Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for everyone's peace of mind: CityNews
Thanks for the info.
I just picked up mine this morning as scheduled.
All the process was smooth including trade-in. BC rebate is available as the article stated, so no problem!
I'm very excited to explore my new toy😄

FYI,
MYLR/white ext/black int/19" wheels/no tow
order placed : Apr 22
delivery window was given May 17- 20
picked up May 19

Reactions: cbean00
I read Tesla has removed the 7 seat option from the Canadian order page for MYLR. There are a lot of 7 seaters in inventory and discounted slightly. Not sure what that decision is about. White seats are still an option so probably doesn’t indicate MYLR is going to come from China as speculated for MYP after the range spec reduction.

I read Tesla has removed the 7 seat option from the Canadian order page for MYLR. There are a lot of 7 seaters in inventory and discounted slightly. Not sure what that decision is about. White seats are still an option so probably doesn’t indicate MYLR is going to come from China as speculated for MYP after the range spec reduction.
Huh wow. Could just be their way of forcing the inventory to clear up?

MYLR5/White/White/19" Gemini
ON, Canada
Toronto
OD: 17 May 23
EDD1: May-June
EDD2: May-June

I placed my order a few days ago and noticed yesterday that the exact model that I want is available in Ottawa. I asked my SA if I could have it delivered and he told me that Tesla never does deliveries.... Is that true? From what I'm reading on this forum, it should be possible right? I just don't really want to drive the 5 hours.

ON, Canada
Toronto

I placed my order a few days ago and noticed yesterday that the exact model that I want is available in Ottawa. I asked my SA if I could have it delivered and he told me that Tesla never does deliveries.... Is that true? From what I'm reading on this forum, it should be possible right? I just don't really want to drive the 5 hours.

I have a Model 3 on order (VIN assigned, EDD Jun 06-Jun 20) and found the exact same model "in stock" in Laval, a 2,5 hour drive from me. Asked my SA to switch my order for that vehicle, I would have driven there to pick it up : "It's not arrived yet, it's on the same ship as yours..."

So you might want to call the dealership in Ottawa to check if it's really in stock, or just a way to stimulate sales by offering a pseudo in-stock car.

1st Jun,Y RWD arrive

Attachments

• F471A3F6-08A9-42A5-B908-4609E562E7D4.png
    F471A3F6-08A9-42A5-B908-4609E562E7D4.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 110
ON, Canada
Toronto

We live almost 5 hrs from our nearest delivery location, so I can't relate too much 🤣😂

Welp, another transport delay for mine. Originally booked for May 20, then May 23, now moved to May 25.

Was told the truck broke down in northern Nevada. Guess we’ll see if Thursday holds.
Texted to try to find out if the truck had actually moved from Nevada or if it was still sitting there. Got a follow up message saying they spoke to the driver, who is anticipating arriving in town tomorrrow evening, so appear to be on track for my Thursday delivery.

Really just want to get this taken care of - so close, but so far away still… 😂

MYLR5/Blue/Black/19" Gemini
AB, Canada
OD: 05 Feb 23
EDD1: Mar - Apr
EDD2: Apr - Jun
EDD3: 14 May- 18 Jun
EDD4: 10 Jul - 21 Aug
EDD5 (01 May): 01-14 May
EDD6 (03 May): 06-20 May
EDD7 (07 May): 07-19 May ... (08 May): 08-19 May ... (09 May): 09-19 May ... (10 May): 10-19 May
EDD8 (11 May): 12-26 May
EDD9 (12 May): 18-23 May. Vision Disclaimer Accepted.
EDD10 (13 May): Delivery Email Received. Delivery scheduled for 20 May, through the web portal. VIN assigned once delivery scheduled.
DD (20 May): Pickup at 1100. One fairly deep scratch on the upper B-pillar, scheduled a service appointment. The delivery itself was painless. Paperwork was in the car, the only thing I was told I needed to bring was the Bank Draft for the deposit.

Only two recommendations to Tesla/Sales advisors:
1. Turns out if you finance through Tesla (Scotiabank) they also wanted a blank cheque. Easy to download and email, but could have brought it in advance.
2. We had a minute or two of confusion when talking with the sales advisor ref acceptance of delivery. We thought it meant signing all the forms, and ready to drive away. It took a bit of roundabout conversation for us to understand they wanted us to login to the web portal (not the app) and click the "confirmation" button. Note that this button isn't available until your pickup time slot, so we had no idea.

All in all, quite painless - Less the 05 Feb -> 20 May wait...

Reactions: Shawn97
MYLR5/Blue/Black/19" Gemini
AB, Canada
OD: 05 Feb 23
EDD1: Mar - Apr
EDD2: Apr - Jun
EDD3: 14 May- 18 Jun
EDD4: 10 Jul - 21 Aug
EDD5 (01 May): 01-14 May
EDD6 (03 May): 06-20 May
EDD7 (07 May): 07-19 May ... (08 May): 08-19 May ... (09 May): 09-19 May ... (10 May): 10-19 May
EDD8 (11 May): 12-26 May
EDD9 (12 May): 18-23 May. Vision Disclaimer Accepted.
EDD10 (13 May): Delivery Email Received. Delivery scheduled for 20 May, through the web portal. VIN assigned once delivery scheduled.
DD (20 May): Pickup at 1100. One fairly deep scratch on the upper B-pillar, scheduled a service appointment. The delivery itself was painless. Paperwork was in the car, the only thing I was told I needed to bring was the Bank Draft for the deposit.

Only two recommendations to Tesla/Sales advisors:
1. Turns out if you finance through Tesla (Scotiabank) they also wanted a blank cheque. Easy to download and email, but could have brought it in advance.
2. We had a minute or two of confusion when talking with the sales advisor ref acceptance of delivery. We thought it meant signing all the forms, and ready to drive away. It took a bit of roundabout conversation for us to understand they wanted us to login to the web portal (not the app) and click the "confirmation" button. Note that this button isn't available until your pickup time slot, so we had no idea.

All in all, quite painless - Less the 05 Feb -> 20 May wait...
Congratulations on your new MYLR5!

For the scotiabank financing, did they mention if they accept pre-authorized debit?

Thank you

Any MYP orders receive a China VIN# ? A China VIN would start with LRW instead of 7SA and have a C in the 11th position instead of the F.

Driveteslacanada keeps reporting that they think the MYPs are going to come from China along with the MYRWD and M3RWD that are already shipping. But as far as I can tell from their articles, they are just assuming this based on the change to the range estimate on the online configurator.

Anyone else experience a big bump in EDD? Was previously May 12-27 (and then progressively smaller window as the first date passed), and stayed at May 19 - May 28 until just now when it moved to Jul 10 - Aug 14
Same thing happened to me. My EDD1 was May - June 2023 and as of this morning it is Jul 12 - Aug 23. I ordered May 14.

My order is MYLR in grey/19”/black int/no tow/no AP.

Reactions: cbean00