Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seemed surprising to me too, but they are the Tesla store with the display Model 3 for Vancouver, so she is very familiar with the product, and she told me to go check out behind the store for more Model 3's, because several of the owners that had picked them up were often charging back there. She personally attested to seeing customers charging their Model 3's at the chargers behind the store.

But yes, still suspect. I don't trust what I hear from salespeople.

It seemed surprising to me too, but they are the Tesla store with the display Model 3 for Vancouver, so she is very familiar with the product, and she told me to go check out behind the store for more Model 3's, because several of the owners that had picked them up were often charging back there. She personally attested to seeing customers charging their Model 3's at the chargers behind the store.

But yes, still suspect. I don't trust what I hear from salespeople.

Never assume the store reps know what they are talking about. Chances are, if you're on these forums then you know more. The reps at the Yorkdale store in Ontario where the Model 3 is on display know very little about it.

It just doesn't make sense. Invites just started going out recently and everyone has 4-8 week delivery windows. Plus we would have been seeing sighting pictures posted up online from enthusiasts.

Did you go out behind the store and take a look? I would love to be wrong about this but it just seems like a salesperson who is misinformed.

More anecdotal example for not taking Tesla's sales people at face value:

I was at Yorkdale store a few weeks ago checking out the 3, one lady was trying real hard to pitch the Model X to my dad. Among other things, I asked about the battery warranty and whether there's a capacity guarantee (like the new clause for the 3). She was visibly confused, and despite several clarifications on my end insisted that there is zero degradation on the X.

On the other hand, some of their other staff were fantastic and very knowledgeable. Kind of wish they had a higher minimum standard tho.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
More anecdotal example for not taking Tesla's sales people at face value:

I was at Yorkdale store a few weeks ago checking out the 3, one lady was trying real hard to pitch the Model X to my dad. Among other things, I asked about the battery warranty and whether there's a capacity guarantee (like the new clause for the 3). She was visibly confused, and despite several clarifications on my end insisted that there is zero degradation on the X.

On the other hand, some of their other staff were fantastic and very knowledgeable. Kind of wish they had a higher minimum standard tho.

I believe we will see more of this as they ramp up for many more CDN deliveries. I can’t remember the last car I bought that I didn’t already know more about than the salesman.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I got my invite tonight. I'm very torn since I live in Ottawa and not sure the car can handle our snowy winter with rear wheel drive. Any advice? I assume that if I defer I won't get an invite for AWD until end of year and I suspect the $14K credit will be gone by then.

I got my invite tonight. I'm very torn since I live in Ottawa and not sure the car can handle our snowy winter with rear wheel drive. Any advice? I assume that if I defer I won't get an invite for AWD until end of year and I suspect the $14K credit will be gone by then.

With proper snow tires (not performance snows) it should be better than a front wheel drive. My RWD S P85 is great in the snow and the 3 will be better because it has a shorter wheelbase. I will qualify that you shouldn't be an overly nervous driver to get RWD because like with the high torque on my S you could get some fishtailing. Having said all this, AWD will certainly be better and will boost range a bit but it will also be more money. I am going for RWD because I don't want to wait.

Reactions: Larryenok
Thanks. I currently drive a Volt and it has FWD and I have no issues. 90% of driving is city type driving at 80km/hr or less speed so I'm thinking for most times RWD will be no issues. But in Ottawa we can have some really snowy roads so makes me worried

Most reviews and amateur tests have shown with winters on it performs just fine. You can either wait and pay more (probably 6-7K CAD) and risk EVIP elimination if PC elected in June or Config now and drive extra cautious