Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a couple of weeks of different arrival dates every day, got a flurry of emails on Friday saying make payment, your car is here, schedule an appointment! However the payment has to be wire transfer, and we needed to move some money around so this will take a couple of days. Bank draft would have been faster and cheaper but it doesn't appear they will take that. Got another text this morning reminding me to make my appointment but now no times are available! So will probably be a week or so before we can pick up. Guess our car won't be included in those end of quarter delivery stats!
And we decided to hold onto our old Accord for a few more weeks so my son can abuse it while getting some practice driving!

@MYBCMY you do not need a wire transfer, just arrive with a bank draft for the amount due and you will be fine. The sales guy we ordered with at the W. 4th location actually told us to ignore that message about the transfer and bring a draft. It worked perfectly.
+1, you don't need to do wire transfer. That's just the standard text on the website. In my case, I called the DC before the payment reminder email arrived, and the people in DC only told me to bring a draft. They also sent me an email (not from system but from a real person in the DC), which only mentioned bank draft.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
+1, you don't need to do wire transfer. That's just the standard text on the website. In my case, I called the DC before the payment reminder email arrived, and the people in DC only told me to bring a draft. They also sent me an email (not from system but from a real person in the DC), which only mentioned bank draft.
Wow! Thanks @srlawren and @jjgg! That really helps! Wire payments are expensive at my bank and take more time.

Glad we could help! Enjoy your new ride. Are you picking up in Olympic Village, in Richmond, or in Surrey?
Great Northern Way, so I think that's Olympic Village. Haven't been in that area in a while! Looking forward to it.
The electronic appliances in my house don't seem to be responding well to the pending arrival of the Tesla though as I have had two major ones die since I got confirmation of the delivery date! :oops:

• Funny
Well, pickup was the evening of June 29! Thought I'd share a few things about the experience.
After having different estimated delivery dates every day I looked for weeks (sometimes jumping weeks backwards or forwards several times in a week), around June 22 the delivery date narrowed down to June 29-30 (yes, end of quarter!) Still showed that when we got an alert June 25 that we needed to make payment as our car was here! It only takes a couple of days to transfer money into our chequing account, but man - they were intense! They wanted us to schedule that pickup date, they wanted the money fast, and the only pickup days available were June 29 and 30. I booked the appointment even though we didn't have the money in our account yet to do a bank draft, as I finally got a text saying if I didn't book an appointment they were giving our car to someone else. Being a Friday, the money transfer took until Monday and we had scheduled pickup for Wednesday after work (two owners and both must be there).
In retrospect I should have transferred the money earlier but it's a big chunk to leave sitting in chequing earning no interest, and what if they suddenly switched dates again?
Anyway, the pickup was pretty much seamless. We spent about 40 minutes going over the car in detail, and my wife (who can spot a paint blemish from a block away) found a couple of small areas that looked rough but were just adhesive - they buffed them and they were gone.
Car had PPF in front of rear tires. No mudflaps. So far, no issues! Taking it in for ceramic coating in a week - and a paint chip correction. Because I opened the trunk in my garage as soon as I got home to get out the mobile charger, and the trunk went up and hit the inside of my garage door. Which wouldn't be a problem except there is a bolt - right there. :eek: Grabbed the trunk a little too late you see. Now adjusted so it stops well short of that but I was less than thrilled with myself. Interesting that our minivan rear door doesn't touch the garage door but the Model Y does!

Reactions: jjgg
Because I opened the trunk in my garage as soon as I got home to get out the mobile charger, and the trunk went up and hit the inside of my garage door. Which wouldn't be a problem except there is a bolt - right there. :eek: Grabbed the trunk a little too late you see. Now adjusted so it stops well short of that but I was less than thrilled with myself. Interesting that our minivan rear door doesn't touch the garage door but the Model Y does!
I also went from a minivan (Odyssey) to MY. The van liftgate is pretty much a flat piece but the MY liftgate is a L shape so the corner of the L would raise higher than a van. I took a very extreme approach - I held the liftgate as soon as the lock unlatched, and manually raised it to the suitable height and program it there.

It looks like MY's liftgate can only be "electronically stopped" in the middle by a key fob. And other than that you have to use hand to stop it from moving further. (Unlike Odyssey's liftgate which has a "manual mode" if you hold the trunk button when opening it.)

Hey guys, I saw my delivery timelines got advanced today am by a month - can this be true?
Ordered MYLR, red color, 7 seater configuration, black interior on 16 June with EDD of early September.
Till yesterday it was 15 August-end of September.
Now it’s 25 July-1st week of August

Hey guys, I saw my delivery timelines got advanced today am by a month - can this be true?
Ordered MYLR, red color, 7 seater configuration, black interior on 16 June with EDD of early September.
Till yesterday it was 15 August-end of September.
Now it’s 25 July-1st week of August
Could be possible. All Tesla GTA locations are dry and have no cars they can’t keep their lots empty till September. My EDD states September but as per my SA on their internal system states EDD of July 26. So I think there will be a bunch of MY’s coming to Toronto, GTA mid July.

Reactions: Steel28
Could be possible. All Tesla GTA locations are dry and have no cars they can’t keep their lots empty till September. My EDD states September but as per my SA on their internal system states EDD of July 26. So I think there will be a bunch of MY’s coming to Toronto, GTA mid July.
When did you place your order and what options?