Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up mine today at Oakville. Got there a half hour early without realizing they didn't open until 10:00am.

Was raining so I didn't take too much of a look around the lot. It looked like there were maybe 15 in the lot. After a short wait at Timmies across the street we went back and were greeted in the front lobby. 5 minutes later we were taken back to see the car. There were 3 MC Red lined up beside each other for delivery, and a Blue one off to the side.

My eyes were drawn immediately to what looked like a water droplet on the passenger fender. Inspection shows that it was actually a paint blob. It was noted and it will be scheduled for repair. My guess is there was a paint chip and they put a blob of touch up on top, but didn't buff it down. It's about 4mm in diameter.

Aside from that the car is fantastic. No problems with panel gaps or alignment.
The DA was knowledgeable about the car, but didn't really have anything to say that I haven't gleaned from TMC.

He took us on a trip around the car, in the car, and showed us all the controls. He guided me through configuring my phone as the key. Then he showed us all the compartments and the hidden die cast car (no balloons in my car, but I did see one '3' balloon stuck on the ceiling in the delivery bay).

Anyways, love the car so far and can't wait to see the paint shine on a sunny day.

View attachment 302377
Congratulations

Reactions: phigment
I have a question about delivery time frame.
I don’t know all the numbers, so I hope someone can chime in and help.

If Tesla is producing about 3,000 cars a week, and has made about 31,000 cars to date.
How will everyone get a model 3 by end of year ?

I believe there are about 400,000 people waiting for this model. (Totally could have that number wrong).

That means about 370,000 people are still waiting.
3,000 per week, would mean many won’t see this car for about 2.4 years ?

My reservation page says end of this year, but I am late in the game. I only reserved about 3 months ago.

By this math, I’m looking at almost two years.
(If any of my numbers above are correct )

I hope someone can set this straight, and show my errors, because I don’t think my current BMW has two years left. It has a lot of miles on it.

Thanks

I have a question about delivery time frame.
I don’t know all the numbers, so I hope someone can chime in and help.

If Tesla is producing about 3,000 cars a week, and has made about 31,000 cars to date.

I believe there are about 400,000 people waiting for this model. (Totally could have that number wrong).

That means about 370,000 people are still waiting.
3,000 per week, would mean many won’t see this car for about 2.4 years ?

My reservation page says end of this year, but I am late in the game. I only reserved about 3 months ago.

By this math, I’m looking at almost two years.
(If any of my numbers above are correct )

I hope someone can set this straight, and show my errors, because I don’t think my current BMW has two years left. It has a lot of miles on it.

Thanks

Quite simple, 400,000 reservations is world wide. I would expect 150,000-200,000 reservations in North America which will be produced at the end of the year. 26 weeks of 5,000 vehicles from 1st July is 130,000 plus the 30-50,000 produced up until 1st July. All US and Canadian reservation orders are thereby done.
So Tesla need new reservations from North America while they start shipping half of the vehicles to the rest of the world!

I can't wait till European invites begin in December/January! :-D

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Quite simple, 400,000 reservations is world wide. I would expect 150,000-200,000 reservations in North America which will be produced at the end of the year. 26 weeks of 5,000 vehicles from 1st July is 130,000 plus the 30-50,000 produced up until 1st July. All US and Canadian reservation orders are thereby done.
So Tesla need new reservations from North America while they start shipping half of the vehicles to the rest of the world!

Less the cancelations.

Less the cancelations.

There are somewhere between 400,000 and 500,000 reservation holders world wide. Lets say 400,000 is with cancellations included.
Cancellations doesn't matter at all. At the point no more 'old' reservation holders are left they are making somewhere between 5-10,000 vehicles per week. The waiting time for a Model 3 in the US and Canada in 2019 will be much shorten. We will see.

Still waiting on Delivery and finance details

Reserved: December 2016
Order Placed: April 29th
VIN assigned: May 9th, then went away, then reassigned two days later, disappeared, has been off and on since.

No updates since.

I tried calling to get a call back, but they just told me I would get a call closer to the delivery date.

Let's hope for soon!

There are somewhere between 400,000 and 500,000 reservation holders world wide. Lets say 400,000 is with cancellations included.
Cancellations doesn't matter at all. At the point no more 'old' reservation holders are left they are making somewhere between 5-10,000 vehicles per week. The waiting time for a Model 3 in the US and Canada in 2019 will be much shorten. We will see.
They just shortened Canada's waiting list. If you look on the site from canada, a new reservation for a long range battery is between 4-6 months, the performance would be 6-9, and the standard will be 6-12 months.

Reactions: Arpe
Still waiting on Delivery and finance details

Reserved: December 2016
Order Placed: April 29th
VIN assigned: May 9th, then went away, then reassigned two days later, disappeared, has been off and on since.

