Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How am I supposed to make final payment with a loan through Tesla? The loan is from HSBC, am I suppose to go to HSBC and do a wire transfer to Tesla before picking the car up? I get that I have to bring bank draft with my deposit amount but what happens with the outstanding balance that is financed? Is that all I have to do? Never actually financed a car before this.

Picking the car up Monday and can't get through to the delivery centre
Hello @johnweiss ,

You should have received your payment information via your account or at least notified via E-mail. It takes up to or more than 48+ hours for a wire transfer. If not, like me, then the worse-case scenario is:

• bank draft made out to "TESLA MOTORS CANADA ULC" for the down payment that you agreed to. Make sure you check the amount owing on your account to ensure that all fees are included in the downpayment. This amount is found in your "manage your vehicle" section of your Tesla.com account. Carefully locate the amount owing. I would request the bank draft today to make it for Monday by calling your bank now to begin the process.
  • VOID cheque or fill in your automatic payment details on the financing paperwork they will provide during the delivery. I just did a void cheque because I am too lazy to fill it in :p
  • The finance company, HSBC, will most likely contact you soon after you pick up the vehicle to confirm everything is ok or whether they need more info, change payment schedule, etc. Normally the payment schedule is monthly and first payment will be the same day (Oct 13 in your case) next month.

Ok, so the wire transfer part they mention is just for the down payment portion and my personal banking info is for the loan portion?

Because I'm slow, just bring

1) bank draft for the down payment
2) personal banking info for the loan payments

Ifni want to put a bigger down payment, can I just bring a bigger draft? I just used the default when I originally ordered the car.

Thanks for the info

Reactions: pderbyshire
Ok, so the wire transfer part they mention is just for the down payment portion and my personal banking info is for the loan portion?

Because I'm slow, just bring

1) bank draft for the down payment
2) personal banking info for the loan payments

Ifni want to put a bigger down payment, can I just bring a bigger draft? I just used the default when I originally ordered the car.

Thanks for the info
@johnweiss For bigger down payment, I guess so. Never done that. Keep in mind you can make extra payments anytime on these car loans. That means, you can pay the agreed down payment now, then the day after make an extra payment by contacting HBSC in your case with your loan details and they will withdraw the extra amount or add to your next month payment, or increase your overall monthly payment. Very flexible loans especially if you want to pay off early.

Reactions: johnweiss
So, picked up today.

Well, I have had better experiences with new cars that is for sure.
  • Frunk misaligned - service appointment booked for alignment
  • Rear hatch misaligned - service appointment booked for alignment
  • Paint drip on left side trim below doors, suspect door hinges got some attention after assembly - service appointment booked for new trim and maybe new hinges
  • Missing 2x plastic button rivets behind both rear wheels which attach the wheel well to the splash guard under the car. Check out personnel tried to convince me this is ok and that they had heard this was a new thing. After pressing the issue and requesting a technician to look at it immediately, the tech agreed it was not right and fixed it on the spot.
  • Asked for front license plate not to be adhered to front of car when booking my delivery date because I was going to use my own front license mount - didn't happen. I will have to remove the plate they stuck to the front myself, clean the bumper, and use my SnapPlate mount.
  • 1 of the delivery personnel tried to rush my checkout and wanted me to move the car. A second delivery person said take your time...sheesh Tesla...
Moral of the story...
  • never fully trust your SA. Question everything. Go with your gut.
  • Never fully trust your vehicle check out personnel. Question everything. Go with your gut.
  • Remember to also look in your wheel wells and under your car as best you can. If you see two holes exposed that seem to line up, something probably goes in there and is missing.
  • When booking a delivery date ensure that you press for the MVPA fully filled out immediately and receive an E-mail AND that the payment method E-mail and details are updated on your account.
I was very close to rejecting the car based on my interactions with 1 person in the delivery staff and the various issues that he tried to dismiss.

I hope everyone can learn from my experience. Look over your new cars carefully and don't let them push you around. ;)

View attachment 708137View attachment 708138View attachment 708139

View attachment 708140

View attachment 708143
View attachment 708145
View attachment 708146
Also have some issues.
Waited my copies of the documents Tesla agreement and financing agreement. Nobody answered to my email’s. Had to comeback and asked them in person “please, give me my copies.”

They just forget to activate my free 1500km of the supercharger

After a week since delivery I still paying finance for my trade-in car, WTF?

And today my GPS stoped works, car location showed Tesla HQ,
And all my cameras also stop works. After 300km.
P.s. Found some minor issues with rubber sealer

Attachments

• 611C7EB1-19BC-4887-985B-92A11D288550.jpeg
    611C7EB1-19BC-4887-985B-92A11D288550.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 181
  • F7FED9AC-6248-4E8E-BBB1-B38A618B7936.jpeg
    F7FED9AC-6248-4E8E-BBB1-B38A618B7936.jpeg
    581.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 224A41BE-D055-4250-863F-DB4EE4E2474F.jpeg
    224A41BE-D055-4250-863F-DB4EE4E2474F.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 93E31A97-E252-4F5B-9431-87F5CAA7B7FC.jpeg
    93E31A97-E252-4F5B-9431-87F5CAA7B7FC.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 0A24CFAE-9CF2-47D6-A771-4B1985947AB8.jpeg
    0A24CFAE-9CF2-47D6-A771-4B1985947AB8.jpeg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 137
Picked up my car today at the Vancouver centre. It was perfect. The only issues is that the glove box won't open, it's stuck. Had to schedule a service appointment to get it fixed. They tried to fix it on the spot but couldn't. Pick up was smooth, the rep had all the documents ready and we took our time to check the car and then signed the documents.

