Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the vision agreement. My order is set to cash, but I'll be financing the car. Do you guys know if I should wait until I talk to my SA to change it Finance or can I accept the agreement and change payment later?
I called Tesla to change it to Financing. He also confirmed my car is still in Cali. I have a Feb 19-23 EDD. He said I should receive a text this week to schedule the exact date.

Also whats interesting is my car is being delivered to Lawerence East. I ordered it at Yorkdale, my SA moved to Oakville.. so not sure how this happened

white/black/no tow/20'/no fsd

I called Tesla to change it to Financing. He also confirmed my car is still in Cali. I have a Feb 19-23 EDD. He said I should receive a text this week to schedule the exact date.

Also whats interesting is my car is being delivered to Lawerence East. I ordered it at Yorkdale, my SA moved to Oakville.. so not sure how this happened

So it's fine to accept vision agreement and change payment later?

My SA was from Lawerence and now at Oakville. It's contact less pick up anyway so doesn't really matter I guess? I picked up a MY SR last March and I never met my SA in person.

Last edited:
So it's fine to accept vision agreement and change payment later?
You accept the vision agreement first and ask your SA to change the payment to Finance option. Once that's done you'll be able to enter your information (downpayment / terms / salary...etc.) and request a loan. Tesla uses 3 financial institutions and offer the best one to you. For me I got the approval within the same day (3 hours?), you then go back to the Tesla account to accept it.

Btw, I'm not sure because we're in Canada but I can only see the VIN in the MVPA / Chrome VIN finder extension.

You accept the vision agreement first and ask your SA to change the payment to Finance option. Once that's done you'll be able to enter your information (downpayment / terms / salary...etc.) and request a loan. Tesla uses 3 financial institutions and offer the best one to you. For me I got the approval within the same day (3 hours?), you then go back to the Tesla account to accept it.
Thank you!

MYPerf White/blk/tow ordered Jan 15th.
EDD Feb 28th-March 12th 🤷🏽‍♂️

We had blk/blk (my favourite for this model) but we have a blk M3 LR and wife would kill me with 2 black cars lol.

The white will balance out the incessant car washes and cleaning of the black one!

Plan to consider blacking out roofline and side mirrors to match trim. Go for the glass top look :)i

MYPerf White/blk/tow ordered Jan 15th.
EDD Feb 28th-March 12th 🤷🏽‍♂️

We had blk/blk (my favourite for this model) but we have a blk M3 LR and wife would kill me with 2 black cars lol.

The white will balance out the incessant car washes and cleaning of the black one!

Plan to consider blacking out roofline and side mirrors to match trim. Go for the glass top look :)
I like the way this looks.
do they paint it or is this some type of film/sticker ?

Hey guys…I’d usually post in the sale section but given this is a Canada Y thread…would anyone be interested in a set of 21” Uber rims/tires off a late 2021 performance Y? It has 2k driven on them only. Asking $4500. New is $6030 plus tax ($6750) at Tesla Canada shop and currently sold out.

Sorry again…didn’t know where I could reach local LR or SR Y owners. Apologize again if this list belongs elsewhere!!

Attachments

• 1936F3A7-6F11-4F1D-BC73-3C1CA8BF423E.jpeg
    1936F3A7-6F11-4F1D-BC73-3C1CA8BF423E.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 63
  • 6459E1FF-812D-4734-B89E-FDB8835514A9.png
    6459E1FF-812D-4734-B89E-FDB8835514A9.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 47
  • 0668A09A-35F1-4E0B-B318-B1D2EDA07B19.jpeg
    0668A09A-35F1-4E0B-B318-B1D2EDA07B19.jpeg
    910.3 KB · Views: 43
  • E0B0344F-D69D-4B73-A61C-4D09822E8E5B.jpeg
    E0B0344F-D69D-4B73-A61C-4D09822E8E5B.jpeg
    709.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 88E37D1C-CDBC-4F1F-9171-7B5D4A1863C1.jpeg
    88E37D1C-CDBC-4F1F-9171-7B5D4A1863C1.jpeg
    717.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 5DBBF031-084D-4324-AEAE-926C8E2D3934.png
    5DBBF031-084D-4324-AEAE-926C8E2D3934.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hey guys…I’d usually post in the sale section but given this is a Canada Y thread…would anyone be interested in a set of 21” Uber rims/tires off a late 2021 performance Y? It has 2k driven on them only. Asking $4500. New is $6030 plus tax ($6750) at Tesla Canada shop and currently sold out.

Sorry again…didn’t know where I could reach local LR or SR Y owners. Apologize again if this list belongs elsewhere!!
My apologies to the group as this was not meant to become a marketplace for tire sales but some decided to continue with subsequent posts. I wish I could delete my post and I invite the moderator to do so please so I can just post in the proper sales section.

Hey everyone! Can anyone who has picked up or is picking up a Model Y LR from the Vaughan location confirm if they got the AMD processor, new 12v battery and double pane window in the rears also?
It seems like almost all new deliveries now have the amd and 12v lithium. The only way to know for sure isn’t the location of delivery, but the VIN.

When is your delivery date? If it’a in the future, I think you can trust to a high degree that you’re fine.

It seems like almost all new deliveries now have the amd and 12v lithium. The only way to know for sure isn’t the location of delivery, but the VIN.

When is your delivery date? If it’a in the future, I think you can trust to a high degree that you’re fine.
What part of the VIN would indicate this? I just got it. My EDD is Feb 19-23 but the SA said that on his end it’s showing the 20th

I was hoping that in the Toronto Area we would be getting our cars from the Austin plant as it's much closer.

Got my VIN few hours ago
VIN 378xxx
Contacted my SA and changed payment method to financing. Was approved within 2 minutes of applying.
BMO 72 month 3.2%
Not pointing you out, but trying to help others that this was 2.85% last week for the month of Jan. Maybe $400/year. For those who haven’t done so yet, there is no harm applying early for financing to lock in the rate (rates jumped in Feb as they did in Jan) if you think you can time the 30 days to delivery. I am holding last months 96 month 3.25% and regret a little not taking the 72 month 2.85%. Come month end, if you think your car is coming the next month within 30 days, lock in the rate before they go up again the following month. You’ll save $$$ over the years you own it.