Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today. I knew it was already on my account but I have not received a text, not showing in app and I wanted confirmation. So I called today and lady said she was going to send a text with my VIN and delivery requirements. She also said another text will be sent to me for delivery date once the car is closer to the border. Current EDD March 11-17.
Where can you find your VIN in your account page before getting your confirmation text?

i took delivery at the Toronto shop, from what I observed, all cars with ”Ready for delivery” paper have the front mud flap and rear PPF. Hope it’s the same for other locations in Ontario

Coincidently, I just received this....

View attachment 773035

Express Pick-Up it is!
Picked up my MYP from Oakville today. VIN 382xxx confirmed to have Ryzen chip (was told Lion battery and heated wiper rest were included), but did not verify). Rear fender PPF, front mud flaps and all season tires were installed. No panel gap issues. Only one small surface scratch and a small speck where the primer showed through, which the Service tech fixed. "Express pickup" meant signing papers in your car, but no issue with waiting in the showroom lounge and getting a coffee, With the repair, the total visit was about an hour. Car is quite a bit more quieter than my 2020 MYLR.

Picked up my MYP from Oakville today. VIN 382xxx confirmed to have Ryzen chip (was told Lion battery and heated wiper rest were included), but did not verify). Rear fender PPF, front mud flaps and all season tires were installed. No panel gap issues. Only one small surface scratch and a small speck where the primer showed through, which the Service tech fixed. "Express pickup" meant signing papers in your car, but no issue with waiting in the showroom lounge and getting a coffee, With the repair, the total visit was about an hour. Car is quite a bit more quieter than my 2020 MYLR.
Congrats 👍🏽 Oakville SC are a good bunch…their service team is solid I find.
Colour? How’s the ride comfort in the new Michelins?

Congrats! Were you able to do an exterior or interior inspection before you signed everything?

Congrats! Were you able to do an exterior or interior inspection before you signed everything?
Yes, they were very relaxed about the process. I was let into the car to use as an "office" to review and sign the papers, and left alone for 10 minutes. First thing I did was to check the car had the Ryzen chip! I then checked the interior, glovebox (saw the USB drive), spent quite a bit of time on the exterior, and opened the hatch to check the charger bag had the J1772 adapter. I took pictures of the minor scratch on the door. I has lots of time! The SA then came to collect the paperwork and the keys for my trade in. After checking my trade-in, he came back for the bank draft. The last thing he did was to remove the plates from my trade-in and return them to me. Had to wait 20 minutes to fix the scratch and tiny paint chip, and was gone! I have a 2020 MYLR and the number of changes since then is quite amazing!

Reactions: StatVirus
Congrats 👍🏽 Oakville SC are a good bunch…their service team is solid I find.
Colour? How’s the ride comfort in the new Michelins?
Hi. I agree the Oakville team is excellent! Last year, they opened the service to me on a Sunday to install a new tire that was punctured on the edge of the tread (a garage had done a temporary repair). Color is midnight silver metallic. Was surprised about the ride on the Michelins as I expected it to be harsher than the stock tires on my wife's LR. Did not really notice a difference on the QEW. Car is really quiet (and quick)? Love the red calipers. I have a new set of Pirelli winters on Geminis that I will install this week. The Tesla floor mats are now back in stock and they look good (though not sure if they are better than the Tasmanians).

I picked up my Model Y LR (5 Seat/White Exterior/Black Interior/20" Induction/FSD) yesterday morning (Mar 2, 2022) from Vaughan.

VIN: F385 - Ryzen CPU, Lithium Battery, Heated Wiper Pack, Dual Pane front windows, Single Pane rear windows, PPF and mud flaps (ppf will be removed when vehicle is wrapped and will be changing the mud flaps).

It was "Express Delivery". However, we were asked if we wanted to sign documents first or inspect the vehicle first. I opted for the latter to make sure everything was good before accepting delivery. He gave us the folder with our paperwork with the keycards and told me to return the paperwork when I'm done inspecting. No panels gaps, misalignments or any issue requiring service. Paint obviously had swirls in some areas from the service reps prepping vehicle but it wasn't a concern as I was taking my vehicle to get detailed and wrapped. They didn't install the front license plate as I advised them that I was providing my own license plate bracket (Quick Bandit). They left the plate in the trunk.