Attachments

• IMG_5507.jpg
    IMG_5507.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 115
rdered my Model Y and hopefully it is on the way
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • White Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Order placed: July 14
Pickup in Vaughan

EDD has been moved up and down a few times. Now it's been stable for a few days.
August 10 - August 25 - September 08
August 12 - August 26 - September 08
August 13 - over the phone from SC October 21st.
August 14 - October 14 - November 03
August 16 - August 30 - September 19
August 19 - September 01 - September 19
August 20 - September 02 - September 18
August 24 - September 06 - September 19
August 25 - called SC and was told EDD end of October.
August 27 - September 06 - September 19
Soooooo excited...
Got an email today asking for payment.
Logged into the Tesla account and got the button to proceed with delivery.

EDD now shows as. September 10 - September 13

Logged into desktop and checked VIN assigned 257xxx

Still no call from Tesla SA. I guess I will call them Monday.

Sept 2 Thursday called SC and scheduled delivery for Sep. 10.

Confirmed mudflaps on front and ppf in rear.
Car arriving from factory on 6th

Can't wait

‐-----------------------------------------------------------
So we picked up the Y on Friday.
Overall it was a great experience. Alex was great from the Vaughan Service Center.

Drove up and saw our car in the front lot.
Took a few pics. Went inside and they had the paperwork ready. Another SA took us to the car explained a few things. We told him we need time for a full inspection. Took a good 45 to 55 mins and went over the 2 checklists we brought.

Found the following issues.

1. 4 inch scratch on inside of front passenger side window glass. They tried to rub it out, but will need glass replaced.

2. 7mm scratch on the top left side of rear trunk. They will probably fix it with a paint correction pen. Hopefully it's up to my standard if not I will ask then to fix it again.

3. Minor alignment issues for the trunk and brakes. Charge port door sticks out a tad bit.

4. Passenger side b pillar had a blue mark on it. Alex was able to clean that with some spray and cloth.

Went in signed the paperwork and was told to setup appointment within 24 hrs and all things would be covered.

As I was about to leave did another check and saw no ppf on the rear was installed. Spoke to Alex and he was able to get it done right away in 10 mins.

No one pushed us everyone was helpful overall a great experience.

Love the car, still learning a new things everyday.

Love the fact that i don't have to lug car keys around. Get in and start driving, get to your destination and just park and walk away.

This morning I got in and the screen didn't wake up. It was all black, still was able to drive the car. Had to reset by holding both scroll wheels down for 10 secs. Hopefully that doesn't happen often.

Hope everyone here gets their car soon.

Attachments

• 1631529136668.gif
    1631529136668.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 96
  • 1631529230605.gif
    1631529230605.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 95
We picked up our Model Y yesterday in Richmond. We were quite surprised to see dozens of new Model Ys and 3s and the corresponding number of customers! The experience was a bit of a gong show, but everything went smoothly and the staff was very helpful and patient. The car was almost perfect, a slight adjustment of the rear hatch and a door seal that was taken care of on the spot very quickly. Apparently, they said that all the cars have to be moved out this week because they were expecting a hundred new ones by Sunday. Feast and famine by the sounds of it. The only issue we had was a bit of a pushy insurance rep trying to sell us on 3rd party replacement insurance that seemed very expensive to me. I would recommend getting your plates beforehand if possible to simplify the process. Overall we were very happy with the experience and SUPER happy with the car. The car drives very nicely and is stupid fast (we are coming from a Bolt). I can't imagine ever needing any more acceleration than the LR Model Y.

Picked up my Y in Vaughan today. Everything was perfect with it except the front speaker grille which sits about 2mm too high on the driver side. I've scheduled an appointment for it to be fixed. I'm also not extremely picky about aesthetics so there may be things that bother others.

MYLR, MSM,Gemini, white, 5 seat

OD: July 3
Original EDD: November-December
Actual Delivery: Sept 13

Thanks for all the info guys.

I suspect a big shipment just came in. This is slightly awkward, I ordered last week expecting a Jan delivery date and received an email today about payment. Now the EDD is Sep 14-17. I will probably be deferring as I was looking to pick up the car in January. Hopefully someone who will actually use the car gets it. These delivery windows are all over the place.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and ev_mtl
I suspect a big shipment just came in. This is slightly awkward, I ordered last week expecting a Jan delivery date and received an email today about payment. Now the EDD is Sep 14-17. I will probably be deferring as I was looking to pick up the car in January. Hopefully someone who will actually use the car gets it. These delivery windows are all over the place.
What is your spec? You are really lucky (ou unlucky in your case), as I also ordered last week and do not have any EDD at all. And for me the earlier I have the car the better as I sold my previous car and renting from friends until Tesla fulfills my order (and while hunting inventory constantly :) ).

What is your spec? You are really lucky (ou unlucky in your case), as I also ordered last week and do not have any EDD at all. And for me the earlier I have the car the better as I sold my previous car and renting from friends until Tesla fulfills my order (and while hunting inventory constantly :) ).
I ordered the LR in MSM. Nothing else. I also hope they aren't trying to peddle off rejected cars to the next customers in the list.

Not necessarily. While it is possible that it is a reject, it might be a match to an (newly arrived) inventory car. It is EoQ period now. Or it might even be cancellation for other reason than quality and your config just matched.

You’re probably right that it’s just newly arrived inventory. I’m just a bit cynical given how Tesla sometimes does whatever it takes to push EoQ including passing on rejects.

Closely monitoring Tesla inventory across Canada, I found almost my configuration in Vancouver (except exterior color, but MSM was my second choice anyway). Nothing prevented me to put an order on it even being in QC and choosing delivery location next to me. Now I have an EDD of 19-23 September and VIN in source code. We'll see how they figure out shipping this far in that timeframe, but for now everything looks good.