Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is good to know, especially for those who live near provinces borders, that Tesla will not deliver an inventory car to somebody who is not resident of the province the DC situated in. Even if he resides literally in several kilometres distance - like Gatineau/Ottawa residents. Somebody from Gatineau will not be able to pick up an inventory car from Ottawa's Tesla DC. That's what a director of sales in St. Bruno Tesla Store/DC explained me today.

Odd - August 4/21
LRMY
White exterior black interior
7 seat
Tow package
Upgraded 20’s
FSD

date has changed a few times but on average was between November 17-Jan 4 but today moved to March! If I don’t get it in 2021 I’d rather pick it up in April 22 and not deal with winter driving and tires too.

Was looking to order a Y, possibly Performance given it still shows Nov delivery. But then figured I'd just ride out winter and think about an LR.

Anyone know if Canada will be getting thr Y's from Berlin in the New Year?

Was looking to order a Y, possibly Performance given it still shows Nov delivery. But then figured I'd just ride out winter and think about an LR.

Anyone know if Canada will be getting thr Y's from Berlin in the New Year?
I doubt it would be Berlin. AFAIK, Berlin is supposed to produce cars for Europe. I think MY for Canada (and for North America in general) will come from Austin in the nest year.

I just placed an order for a Y Performance yesterday and I'm doing all the basic paperwork right now. I really want to make sure the car is registered as a 2022 so I called the SA and asked them. They said 2022 deliveries wouldn't be until April next year and all cars before that would be registered as 2021? Does that sound right to you guys?

I was under the impression that the model year change over would happen just before 2022. I want a 2022 just for future resale to say it's 1yr newer even though it effectively makes no difference. When would I find out which model year I'd be getting and is it possible to refuse the allocation and wait for another one?

My SA seems pretty clueless about this and insists that no 2022s will be registered until spring next year at the earliest....

Reactions: DK7519
I just placed an order for a Y Performance yesterday and I'm doing all the basic paperwork right now. I really want to make sure the car is registered as a 2022 so I called the SA and asked them. They said 2022 deliveries wouldn't be until April next year and all cars before that would be registered as 2021? Does that sound right to you guys?

I was under the impression that the model year change over would happen just before 2022. I want a 2022 just for future resale to say it's 1yr newer even though it effectively makes no difference. When would I find out which model year I'd be getting and is it possible to refuse the allocation and wait for another one?

My SA seems pretty clueless about this and insists that no 2022s will be registered until spring next year at the earliest....
April definitely sounds like a clueless answer. It’s anyone’s guess when the model year will change at this point. It could be anytime starting from October to January. It will be a random occurrence and the SA’s will find out once those cars start getting delivered.

Newby here! Learning lots from you guys already! I never realized there was so much to think about after pressing that Order button!

Anyone received their model Y? The sales guy at the Oakville store said they seem to be coming out faster now.

Ordered our Model Y LDR
September 22, 2021
Deep Metalic blue
19" Gemini tires
Black interior
5 seater
Delivery date March

Umm.. not sure if I forgot anything! Thanks everyone!

My blue on white MYP shows EDD of October 11 - November 11.

Ordered Sept 20th.

Does anyone know if all the paperwork has to be completed before you're assigned a VIN? Or can that happen before you fill everything out.
When I ordered my M3 SR+ in 2019, they assigned me a VIN and then asked me to finish the paperwork ASAP. For my current MYP order, my SA said I will be given priority delivery if my paperwork is completed (but he seemed very unsure).