No updates since.

I tried calling to get a call back, but they just told me I would get a call closer to the delivery date.

Let's hope for soon!

They remove the SIN # until 7 days before delivery. You should get confirmation very soon.

Not everyone. At 5K/week(especially if 5K+), which they target to achieve in June, they should be able to work through remaining U.S. reservations in ~8mo. Then they will dedicate a small share of capacity to the new U.S. orders and the rest will be serving 50% of remaining world reservations. It does look like Canada will enjoy the same priority as U.S. in terms of new configuration options and new reservations. Probably b/c of affinity and Elon being the former resident :)

Reactions: BKR1986
Hey guys, super frustrating here. Not sure if anyone else is noticing the same delay?

Reserved April 1 2016 online (Non-Owner)
Invitation on March 27
Config March 28 MSM with 18 " Aero
VIN 287XX first assigned on May 5th with a call the following day indicating the delivery would be closer to end of May and will get a call once in ON and pick up location to be oakville
No call as of yet and has been 8 weeks since config.
Sent an email to Sam, my DA and now I should have received communication from someone else and that it will most likely be at the international centre early June

How many days prior to delivery are most people getting a call to schedule a delivery?
I'm seeing many people who reserved or confirmed after me getting dates or taking delivery??

Not everyone. At 5K/week(especially if 5K+), which they target to achieve in June, they should be able to work through remaining U.S. reservations in ~8mo. Then they will dedicate a small share of capacity to the new U.S. orders and the rest will be serving 50% of remaining world reservations. It does look like Canada will enjoy the same priority as U.S. in terms of new configuration options and new reservations. Probably b/c of affinity and Elon being the former resident :)

Thanks Arpe. I like those numbers. There is hope for me. :)

Moderatefan,
It does appear that Canada is receiving the same priority as the US at present. I’m glad too, because I resent spending so much on gas weekly.

I doubt it has much to do with affinity, or Elon being a former resident though.
I would imagine it has more to do a financial necesity for Tesla.

I think Elon, knows that Canada is one of the USA’s largest exporting countries.
Third largest importing country, and the US enjoys 27 Billion annually in tourism dollars from Canadians. This relationship is financially crucial to the US.
Elon likely sees a huge market in Canada and needs that revenue.
I’m sure he does have an affinity towards us as well though. :)

Our gasoline is twice the price as the US.
Our electricity is half the price.
Canada is the perfect market for electric vehicles.

Reactions: Arpe and Daliman
Yippee! Well the waiting has been hard and I sympathize with everyone I came home to great news. Delivery June 1 at 2 pm at International Centre. Configured March 27, VIN May 3. MSM and aero.

In other news I stopped by the IC today before I knew and there are 6 Model 3s outside and more on the way. A beautiful sight.

Image didn't post for some reason. Trying again..
20180523_130102.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Even if I've seen it like 3 different weeks now?

Yup, I had mine for 3 weeks. It was then removed. Just got the invoice to pick up car next week and vin is on invoice and it's the same one as the one that was provided 3 weeks ago. Don't know why they removed it, but they did. I was scared they would change it and give me an earlier model, but nope, same number. No worries my friend!

Configured May 10/18, VIN assigned May 17/18, ISA phoned last night at 8 pm (May 22/18) - delivery will be to the Toronto International Centre on June 6 (even though I specified Oakville).
Picked up Tesla Wall Connector in Oakville today. They are only ordering in the 24' ones. 40 came in yesterday...8 left after I picked up mine at noon today.
They said 100-200 M3's are being delivered to the International Centre daily at this point.
MSM, PUP, EAD, 19" sport wheels

Thanks Arpe. I like those numbers. There is hope for me. :)

Moderatefan,
It does appear that Canada is receiving the same priority as the US at present. I’m glad too, because I resent spending so much on gas weekly.

I doubt it has much to do with affinity, or Elon being a former resident though.
I would imagine it has more to do a financial necesity for Tesla.

I think Elon, knows that Canada is one of the USA’s largest exporting countries.
Third largest importing country, and the US enjoys 27 Billion annually in tourism dollars from Canadians. This relationship is financially crucial to the US.
Elon likely sees a huge market in Canada and needs that revenue.
I’m sure he does have an affinity towards us as well though. :)

Our gasoline is twice the price as the US.
Our electricity is half the price.
Canada is the perfect market for electric vehicles.

Ontario electricity is half the price, Really..................
Our gasoline is twice the price, Really............... (it is more but not twice the price)

Not so my friend. Our best rate is about 15 cents per KWH at night (electricity and transportation cost). We have hard winters that really take a toll on EV range here also.

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider