Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an appointment tomorrow (Monday June 4) in Toronto which has been delayed by Tesla to next Monday due to my car not having cleared customs.

Anyone else been delayed?

I was supposed to get my car last sunday June 10. On Sat night i was contacted to say they found a significant defect and my car wouldnt be available. Another car was supposed be enroute from Freemont and was supposed to arrive today. Initial communications with Tesla were ok. They were very sorry etc but could not confirm Thursday (today) as apparently they could not track the vehicle. Hmmmm As the days wore on the comms have deteriorated to the point where they have gone completely silent. It seems to me while they have ramped production, they have not ramped logistics to deal with it and are leaving customers blind and quite frankly disallusioned.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Got ours last Friday (June 8). Only placed the order online on July 28, 2017 - so much shorter wait that some of you've had and no idea why. When I was picking up the certified cheque, the bank manager told me he'd ordered on April 3, 2016 and STILL hadn't heard anything. The rep at the IC tried to tell us that it was the colour, but that doesn't make any sense, since you don't pick the colour until you configure. Took all of an hour to pick it up - no long waits like the earlier customers were experiencing.

We got a midnight blue, sport wheels, no EAP. LOVE it.

Unfortunately, driving it up Hwy 12 on Monday, the dump truck in front of us dropped a rock, which hit our windshield, very low down on the driver's side. It didn't seem like there was any damage at first, but that's because it hit just below the line of sight on the bottom couple of inches of the glass. 15 minutes later, when the truck had by then disappeared, a crack appeared and has been growing ever since. :( New windshield is ordered but won't be in for 2-3 weeks. Have to get it from the dealer - no auto glass places have it yet. And the deductible is almost as much as the windshield (minimum $1000 deductible on Teslas at my insurance co. - wouldn't be surprised if that is common). Windshield is $1136, all in. 3-day-old car. ARGH.

Got ours last Friday (June 8). Only placed the order online on July 28, 2017 - so much shorter wait that some of you've had and no idea why. When I was picking up the certified cheque, the bank manager told me he'd ordered on April 3, 2016 and STILL hadn't heard anything. The rep at the IC tried to tell us that it was the colour, but that doesn't make any sense, since you don't pick the colour until you configure. Took all of an hour to pick it up - no long waits like the earlier customers were experiencing.

Unfortunately, driving it up Hwy 12 on Monday, the dump truck in front of us dropped a rock, which hit our windshield, very low down on the driver's side. It didn't seem like there was any damage at first, but that's because it hit just below the line of sight on the bottom couple of inches of the glass. 15 minutes later, when the truck had by then disappeared, a crack appeared and has been growing ever since. :( New windshield is ordered but won't be in for 2-3 weeks. Have to get it from the dealer - no auto glass places have it yet. And the deductible is almost as much as the windshield (minimum $1000 deductible on Teslas at my insurance co. - wouldn't be surprised if that is common). Windshield is $1136, all in. 3-day-old car. ARGH.

When did you configure the car?

You can get a glass shop to drill a little hole at the end of the crack to keep it from growing (relieves the stress).

IC event runs until end of the month. Model 3 down to 30-40 deliveries as well as X and S deliveries also.

I had thought the same about the IC, but the guy who called to finalize details in advance of delivery (from Las Vegas) said that he thought the IC was to be a permanent location for Tesla now. He did say that Vancouver deliveries were wrapping up shortly though at whatever temp. location they had arranged there... Still a bit skeptical, as it would be odd to have a permanent location in what I understand is a convention center...

Wow...sorry to hear about the windshield but t bet the drive home was still AMAZING!!!

I ordered April 10th when it was showing a 4-8 week estimate (so by June 5). About mid-June I asked for an update and missed targets and immediately got scheduled for delivery in two weeks (told the car going into transit). Then I hit 48 hours with no agreement or update so I asked again and am told the car is still at the factory? Makes no sense and I had a nagging feeling I was being suckered. Looks like it is going to be ~13 weeks instead. I'm not happy because I was waiting for AWD but pulled the trigger specifically because of the 4-8 week estimate.

To Tesla's credit they allowed me to change the colour after I went to the store to look at samples - they said this wouldn't affect the timing but perhaps it did (almost 4 weeks before they registered the colour change). I'll still be happy if no more delays and if the car is in great shape, but this is really taking away the excitement - feels wrong to have to keep asking where the car is.

I got email that my M3 is ready to order. I had reserved on 22nd of April 2018. GTA in Canada.
Total price for all options is around CAD 84,000.00. In that case, am I still eligible for Ontario Rebate?
Can someone confirm if 14,000.00 Ontario rebate is still applicable for AWD Model 3 with long range battery, red multi coat paint, 19" sports wheel, enhanced autopilot and FSD capability. Total price comes out to be CAD 84,000.00. Plz confirm as only RWD long range battery is listed on MTO's website.
thanks

I got email that my M3 is ready to order. I had reserved on 22nd of April 2018. GTA in Canada.
Total price for all options is around CAD 84,000.00. In that case, am I still eligible for Ontario Rebate?
Can someone confirm if 14,000.00 Ontario rebate is still applicable for AWD Model 3 with long range battery, red multi coat paint, 19" sports wheel, enhanced autopilot and FSD capability. Total price comes out to be CAD 84,000.00. Plz confirm as only RWD long range battery is listed on MTO's website.
thanks

Not sure. You would have to call.
My guess is any car below $75k would qualify, but that’s just a guess.
I can tell you that order doesn’t guarantee you for the $14k.
Once you have your VIN, and the program is still around, then you’re good.
Until then, it’s a long shot.

Not sure. You would have to call.
My guess is any car below $75k would qualify, but that’s just a guess.
I can tell you that order doesn’t guarantee you for the $14k.
Once you have your VIN, and the program is still around, then you’re good.
Until then, it’s a long shot.

Has Ford cancelled the program yet?
I have seen the talk but not sure if it was cancelled. can you confirm?