Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did u mean July 10?
Sorry ETA is August 10 as per my SA.
Screenshot 2021-06-14 124447.png

Placed our order April 25. Within 48 hours we got an email saying a car was available! We passed on it as we had to look into selling our Accord, and that would take time. Initially my account said 6 to 12 weeks, then September for a while, then 2 to 4 weeks, then back to September and now it says June 18 to 30. Unfortunately will probably have to pass on this one as well as now our youngest son says he wants to get his learner's license and I don't want him practicing on the Tesla! He can use the Accord for a month or so and then we will sell it while awaiting another car, but I'm not sure how long we'll have to wait as we will probably go to the bottom of the list. This jumping around on arrival date has made it pretty hard to plan.

Placed our order April 25. Within 48 hours we got an email saying a car was available! We passed on it as we had to look into selling our Accord, and that would take time. Initially my account said 6 to 12 weeks, then September for a while, then 2 to 4 weeks, then back to September and now it says June 18 to 30. Unfortunately will probably have to pass on this one as well as now our youngest son says he wants to get his learner's license and I don't want him practicing on the Tesla! He can use the Accord for a month or so and then we will sell it while awaiting another car, but I'm not sure how long we'll have to wait as we will probably go to the bottom of the list. This jumping around on arrival date has made it pretty hard to plan.
I would take the car because the chip shortage may make you wait a long time. My son has learned on my Model 3 for the past 9 months. Taking his test in the Model 3 in 2 weeks. Let's hope it stays in one piece! LOL

Calgary here... ordered 5/23, got an e-mail on Saturday with a VIN (2074xx) and an indication that it'd be ready for pickup sometime during the week of the 21st. My account currently shows a delivery appointment for the 23rd - oddly I haven't been given an option to pick an appointment for myself...

Reactions: JKA82
Calgary here... ordered 5/23, got an e-mail on Saturday with a VIN (2074xx) and an indication that it'd be ready for pickup sometime during the week of the 21st. My account currently shows a delivery appointment for the 23rd - oddly I haven't been given an option to pick an appointment for myself...
I am informed that my vehicle is arriving early and that I'll be able to take delivery on the 19th. Hooray!

If your plan with the Accord is not trading in with Tesla, you can take the Tesla delivery and also keep the Accord for one more month before selling it. Don't count on Tesla's date for your plan.

That's really quick. I got a text message on my phone. The link to schedue it like: tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxxx

Take the blue haha. The SA told me they had a blue ready to go and I hopped on it. Delivery next week
Lol... The SA in Calgary said "seeing some other configurations as well a little delayed. There is no Midnight Silver, Black or White Model Y’s currently available on site. The available inventory for immediate delivery on site right now would be Blue exterior or Red exterior.

I've waited this long so can wait a few more weeks for my colour. Problem is, I would have gone for the white or black so I'd be out of luck there as well!

Quite frankly, I've given up fussing about it. Bottom line, I need my car for a multi-week trip starting in Mid August. As long as I have it before then, I'm OK. If I start to hear that my order will be delayed again as this new target date of July rolls around, I'll start looking at other cars and basically make it a race to see which comes first, the MY I ordered in March or the new car I'll start to look for in July.

Reactions: yangray
After a couple of weeks of different arrival dates every day, got a flurry of emails on Friday saying make payment, your car is here, schedule an appointment! However the payment has to be wire transfer, and we needed to move some money around so this will take a couple of days. Bank draft would have been faster and cheaper but it doesn't appear they will take that. Got another text this morning reminding me to make my appointment but now no times are available! So will probably be a week or so before we can pick up. Guess our car won't be included in those end of quarter delivery stats!
And we decided to hold onto our old Accord for a few more weeks so my son can abuse it while getting some practice driving!

Reactions: David1oh