounted my winter tires. I found the tires a little rattley, much more so than the OEM tires/rims.

All in all, a great day. Love the car. Definitely worth the wait.
Great to hear! Have fun this weekend.

Was told I would get that information right away in a follow-up e-mail. That e-mail has never arrived. I sent a follow-up e-mail earlier this week and nothing.

I find the gaps in communication are a little frustrating.

I've got the same DS assigned to me. I pinged DS 1mo after ordering my X asking if there was any status update and got a response within hours to confirm some purchase details and he'd take care of them right away. Great! I responded with info ... and since then gotten nothing.

It's now 2mo after I ordered, and my car is still "scheduled for production" and looking like an original estimated delivery date of November is impossible, and December is starting to look unlikely as well and a couple follow up emails over the month have also gotten no response.

So I'm also a bit surprised.

• Informative
Reactions: adys123
Anyone still waiting for a delivery schedule ?? I ordered Oct 28th and no contact from Tesla yet. I am getting a bit frustrated. My sales adviser had told me that it would be a 1-2 week delivery upon ordering (they received an email memo from Tesla in October).

Hey, it took me 3 months to get my car when I ordered it. It will arrive in time, just be patient and start buying accessories before the car arrives (like a centre console wrap, do this immediately).

Agreed. I guess my sales agent gave me a false hopes. I'm mainly concerned about the trade-in value for my car. I had sent over pictures, vin and condition of my vehicle to the sales agent and he told me he had already put on file the trade in value for my car. That value was based on delivery within early/mid November. So my concern is the longer it's taking to deliver my vehicle, the less I would get on my trade-in (which he claimed that value is in the system and locked in). Not sure if they can do that if I haven't done the "official" self-evaluation trade in process.

Received the car Thursday as planned. It's quite fantastic.

EAP was calibrated by the time I drove to Spanish Banks and back from my place - maybe a handful of kms.

Since Thursday at noon we've already put over 500 kms on it. We had a wedding rehearsal dinner in Langley, a few trips to airports and ferry terminals among other things. Even with a decent amount of driving we have only used 110v power in our underground and been okay. I plugged it in to a level 2 at YVR for an hour during a meeting but otherwise we have been fine with basic power.

Range seems to be accurate. Acceleration is impressive.

My wife cried when she drove it the first time.

Love the red. A very dynamic colour. The wheel kit is stocked at service centres (online says 8 weeks) and it's 100% worth the $60.

Also, I noted no defects in paint, lights or interior. I took a high-powered flashlight and inspected it all and I have a fairly keen eye having spent some of my university years detailing cars.

Hope you don't mind me asking about whether you get any government rebate

Ordered a Model 3 Long range AWD black paint black interior 18” wheels with EAP on Jan 1st at the Park Royal, West Vancouver store.
submitted all my information, accepted trade in offer and financing approval around Jan 5.
My account page says drafting up documents, Estimated delivery in January since then.
Anyone else ordered in the new year in Canada?

I also ordered mine in January at the Toronto store. Completed paperwork and financing yesterday, currently says delivery in January.
I actually ordered in looking for delivery in March or April, but won’t turn it down if it’s early
Actually kinda feeling the same, don’t mind if it’s delayed a few more weeks, that way my 6 months free supercharging extends more into the summer when i’ll more likely be road tripping.

Congrats evrwhtg! Nothing yet for me. My advisor that helped with my order mentioned there may be an inventory car availabe that would speed up delivery, maybe you beat me to it Haha.
Got to test drive a Model 3 performance though, if my standard Dual Motor is a fraction of that performance it will be worth the wait. Makes it hard seeing so many model 3s cruising around downtown every day though, *sigh*

Ordered a Model 3 Long range AWD black paint black interior 18” wheels with EAP on Jan 1st at the Park Royal, West Vancouver store.
submitted all my information, accepted trade in offer and financing approval around Jan 5.
My account page says drafting up documents, Estimated delivery in January since then.
Anyone else ordered in the new year in Canada?
Need a referral code?

You can use my Tesla referral link to get six months of free Supercharging Model S or X.
Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

• Disagree
Reactions: Koflach
Congrats evrwhtg! Nothing yet for me. My advisor that helped with my order mentioned there may be an inventory car availabe that would speed up delivery, maybe you beat me to it Haha.
Got to test drive a Model 3 performance though, if my standard Dual Motor is a fraction of that performance it will be worth the wait. Makes it hard seeing so many model 3s cruising around downtown every day though, *sigh*

Thanks! I presume Tesla made the same combinations in batches, so I expected yours to be bundled in the same trailer on its way to GVRD. Hopefully it'll be soon for you.

I believe mine isn't from inventory as I regularly asked my store what combinations are available leading up to my VIN assignment. At this point for you I'd rather wait for a fresh build - you've waited this long already.

I can understand the struggles while waiting, seeing other ones on the road was agonizing for me. Fingers crossed you'll get your assignment this week, you ordered one day after me so it can't be that far behind.

Thanks! I presume Tesla made the same combinations in batches, so I expected yours to be bundled in the same trailer on its way to GVRD. Hopefully it'll be soon for you.

I believe mine isn't from inventory as I regularly asked my store what combinations are available leading up to my VIN assignment. At this point for you I'd rather wait for a fresh build - you've waited this long already.

I can understand the struggles while waiting, seeing other ones on the road was agonizing for me. Fingers crossed you'll get your assignment this week, you ordered one day after me so it can't be that far behind.

Looks like you are right. No vin as of this moment but just got email from delivery advisor with tentative date for next week delivery. Maybe will see you there.

Looks like you are right. No vin as of this moment but just got email from delivery advisor with tentative date for next week delivery. Maybe will see you there.

I ended up picking up my car yesterday! It may be possible to push up the delivery date by a few days depending on when the vehicle arrives. I was originally scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, but was pushed up to yesterday which is when the vehicle arrived in Vancouver.

Best of luck!