Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what they did for me in my case, they lower the price of the vehicle by 1300$. Original Price when I purchased was 69900$, after drafting up my contract it was 68600$ but it still indicates that I purchased the paint for 1300$.View attachment 769349
Oh, well thats very cool of them. I wonder if they will do the same for me. My price was about the same when i ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

Had VIN F380XXX and delivery planned for February 24th. My advisor confirmed it's an Intel and no heated wipers so I asked to released the VIN + put a hold on the order.

UYuYV03.png

Reactions: curleymapper
I asked my SA he said there was no way for him to tell. Not very cool.

Did you have any issues with refusing the vin for those reasons?

No issue to refuse the VIN. The advisor told I'll get back to the end of the queue so I might have to wait a few months for a new delivery date. I wasn't that much in a hurry so I'm fine to take that risk. If my EDD is something in fall or later I guess I'll cancel and simply wait the Cybertruck next year..

I saw some posts about people releasing their VIN and getting the exact same one a few days later. For that reason I'll wait until March 1st before removing the hold on my order.

No issue to refuse the VIN. The advisor told I'll get back to the end of the queue so I might have to wait a few months for a new delivery date. I wasn't that much in a hurry so I'm fine to take that risk. If my EDD is something in fall or later I guess I'll cancel and simply wait the Cybertruck next year..

I saw some posts about people releasing their VIN and getting the exact same one a few days later. For that reason I'll wait until March 1st before removing the hold on my order.
Well thats good to know, end of the line is a hard pill to swallow, but not the end of the world.

I'm guessing you ordered before the new prices were rolled out?

OD: Sept 18
Colour Change: Oct 1
Initial EDD: Jan 23 to Feb 20
EDD changed to Feb 12 to Mar 12 on Nov 28 2021
EDD changed to Jan 22 to Feb 19 on Jan 1 2022
EDD changed to June on Jan 10 2022
EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 11 2022
EDD changed to TBD on Jan 20 2022
EDD changed to Feb 6 to Mar 6 on Jan 20 2022
EDD changed to Feb 21 to Mar 21 on Feb 7 2022
EDD changed to Feb 27 to Mar 11 on Feb 13 2022

EDD changed to Feb 27 to Mar 5 on Feb 16 2022
VIN DAY: 383 ———Feb 16 2022
Pick Up Location: Vaughan

Config: MYLR white/white 7 seat tow 19” no FSD

Well you’re in the right area for Austin supply as Elon noted. I’d say at least with August you’ll have a good idea of who is getting them well before hand so you can make an educated decision by then. Btw, I lived in Kanata and Nepean for a few years. Beautiful area. Stay safe!

Well you’re in the right area for Austin supply as Elon noted. I’d say at least with August you’ll have a good idea of who is getting them well before hand so you can make an educated decision by then. Btw, I lived in Kanata and Nepean for a few years. Beautiful area. Stay safe!
Im in Nepean, near the Queensway Carleton Hospital, and you are right , it is a beautiful area.