Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a grey Model Y performance with hitch on order. Dates moves around a lot. Right now it says Aug 7 to 17th but not sure that means anything. Ordered late June so can’t complain if I get it this month.
Are these ETA’s at all reliable!

cheers from Vancouver

Reactions: ModalYYJ
On a side note, are you guys installing Tesla chargers at home? or sticking to 120v? Wife works from home, wondering if needed or not.
I got a Nema 14-50 installed in my garage. Much better than 110v.

Ordered MY-Red-5 seat, black int. May 24
Got assigned a VIN Aug 1. Got a phone call Aug 3, to arrange delivery or pickup, and I got SC pick-up set for Aug 17 (Toronto, Lawrence Ave)

I got a Nema 14-50 installed in my garage. Much better than 110v.

Ordered MY-Red-5 seat, black int. May 24
Got assigned a VIN Aug 1. Got a phone call Aug 3, to arrange delivery or pickup, and I got SC pick-up set for Aug 17 (Toronto, Lawrence Ave)
I picked up my MSM MYLR7 from Lawrence Location- my suggestion is to do your pre-delivery inspection thoroughly. I had a few minor issues which they addressed promptly. Notwithstanding all this, they still didn't include the charging kit and I had to get there the next day (on Sunday), no premium connectivity or supercharger miles (free 1500 as I got a referral) as the vehicle wasn't marked delivered.

I picked up my MSM MYLR7 from Lawrence Location- my suggestion is to do your pre-delivery inspection thoroughly. I had a few minor issues which they addressed promptly. Notwithstanding all this, they still didn't include the charging kit and I had to get there the next day (on Sunday), no premium connectivity or supercharger miles (free 1500 as I got a referral) as the vehicle wasn't marked delivered.
Thanks for the update! I’m picking my car up on the 11th so I’ll be sure to watch out for those things as well. How’s the car otherwise ?

On a side note, are you guys installing Tesla chargers at home? or sticking to 120v? Wife works from home, wondering if needed or not.
I already had an OUTDOOR NEMA 6-50 WELDING OUTLET It was originally installed by an electrician for use with a J1172 charger for my Volt in 2017. Since I had a government credit available for my Model 3 for a new charger I went ahead an bought a Tesla wall charger. I converted the Tesla hardwired wall charger to use the Nema 6-50 receptacle. $10 1.25 "nipple, $40 5 feet of 6 gauge outdoor flexible rubber sheathed wire and $10 for the nemaplug. I have it set for only 32 amps currently for my Model 3 SR+. It's about 3 amps faster than the older J1172 charger that was previously in use. It's been over a year and no issues.

Thx for info. I chose SC pickup vs Home delivery so I could be thorough. I have a few checklists.
I'll check trunk for charger kit (I've already picked up a 2nd mobile connector that will stay stay in my garage)
Fingers crossed for successful pickup.

Refreshing, refreshing and refreshing (Thanks Distill)...

Finally got the magic blue box and VIN in the source code! 246xxx

OD 5.27 | MYLR5 | MSM | White Interior | 20” | no tow | no fsd | Toronto

EDD before VIN: 08/18-08/28, EDD after VIN: October (nice joke Elon)

Reactions: Abadole
Refreshing, refreshing and refreshing (Thanks Distill)...

Finally got the magic blue box and VIN in the source code! 246xxx

OD 5.27 | MYLR5 | MSM | White Interior | 20” | no tow | no fsd | Toronto

EDD before VIN: 08/18-08/28, EDD after VIN: October (nice joke Elon)
My exact config! Ordered on June 4..SA told me internal arrival date is August 23.

current EDD is Aug 18 - Sep 3..

Could anyone whose experienced, write a list of what to inspect/look for on the day of pick up? Want to be sure everything is perfect before taking delivery.

I saw someone post this VERY thorough checklist a while back and bookmarked it for when it's my turn.

So I ordered a 7 seater, blue on white with 19s and tow package on July 30 showing a delivery time frame of December which I was ok with.

Just checked my account page and see it now shows August 21-Sept 10. 🤔
I hope mine stays Dec or Nov at the earliest it was actually what I wanted when I ordered. I was worried that Tesla would increase our Cdn prices so I wanted to lock in an order. Not ready to take it any sooner. I may have to delay if it is and make someone else happy.

I hope mine stays Dec or Nov at the earliest it was actually what I wanted when I ordered. I was worried that Tesla would increase our Cdn prices so I wanted to lock in an order. Not ready to take it any sooner. I may have to delay if it is and make someone else happy.
That's exactly what I did as well. I was ok with a December delivery. I ordered now due to the HEPA filter now being standard and to protect against any price increases in Canada. I might also have to delay. I have another gas car that I need to sell or trade. If they give me a decent trade number then I may consider taking delivery earlier.