Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work at the former Nortel campus, grew up near Greenbank and Huntclub, small world
That campus used to be BNR (bell northern research) as a kid growing up. Used to bike through all the time.

Anyway had a PY order set for delivery this weekend but cancelled it as I’m going to wait for official 4680/cast and then order asap again. Could have placed on hold it I guess but financing was approved 6 weeks ago so only 6weeks: left before they’d have to do another application anyway. I’m hoping we start to see Austin by end of March into April.

That campus used to be BNR (bell northern research) as a kid growing up. Used to bike through all the time.

Anyway had a PY order set for delivery this weekend but cancelled it as I’m going to wait for official 4680/cast and then order asap again. Could have placed on hold it I guess but financing was approved 6 weeks ago so only 6weeks: left before they’d have to do another application anyway. I’m hoping we start to see Austin by end of March into April.
My dad used to work there at Nortel (great summer picnics when I was a kid) now DND is in there.
Fingers crossed my MYLR is born in Austin, with 4680 battery packs. My 2017 BMW X4M40I will be traded in for it. Chomping at the bit waiting...

Reactions: curleymapper
Just received a called from my SA, I was supposed to pick up my MYLR tomorrow morning at 10:00, unfortunately with the issues we are having at the border the vehicle is stuck there so it will not arrive before tomorrow night. We schedule delivery now for Saturday(since i have to work to pay it)and it will let them a bit more leeway in case of further issues. He did confirm that the Ryzen and the 12V ion battery was in the vehicle…. VIN NF371xxx
Just picked up my F371XXX - MYLR 5 seat, MSM, no hitch. No paint issues, some alignment issues I'm taking it in to service center on saturday to see if they can touch up. I'd say maybe 1-2 major (these ones I want them adjusted), a couple minor issues (these ones I dont mind if they call it within spec) - none that I would have rejected the car over. AMD chip
Let me know how yours goes!

Last edited:
Just picked up my F371XXX - MYLR 5 seat, MSM, no hitch. No paint issues, some alignment issues I'm taking it in to service center on saturday to see if they can touch up. I'd say maybe 1-2 major (these ones I want them adjusted), a couple minor issues (these ones I dont mind if they call it within spec) - none that I would have rejected the car over. AMD chip
Let me know how yours goes!
Congrats.

Generally I am not picky, but when someone (in this case the Tesla SA's) say something is "within spec" I always raise an eyebrow.

What spec? Please show me the spec? How can I measure? Is is 3mm over 1 meter or what? I'm betting they have no idea.

Anyway, enjoy the car!

Reactions: thesteve
Ordered MYLR 1/26, DDD show June 12th-July10th, started off with August initially.
This kinda stuff drives me nuts. I ordered mine in October and had August and Sept dates forever and now may 28-june 30. People ordering now seem tk be getting same dates nearly 4 months later.

I had Feb dates for a while but they bounced back to September after being there for a few weeks.

MYLR white 19 inch rims, no other options

This kinda stuff drives me nuts. I ordered mine in October and had August and Sept dates forever and now may 28-june 30. People ordering now seem tk be getting same dates nearly 4 months later.

I had Feb dates for a while but they bounced back to September after being there for a few weeks.

Chalk it up to Austin production ramping up

Reactions: nomorefuel
50A36EF5-D7DE-4115-B256-427B9B15538E.jpeg

Put the winter tires on our MYP just in time today before the snow.

Nokian Hakkapelita R3 SUV 255/45/19 TL05 as R241 was sold out.

Reactions: Rennei and iQueue
Wow those look just like the R241. What’s the diff between the two? Diff company I guess?

PS looks good!
Yes, two different brands.

I personally like Replika r241 a bit more but OEPlus TL05 was the only wheel available at the time.

I was more concerned about finding a good tire which lead me to the Nokian. Tough to find with the shortage. Excited to test them out after the dumping tonight.

Same here lol. Ordered mine back in October but my EDD is just “June”. Been like this since January.

Problem is that you have no other options on the car. They really de-prioritize those.

I had the same config as yours but with 7 seats ordered in August and I'm just getting the car next week while other friends that had larger rims and ordered the same date got their cars in December

Planning on selling our model 3 and ordering the model y. I have another car I can use while I wait.

Should I order the model y performance? Estimated delivery in April. Or the MYLR with estimated delivery in August if I order it with upgraded wheels.

Want to get the new chip and hopefully new battery pack. Getting rid of the 3 since it's a bit tight. We just had a baby a cpl months ago.

Planning on selling our model 3 and ordering the model y. I have another car I can use while I wait.

Should I order the model y performance? Estimated delivery in April. Or the MYLR with estimated delivery in August if I order it with upgraded wheels.

Want to get the new chip and hopefully new battery pack. Getting rid of the 3 since it's a bit tight. We just had a baby a cpl months ago.
If you can wait, you should wait until you know for sure that you will get a MY with a 4680 battery in it.
It could be even more wait for you since you are in the west coast.

Just picked up my car.
No issues with gaps or anything, looks great.

Vin is F383 and it has the Ryzen chip.

About 2 minutes down the road, middle of a school zone, waiting to get past it so i can feel that first pull in my long awaited electric rocket... and i get a low tire pressure warning... by the time i got back to the SC my tire was fully flat.

No first pull, it'll have to wait.

All the associates were very nice and apologetic. So now I'm waiting for the call that its all fixed.

I think its hilarious.

*sad trombone*
20220218_133137.jpg
20220218_125255.jpg

Reactions: RCR8