Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has the AMD chip. Not sure how to check battery or heated wipers. It has heated steering.
Apparently you can see if you have the heated wipers under the frunk cover (if you're comfortable removing the cover of course) if you don't have the 2022.4.5 update yet:

Hi everyone,
first time poster but long-time lurker here.

I am going mad with Tesla communications.
I placed an order Sept 18, 2021 and my Model Y is in Calgary at the store. Our VIN is NF370***
My original delivery date was Feb 9th, but then they called and pushed it back due to what they said was "high volumes and inspection times".
At that time we were re-scheduled to Feb 12th and it reflected on the app accordingly but nothing else changed ie. VIN was still visible etc.

Earlier this afternoon, we got a voicemail stating that they pushed back the delivery by another week. Now the delivery date is scheduled for Feb 19th and they further elaborated that there was damage to the wheel during transport and they needed this week to fix it.
However, the app did change again to reflect the new delivery date, however this time the VIN is completely gone.
Our MVPA is also nowhere to be found.
They left no call back number so going through the Telsa number we cannot get through, my wife tried the call back thing while I stayed on the line. After about two hours I gave up and of course they're now closed.

Has the disappearing VIN happened to anyone else right before delivery or should we be concerned about this (the insurance we have prepared is for that VIN)?

I just got off a 2 hour hold with the Tesla Canada sales line as well....

My order pick up has been confirmed for Feb 24th at the Lawrence location 🚀. VIN NF376xxx. The SA said after I had asked about the AMD chip:

"...I can see your vehicle was built in February, so that means your car should have the latest equipment..."
"...I've been asked this question frequently..."

I didn't want to bother drilling him for the specifics. I figure at this point, I get it or I don't get it (AMD/Li-Ion battery/heated wipers), it's fine because I'm not going to delay.

Same, going to take it regardless of the chip. But hey it's fun to do all these work / research trying to figure out what I will be getting!

Reactions: iQueue
I’ve been emailing back and forth with my SA for a few weeks now and she always answers within an hour. I asked yesterday about the AMD chip and crickets….
Same for me. No answer from my advisor and from the St-Bruno store.. NF380XXX here so I don't think I've got the new Ryzen nor the heated wipers :(

I guess no choice but to put a hold on my order.

Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
SA called me today saying that the car is at the boarder and expected to arrive Toronto tomorrow at 4PM. But there is a protest blocking the boarder and might delay the delivery. 😭
Interesting, because that SA I spoke to earlier mentioned the trucks bringing in the vehicles should be ok as there is still one line of passage for the border crossing. Not sure how he received this detail but he said it as if he was informed. 🤷‍♂️🤞

BUT….. there’s so much mixed information from everyone’s experiences with their SA that nothing can be confirmed until you actually are in front of your car.

Hi everyone,

I placed an order Sept 18, 2021 and my Model Y is in Calgary at the store. Our VIN is NF370***
My original delivery date was Feb 9th, but then they called and pushed it back due to what they said was "high volumes and inspection times".
At that time we were re-scheduled to Feb 12th and it reflected on the app accordingly but nothing else changed ie. VIN was still visible etc.

Earlier this afternoon, we got a voicemail stating that they pushed back the delivery by another week. Now the delivery date is scheduled for Feb 19th and they further elaborated that there was damage to the wheel during transport and they needed this week to fix it.
However, the app did change again to reflect the new delivery date, however this time the VIN is completely gone.
They left no call back number so going through the Telsa number we cannot get through, my wife tried the call back thing while I stayed on the line. After about two hours I gave up and of course they're now closed.

Has the disappearing VIN happened to anyone else right before delivery or should we be concerned about this (the insurance we have prepared is for that VIN)?
This experience sounds frustrating. I haven’t read about this happening to anyone else.

…and the car’s wheel was damaged during transport?!? I’d hope you just get a different car now (just not mine 😅).

Let us know if you’re able to finally get answers and if things straighten out.

Hi everyone,

Have you tried finding it in the source code on the website to see if the VIN is still there? Sometimes the VIN number appeared and disappeared on the app without warning.