After inspection, I signed the paperwork and provided the bank draft for the full amount. They then took my Model Y into service to install the HomeLink so that I didn't need to book a followup visit. I advised them of this well ahead of time so they were aware. While they took it into service, I sat inside the showroom waiting area and mounted the license plate onto the bracket. The HomeLink installation was fairly quick. Then I dropped off the Model Y just down the street to get wrapped and ceramic tinted. I should receive it sometime next week!

You have to use a desktop computer. Log in to your Tesla account. Right click on the page and click on page source. Then control find: VIN. Then search the results. It will be pretty obvious when you see it.
You could use a mobile device by saving this as a bookmark (site won’t let me paste this code so combine “javascript”, “:”, and the following into one string
(function()%7Bvar%20a=window.open('about:blank').document;a.write('%3C!DOCTYPE%20html%3E%3Chtml%3E%3Chead%3E%3Ctitle%3ESource%20of%20'+location.href+'%3C/title%3E%3Cmeta%20name=%22viewport%22%20content=%22width=device-width%22%20/%3E%3C/head%3E%3Cbody%3E%3C/body%3E%3C/html%3E');a.close();var%20b=a.body.appendChild(a.createElement('pre'));b.style.overflow='auto';b.style.whiteSpace='pre-wrap';b.appendChild(a.createTextNode(document.documentElement.innerHTML))%7D)();

Reactions: Fhem
I picked up my Model Y LR (5 Seat/White Exterior/Black Interior/20" Induction/FSD) yesterday morning (Mar 2, 2022) from Vaughan.

VIN: F385 - Ryzen CPU, Lithium Battery, Heated Wiper Pack, Dual Pane front windows, Single Pane rear windows, PPF and mud flaps (ppf will be removed when vehicle is wrapped and will be changing the mud flaps).

It was "Express Delivery". However, we were asked if we wanted to sign documents first or inspect the vehicle first. I opted for the latter to make sure everything was good before accepting delivery. He gave us the folder with our paperwork with the keycards and told me to return the paperwork when I'm done inspecting. No panels gaps, misalignments or any issue requiring service. Paint obviously had swirls in some areas from the service reps prepping vehicle but it wasn't a concern as I was taking my vehicle to get detailed and wrapped. They didn't install the front license plate as I advised them that I was providing my own license plate bracket (Quick Bandit). They left the plate in the trunk.

After inspection, I signed the paperwork and provided the bank draft for the full amount. They then took my Model Y into service to install the HomeLink so that I didn't need to book a followup visit. I advised them of this well ahead of time so they were aware. While they took it into service, I sat inside the showroom waiting area and mounted the license plate onto the bracket. The HomeLink installation was fairly quick. Then I dropped off the Model Y just down the street to get wrapped and ceramic tinted. I should receive it sometime next week!
Congrats! Smart thinking with the license plate bracket request to not be mounted. I also ordered a quick bandit bracket, just waiting for it to arrive next week. I had dropped off the MY to get PPF and ceramic coat a few hours after delivery as well. They removed the OE license plate bracket at that time and I’ve just left it off since taking it back beginning of this week.

Have a blue/blk/tow MYP that was set for delivery any day at Vaughan. Had it held today for a few weeks and will keep holding until 4680 or mid May when I can no longer hold.

92310627-25FA-4072-9911-CEE3B93CDC84.jpeg

After researching on what Tesla I will get, I settled for Model Y, 19” (more comfortable ride, longer range), white but with structural battery packs. I do not need it anytime soon. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like I can order now and I can just keep putting it on hold until perhaps I am certain the model I will get will be coming from Texas? Am I correct? Thanks (Alberta here)

Oh…so an original order is 5/6 weeks but a hold could last 3 months? Wouldn’t it make more sense to simply re- order a new one for $250 if one didn’t want to wait that long?

My order is before the last price increase so re-ordering would cost me ~1500$.

But seems all that discussion is now pointless as I just got a new EDD of March 18-30! No VIN yet though.

Reactions: Destiny1701