Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the delayed post. I’ve been enjoying my MYP!

Picked up my Red/Black MYP with NF372 VIN from Vaughan. Build quality was perfect. It came with AMD, double pane, 12v l ion battery and all seasons. The SA had no clue, but the team at the pick up location was top notch. They told me they pre inspect most of their cars. I don’t know if it’s true, but that’s what they said!

It’s too soon to tell if I got the heated blades. It only shows after the v11 software install, and for some reason, the 2022 update isn’t available until about 2-8 weeks after taking ownership. I could look deeper behind the frunk, but I’ll just wait to see.

I’ve done the basics, and went crazy testing the acceleration (amazing), autopilot (scary for now, still have trust issues), and comfort.

I opted to install MPP coilovers, and it was worth every penny. I actually raised it 10mm rather than lowering. I’ve the shop I used in Markham was amazing. PM me if you’re looking for a mechanic. Currently installing PPF.

I will probably go with smaller rims. My wife loves the look and rides great. but I personally like a raised car with a beefy tire. I often drive in more rugged terrain and snow. I plan on getting 19” wheels and 275 sized tires. I’ll probably sell my wheels and tires after I get my car back. I’m plan on asking for $3900(CAD). Looking at what the summer tires are selling for and that they are brand new, it seems fair since they’re mint and all seasons. I will probably post on marketplace or here.

In testing the range, I’m quickly realizing that the advertised range is nowhere near what real life is. Probably because you’d have to drive like a sloth to get the advertised range.

So far, loving the car, and have no regrets taking the 2170. I have been LOVING not having to spend nearly $100 for a tank of gas!
52DA6EE8-5968-419F-92A9-E8605C734392.jpeg

MYP, MSM
Ordered: Jan 29, 2022 (Vancouver, BC)
EDD: Mar 11 to Mar 31, then changed to Apr 5 to May 30, then changed back to Mar 11 to Mar 31 a few days ago

I may be trading in my old car to Tesla depending on the price they give me. My advisor told me to hold off on putting in the trade in quote because it's only valid for 30 days. Anyone know how express pickup would work with a trade in at the same time? I am not sure if there is a choice between express vs non-express pickup but it seems like everyone is getting sent to express pickup.

And do I have to prearrange insurance before the delivery date?

I also got that Homelink garage door opener thing that needs to be installed. Has anyone successful got them to install it on delivery day instead of having to go back in after? :)

And yes, I check my Tesla app way too often!

I opted to install MPP coilovers, and it was worth every penny. I actually raised it 10mm rather than lowering. I’ve the shop I used in Markham was amazing. PM me if you’re looking for a mechanic. Currently installing PPF.
Very interested to hear how different it feels with the MPP coilovers. I feel that the suspension is kind of rough (well, similar to what I'm used to driving standard cars like impreza/civic before getting the MYLR) on stock 19". Would've been nice to have a smoother ride when upgrading.

Very interested to hear how different it feels with the MPP coilovers. I feel that the suspension is kind of rough (well, similar to what I'm used to driving standard cars like impreza/civic before getting the MYLR) on stock 19". Would've been nice to have a smoother ride when upgrading.
It's expensive, don't get me wrong, but it's great! MPP was the way to go with their Canadian Roots. It was more expensive than Unplugged, but you get what you pay for! Many within this forum have reported a better experience with MPP. Öhlins/Redwood appears to be the gold standard but wayyyy to expensive for me.

MPP is good because you still feel grounded. It's not like driving on a bouncy mattress or Goku's flying nimbus 😆! What it does do is smooth out a lot of the minor road imperfections. On the MYP stock,I could feel every single imperfection on the road, this just makes it glide more until you hit a sewer, speed bump or train track, you'll still feel those.

It's worth empsaizing that this is comparing the Model Y PERFORMANCE to the coilovers, which are stiffer than the long range. So the difference was significant for me. I'd assume the difference would be less if you're running the MYLR.

My two cents. Good luck buddy.

I ordered Nov 1 (Red, 20” wheels, hitch, MYLR7) and my delivery date was saying Feb 28th to March 14th until Tesla called me yesterday. They asked if I am trading in a vehicle and they highly recommended I apply for financing now if I am financing. I’m doing a hybrid and so I decided to do it per their recommendation and was approved. The kicker is that the very next day (no joke) the delivery date in the app changed to May 10 to June 7th. 🤨😞. I called Tesla just now and they say this a quirk in the system regarding the delivery date and it should recede back.

