Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well guys, ended up getting an inventory blue Model 3 instead and picked it up yesterday. There was 1 very small chip or dust particle that broke off on the rear quarter panel and some inconsistency of the clear coat. Overall pretty happy compared to the Y we rejected last week - in fact, the Y is still parked in the same spot at the lot so I don't know what Tesla plans to do with it.

Haven't cancelled the Y order yet but the EDD moved up 2 weeks to Nov 24 - Dec 14 from Dec - Jan.

Well guys, ended up getting an inventory blue Model 3 instead and picked it up yesterday. There was 1 very small chip or dust particle that broke off on the rear quarter panel and some inconsistency of the clear coat. Overall pretty happy compared to the Y we rejected last week - in fact, the Y is still parked in the same spot at the lot so I don't know what Tesla plans to do with it.

Haven't cancelled the Y order yet but the EDD moved up 2 weeks to Nov 24 - Dec 14 from Dec - Jan.
That's a big change. Hope you enjoy your 3 as much as I do mine!

Maybe you could keep your order until it arrives so that it warrants enough of a shipment for Tesla, to be sent to west coast Canada and gives someone the opportunity to purchase from inventory ;-)

Model Y build details
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Order placed: July 8 (picking up in Vaughan)
Original Estimated Delivery: August 29 - September 18
August 10-August 31: October 10-October 30
September 1: October 23-November 12

My MYP OD 07/27 EDD 09/01-09/07 was assigned a VIN last night. I was told I’d received a text message or email to select delivery day anytime these days. Waited all day today, nothing showed up so far. Do they send out the text/email at the time the car actually arrives to the delivery center?

My MYP OD 07/27 EDD 09/01-09/07 was assigned a VIN last night. I was told I’d received a text message or email to select delivery day anytime these days. Waited all day today, nothing showed up so far. Do they send out the text/email at the time the car actually arrives to the delivery center?
No it was sent out the 2nd day after VIN for me when the car was still in transit. Maybe wait for another day. Got both email and text.
Seems the rumor is real that P comes much sooner. I have the basic config and it was 4 month wait 🥲

k didnt get to post yesterday. but got my 'text' and 'call' from tesla to book delivery! Picking up Friday!

Tesla texted/called...received a follow up email...got an automated call today asking to again confirm and sign docs online. so excited.

WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW!!!

you should get a text today and a call. i got my VIN the other night, then received a text first thing in the AM

Model Y on the way
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Order placed: June 19
Original Estimated Delivery: August 18 - September 08
July 15: August 25 - September 14
July 17: August 18 - September 07
July 18: August 20 - September 09
July 19: August 23 - September 12
July 24: August 24 - September 13
July 25: August 25 - September 14
July 28: August 24 - September 13
August 2: October
August 3: August 24 - September 13
August 7: August 23 - September 12
August 9: August 31 - September 20
August 10: August 26 - September 15
August 11: August 25 - September 14
August 12: August 26 - September 14
August 15: September 01 - September 21
August 16: August 31 - September 20
August 18: September 01 - September 21
August 19: September 02 - September 21
August 20: September 03 - September 14
August 22: "Proceed with Delivery" Button + September 04 - September 07, VIN obtained via web page source code
August 23: E-mailed Oakville SA to confirm VIN and delivery questions, no response.
August 24: Left a voice message for Tesla Oakville Delivery to confirm VIN and delivery questions, no response.
August 26: Call from SA confirming the VIN. Requested no front license plate mount attached at delivery as I will bring my own. Scheduled Delivery for September 11 in Oakville, Ontario.

• No Vin yet in account page (non-source). VIN in source code.
  • No VIN yet in MVPA.
  • Never received a "book a delivery" text or E-mail.
  • Have not yet received payment information and instructions other than from SA
With over a week until delivery, maybe, some of these things will occur...however I am not counting on it.

Ordered my Model Y and hopefully it is on the way
  • White Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Order placed: July 14
Pickup in Vaughan

EDD has been moved up and down a few times. Now it's been stable for a few days.
August 10 - August 25 - September 08
August 12 - August 26 - September 08
August 13 - over the phone from SC October 21st.
August 14 - October 14 - November 03
August 16 - August 30 - September 19
August 19 - September 01 - September 19
August 20 - September 02 - September 18
August 24 - September 06 - September 19
August 25 - called SC and was told EDD end of October.
August 27 - September 06 - September 19
Soooooo excited...
Got an email today asking for payment.
Logged into the Tesla account and got the button to proceed with delivery.

EDD now shows as. September 10 - September 13

Logged into desktop and checked VIN assigned 257xxx

Still no call from Tesla SA. I guess I will call them Monday.

Sept 2 Thursday called SC and scheduled delivery for Sep. 10.

Confirmed mudflaps on front and ppf in rear.
Car arriving from factory on 6th

Can't wait

Got call from Tesla Richmond saying shipment 'stuck at the border' but vehicles are expected to arrive, will get updated later. jezus don't play with my heart strings, had to plan a day off work and such to get the car tomorrow!

Omg 😱 I just got the blue button for confirm delivery and sept 12-18 date. I didn’t even read what the box said I just clicked confirm lol. Can someone summarize whatit says? I only saw a mention of Tesla vision

july 30 order. YLR MSM white, Gemini.

Reactions: Steel28