Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joining the Canada waiting room!

MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 5
ODD: May - July
EDD:
VIN:

Not sure what happened, but 2 weeks ago inventory was JAMMED with performance models and one night they disappeared! Pretty adamant about the MYP, so here I wait :)
Update:

MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
EDD1: June 15- June 22
EDD2: July 22-September 2
VIN:

This is so painful - days before I ordered, you could get a MYP out of inventory!

Welp, another transport delay for mine. Originally booked for May 20, then May 23, now moved to May 25.

Was told the truck broke down in northern Nevada. Guess we’ll see if Thursday holds.
Texted this morning to see if the vehicle had arrived as planned, and got a response confirming its arrival - seemingly on track for delivery tomorrow.

Just got a call from the SC telling me that the vehicle has failed their inspection with a large scratch on the rear hatch - bad enough that they'll either need to repaint the hatch or just replace it outright, so now who knows when delivery is going to happen 🤦‍♂️

Texted this morning to see if the vehicle had arrived as planned, and got a response confirming its arrival - seemingly on track for delivery tomorrow.

Just got a call from the SC telling me that the vehicle has failed their inspection with a large scratch on the rear hatch - bad enough that they'll either need to repaint the hatch or just replace it outright, so now who knows when delivery is going to happen 🤦‍♂️
Received update from the body shop, they're estimating mid next week to be done. Hopefully this means there's finally an end in sight for all of this.

I guess one silver lining, that should mean I have everything in place when I do finally get my hands on the vehicle, as I've got an electrician coming on Wednesday next week to install my wall connector, and all of my various accessories have already arrived.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
Update:

MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
EDD1: June 15- June 22
EDD2: July 22-September 2
VIN:

This is so painful - days before I ordered, you could get a MYP out of inventory!
I ordered MYP on 4/26 for a blue with white interior....my date is still May - July...

I am in Vancouver, BC Canada....

Anyone else ordered MYP in Vancouver in April/May?

Received update from the body shop, they're estimating mid next week to be done. Hopefully this means there's finally an end in sight for all of this.

I guess one silver lining, that should mean I have everything in place when I do finally get my hands on the vehicle, as I've got an electrician coming on Wednesday next week to install my wall connector, and all of my various accessories have already arrived.
Touched base with the service centre to see if there was any update, and sounds like my vehicle will finally be ready to go tomorrow! Delivery now set for May 31!

Reactions: xpandabl3
Finally got to go through with delivery day, so I’m officially a Tesla owner! Delivery process was super smooth, car was flawless. I couldn’t be happier!
IMG_5495.jpeg

A few questions!

I placed my MYLR5 order on May 14th. EDD1 was May- June and EDD2 is Jul 12-Aug 23. I am based in Vancouver so I suppose it’s possible when the shipment arrives on Saturday could change.

What is the process once a more concrete EDD is assigned? What if the date doesn’t work for you because you are out of town? Is it more like a pick up window or are your stuck with the date?

Also, does anyone have a list of things they should look for upon pick up?

A few questions!

I placed my MYLR5 order on May 14th. EDD1 was May- June and EDD2 is Jul 12-Aug 23. I am based in Vancouver so I suppose it’s possible when the shipment arrives on Saturday could change.

What is the process once a more concrete EDD is assigned? What if the date doesn’t work for you because you are out of town? Is it more like a pick up window or are your stuck with the date?

1) Maybe the incoming shipment would bring your EDD sooner, but I suspect not...that EDD is often optomistic :-(

2) Do you have your VIN, either through Tesla advisor or via the "hidden VIN method" (just Google it) ? The last 6 digits will give a clue as to the manufacture date.

3) Check this site, it has tons of useful info that will answer most of your last questions : After ordering your Tesla, shipping updates and news. Where is my Tesla | Linktree

A few questions!

Yours is a LR though. I think most people on here talking about the 2nd shipment are talking about the MY RWD coming from China on the second boat.

My friend in Victoria who ordered MYLR in late Feb had a July-Aug EDD similar to yours and then all of a sudden got VIN and got his car 2 weeks ago. So don't put too much faith in that EDD. You will probably get it sooner than that.

Looks like all Canadian cars may be coming from China very soon:

Let us know if you receive a made China VIN on a LR or P. VIN will start with LRW instead of 7SA. 11th digit will be a C instead of F.

This will probably delay the debut of HW4 in Canada if all production is going to shift to China. I guess maybe only some of LR/P will come from China? But seems it may be a total shift with the order page updated for the lower range.

Reactions: gaur
Guh. I ordered on 05/24, white/black/19s/tow, VIN on 05/26, EDD 05/28-0611. Put mine on hold until 06/10 since it was HW3.

Now with MIC models in the mix, who knows what I will get!?! Wondering if I should take my chances and remove the hold now, or wait it out.

Guh. I ordered on 05/24, white/black/19s/tow, VIN on 05/26, EDD 05/28-0611. Put mine on hold until 06/10 since it was HW3.

Now with MIC models in the mix, who knows what I will get!?! Wondering if I should take my chances and remove the hold now, or wait it out.
Removed the hold given the uncertainty. Still have the same VIN, such is life. Scheduled for delivery on June 7. Should have it for Canada Day camping at least!