Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
192 VIN. Picked up this past weekend (ordered end of March). Ontario - Canada.

No Passenger lumbar support but based on my experience with the driver's seat lumbar buttons I would say you are not missing much. The deflate setting basically is non existent so once you start playing around with it it's hard to get it back to the original setting. Also it seems, the seat memory only recognizes the pitch and distance, not the lumbar? Maybe it's me though. Happy to be proven wrong by others on the forum.

I understand the frustration in discovering the missing lumbar on the passenger seat on your own accord without a SA telling you (I have written about this).

I'm loving the cameras - picks up bikes, runners, walkers, trucks, pylons etc, granted the weather has been exceptionally in Southern Ontario and I have not driven in fog or intense rain yet.

If I have learned anything in the process a "2021" model year is meaningless. In the first 6 months alone this vehicle has changed in a half dozen ways (new door panel trim, new centre console, cameras over radar, no passenger lumbar, additional front mud flaps and PPF). You can hold off and wait but timing from ordering to taking delivery may impact anything you think you will or will not get. It's a bizarre company to deal with & I have no idea how someone buys one of these cars second-hand as every build seems to be different and Blue Book couldn't possibly put an accurate value on these have and have not features.

But damn, the car is just incredible.
So your car has the front mud flaps and PPF in front of rear wheels?

Same here. Looks like we all had our EDDs updated this morning. I ordered 5/20 and my EDD is now July 22 - August 11
Agreed. I had mine updated too and not happy. I ordered March 27, MY LR MSM 19" Tow Hitch. When from Mid-May to Jun 5, to this. :mad:
IMG_0641.jpeg

Agreed. I had mine updated too and not happy. I ordered March 27, MY LR MSM 19" Tow Hitch. When from Mid-May to Jun 5, to this. :mad:View attachment 669121
Ok, I called an SA in Calgary to get an update on this and he advised me to ignore what's on the site and shared that what they do have visibility to is when VINs will be getting assigned and for me to expect a VIN in 3-5 days, with delivery to follow suit shortly thereafter for an end of June delivery latest. Let's see if this holds true. I'll update here on any progress :)

Ok, I called an SA in Calgary to get an update on this and he advised me to ignore what's on the site and shared that what they do have visibility to is when VINs will be getting assigned and for me to expect a VIN in 3-5 days, with delivery to follow suit shortly thereafter for an end of June delivery latest. Let's see if this holds true. I'll update here on any progress :)
That's crazy. I would be cheesed too. I have the same whip as you @David1oh -- ordered roughly the same time (within a day here to there). We got ours May 29th. Hoping you get a resolution soon. I'm in Ontario.

That's crazy. I would be cheesed too. I have the same whip as you @David1oh -- ordered roughly the same time (within a day here to there). We got ours May 29th. Hoping you get a resolution soon. I'm in Ontario.
Glad you got yours. I have a feeling that us folks in "Oil Country" don't get as much love as those of you in Ontario, Quebec, and BC. (It also probably is a function of population and demand). jk.

I'm hoping the SA is right and I'll be able to report my first impressions with my new MY! How do you like yours?

Glad you got yours. I have a feeling that us folks in "Oil Country" don't get as much love as those of you in Ontario, Quebec, and BC. (It also probably is a function of population and demand). jk.

I'm hoping the SA is right and I'll be able to report my first impressions with my new MY! How do you like yours?
Loving it. I would say it’s well worth the wait but I know there are probably a bunch of factors to consider if your date gets dragged out.

The front mud flaps and PPF on the rear door flare was a welcome surprise but I would have preferred knowing in advance. Ditto for the lack of lumbar on the passenger seat. Had a misaligned glass roof but they fixed it on the spot. Noticed delivery paperwork is stuck behind the driver’s door so we set up an appointment to have that taken off next week. No visible paint issues on the MSM. Panel gaps aren’t perfect but I’ve seen so much worse.

But driving it!!!! Hot dang. So much fun. Been less than a week and every day is a new discovery and more smiles (and my husband and I are fighting over who gets to drive it - ha)!

Reactions: David1oh
MYP
Ordered 4/23
Delivery scheduled for June 5 (looking to be a warm, sunny day)

Has anyone been able to pick “G” plate options or is this not a thing with Tesla? Previous non-Tesla dealers I’ve dealt have allowed me to pick from their selection of plates at their dealership before registering with MTO.

My MYP is landing tomorrow and may be ready for Sat/Mon. My brother-in-law picked up his MYP today. It has the new headlights, mud guards and PPF. It is missing the lumbar support which is upsetting but overall nice vehicle.

Are you saying I should call Calgary to get the inside scoop ??