Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on first day before noon at Lawrence Ave. Tesla location. Got invite to configure on Mar. 27th, and ordered on March 30th, with 18" standard wheels. Received the VIN (not there anymore on website) 214xx on May 6th week-end. Received a call from Tesla on Tuesday (15th) to arrange the delivery for May 30th at International Center by Airport. So it took the whole 8 weeks from configuration date.

I was looking to trade-in my old car, but info that I got from the dealership on Lawrence was that they just push info to wholesale market and get you a couple of quotes, which are at low end. Agent there said I would only get around $7K for it even though Autotrader has same vehicles selling in the $13k-$15K range. I have a wholesaler (person servicing it for me) who wants to buy it, but Tesla wants $1K to arrange a curtesy trade so it didn't make sense as I will only get $10K or so for it.

I am looking at getting 19" RIMs and Michelin all season tires from my location tire place and replace the 18" Michelins that come with it for Winter tires. Quoted $2,400 plus tax for package, but need new TPMS sensors for the 2nd set of tires. They recommend Tesla OEM, but normal price is around $100 each. Anyone with experience with non-Tesla sensors for M3 I would like to hear if any issues.

Purchased Tesla Charger and having my electrician install in the next week or so (received from Newark, NJ within 3 days). I also ordered the tire bolt caps, but not received yet or shipped.

I ordered rubber mats for front & back truck, plus front & back seats which I will use for Winter. I think it also comes with one for the smaller truck in the rear truck, but won't know for sure until I receive them. Total cost was close to $300 delivered.

I also order metal gas & break petals from ebay and received them last week, now just waiting on the delivery date!!!! :)

Currently don't own a Tesla, this will be my first one. Likely to order the Y when released to replace my wife's Q5. My brother also ordered the M3 online when it was released. He received the configuration email at the same time as I did. He took a couple of weeks longer to submit his order (he was going to wait for the base model, but is afraid Doug Ford will eliminate or reduce the rebate if he waits). He got his VIN 27xxx the same time as I did, but has not gotten a confirm on delivery yet.

Anything else anyone would like to know, let me know.

Picked up mine today at Oakville. Got there a half hour early without realizing they didn't open until 10:00am.

Was raining so I didn't take too much of a look around the lot. It looked like there were maybe 15 in the lot. After a short wait at Timmies across the street we went back and were greeted in the front lobby. 5 minutes later we were taken back to see the car. There were 3 MC Red lined up beside each other for delivery, and a Blue one off to the side.

My eyes were drawn immediately to what looked like a water droplet on the passenger fender. Inspection shows that it was actually a paint blob. It was noted and it will be scheduled for repair. My guess is there was a paint chip and they put a blob of touch up on top, but didn't buff it down. It's about 4mm in diameter.

Aside from that the car is fantastic. No problems with panel gaps or alignment.
The DA was knowledgeable about the car, but didn't really have anything to say that I haven't gleaned from TMC.

He took us on a trip around the car, in the car, and showed us all the controls. He guided me through configuring my phone as the key. Then he showed us all the compartments and the hidden die cast car (no balloons in my car, but I did see one '3' balloon stuck on the ceiling in the delivery bay).

Anyways, love the car so far and can't wait to see the paint shine on a sunny day.

DSC02227small.JPG

Congratulations phigment. The car looks awesome!
I configured May 10 and VIN was assigned May 17. 298XX
How long did it take after you were assigned your VIN before you were contacted by your ISA?
I've ordered MSM with 19" wheels. Were all the cars in the lot Aero wheels?
BTW, how do you create the subheader with timelines?

Picked up mine today at Oakville. Got there a half hour early without realizing they didn't open until 10:00am.

Was raining so I didn't take too much of a look around the lot. It looked like there were maybe 15 in the lot. After a short wait at Timmies across the street we went back and were greeted in the front lobby. 5 minutes later we were taken back to see the car. There were 3 MC Red lined up beside each other for delivery, and a Blue one off to the side.

My eyes were drawn immediately to what looked like a water droplet on the passenger fender. Inspection shows that it was actually a paint blob. It was noted and it will be scheduled for repair. My guess is there was a paint chip and they put a blob of touch up on top, but didn't buff it down. It's about 4mm in diameter.

Aside from that the car is fantastic. No problems with panel gaps or alignment.
The DA was knowledgeable about the car, but didn't really have anything to say that I haven't gleaned from TMC.

He took us on a trip around the car, in the car, and showed us all the controls. He guided me through configuring my phone as the key. Then he showed us all the compartments and the hidden die cast car (no balloons in my car, but I did see one '3' balloon stuck on the ceiling in the delivery bay).

Anyways, love the car so far and can't wait to see the paint shine on a sunny day.

View attachment 302377
Congratulations, can’t wait to see it driving around KW!

I got an email from my ISA (Las Vegas based) tonight at 8pm ET, this was my first contact with them.
Gave me an estimated delivery date as soon as May 30 - June 1 at the International Center Toronto
Answered questions and confirmed info in a return email, waiting to hear back on a specific delivery date now
Almost there!

Why are we all picking up our cars at Toronto International Centre? I chose Oakville when I configured the car. Don't understand why they changed it to a non Tesla location. Anyways. I'll be picking mine up May 31st at Toronto International Centre, was really looking forward to picking it up from a Tesla store to do some extra Tesla shopping, but hey, that's their loss.

Maybe b/c 6 Tesla locations cannot handle the volume of cars they need to move during 1 month. And they can't deliver those in U.S. to prevent 200K.
They posted some job ads for the International Centre, must be swamped with deliveries. Looks like a lot of us have gotten the May 30th-June 1st window so they probably need the extra space. Let me know if anyone can find the Aero Wheel caps in stock anywhere!

Why are we all picking up our cars at Toronto International Centre? I chose Oakville when I configured the car. Don't understand why they changed it to a non Tesla location. Anyways. I'll be picking mine up May 31st at Toronto International Centre, was really looking forward to picking it up from a Tesla store to do some extra Tesla shopping, but hey, that's their loss.

They are doing the same in the U.S. (or at least in L.A.). There is a dedicated center for deliveries.

Just a little update/heads up for those taking delivery soon.

I downloaded the Tesla app before taking delivery, but couldn't access the car because it wasn't associated with my account. At delivery they activated the app to access the car. All was good. A day later the app stopped working. I called Tesla support and they told me it would take up to 72 hours to process the purchase, and after that time it would be re-enabled.

So I took delivery on the 19th at 10:00am in Oakville. Lost access on the 20th. My account was processed and access was re-enabled today (22nd) at 12:00 noon, on the dot. I got an e-mail at the same time titled "Tesla Quick Guide to Ownership".

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Just a little update/heads up for those taking delivery soon.

I downloaded the Tesla app before taking delivery, but couldn't access the car because it wasn't associated with my account. At delivery they activated the app to access the car. All was good. A day later the app stopped working. I called Tesla support and they told me it would take up to 72 hours to process the purchase, and after that time it would be re-enabled.

So I took delivery on the 19th at 10:00am in Oakville. Lost access on the 20th. My account was processed and access was re-enabled today (22nd) at 12:00 noon, on the dot. I got an e-mail at the same time titled "Tesla Quick Guide to Ownership".
So is there a way to avoid this by doing something different?