I’m wondering what you all make of this and if this jives from your experiences when submitting the financing application.

Thanks

I ordered Nov 1 (Red, 20” wheels, hitch, MYLR7) and my delivery date was saying Feb 28th to March 14th until Tesla called me yesterday. They asked if I am trading in a vehicle and they highly recommended I apply for financing now if I am financing. I’m doing a hybrid and so I decided to do it per their recommendation and was approved. The kicker is that the very next day (no joke) the delivery date in the app changed to May 10 to June 7th. 🤨😞. I called Tesla just now and they say this a quirk in the system regarding the delivery date and it should recede back.

I’m wondering what you all make of this and if this jives from your experiences when submitting the financing application.

Thanks
Usually when the EDD tightens to two week window it is pretty close. Do you have a VIN in the source code?

Usually when the EDD tightens to two week window it is pretty close. Do you have a VIN in the source code?
Nothing in source code yet. I see you are waiting for a mylr7 as well from same area. My delivery date window was matching yours until I did financing option on the Tesla website and then it changed. You’d think they’d build ours and ship them around the same time as our order dates are similar…

It looks like the poster received the message 3 days before his scheduled Oakville pickup, so you may get something on Friday or early next week? He said this was the message:

“Due to the high volume of deliveries, each appointment will be an express pick up, sign and drive!”

That’d make me nervous as I’ve heard conflicting reports about a 24h period to report defects, etc. It doesn’t seem like there’s an official policy. Plus, you completely lose the ability to reject a VIN in a worst-case scenario with major defects or numerous “minor” ones.
I got the same message about express pickup yesterday (2 days before pickup date). Was checking my paperwork last night and noticed the total in the Purchase Agreement was $10 higher than the total if accessed via the account in the Tesla app. The difference comes from the License Fee ($159 versus $149). Emailed my SA to find out which is correct.

Hmm, my EDD just changed from generic August to "March 15 - March 31". MYLR White/White with FSD.

I didn't even bother to apply for financing yet, nor any trade-in info. No VIN either.

Should I believe that? lol.
Someone may have cancelled. Two week windows are usually a good sign that you're close to getting a VIN. Financing is done instantly so don't apply until you've got a VIN, just in case you get pushed again.

Reactions: Rennei
Someone may have cancelled. Two week windows are usually a good sign that you're close to getting a VIN. Financing is done instantly so don't apply until you've got a VIN, just in case you get pushed again.

A cancelled car worries me a bit (if that's true).

Although looks like 99% of all cars are now delivered with AMD CPU, 15v Li, etc, who knows why this car was cancelled?

I hear people "reject" their order and wait for the next opportunity. How does that work?

Thanks much!

A cancelled car worries me a bit (if that's true).

Although looks like 99% of all cars are now delivered with AMD CPU, 15v Li, etc, who knows why this car was cancelled?

I hear people "reject" their order and wait for the next opportunity. How does that work?

Thanks much!
If you end up getting a VIN (you'll know because it'll ask you to accept the Tesla Vision terms), you can ask your SA to put your order on hold. However, they've tightened up their hold policy and the longest you can hold til is 90 days after your original order date. Once you get to +90 days, the hold will automatically drop off and you'll go back into the queue.

EDIT: to add, I believe if you don't want to hold your order, you can "release" the VIN and immediately go back into the queue. However, from what I've heard you can only do that once and will be forced to accept the next VIN (or cancel your order and lose your deposit).

If you end up getting a VIN (you'll know because it'll ask you to accept the Tesla Vision terms), you can ask your SA to put your order on hold. However, they've tightened up their hold policy and the longest you can hold til is 90 days after your original order date. Once you get to +90 days, the hold will automatically drop off and you'll go back into the queue.

EDIT: to add, I believe if you don't want to hold your order, you can "release" the VIN and immediately go back into the queue. However, from what I've heard you can only do that once and will be forced to accept the next VIN (or cancel your order and lose your deposit).

Thanks for the clarifications.

So once you release a VIN, do you join at the back end of the queue or is there a separate one for those who rejected their VINs?