Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does tow addition change EDD? I have tow in my order and fear changing it since I don’t want to lose my original October 5 price…
I notice on LR config if you have 19" Gemini wheels you get Dec EDD. But if you add the tow option you are moved up to Sep EDD.
But it does not do that for any other option.
Regardless, my guess is it should improve your EDD since options give more margins for Tesla.

I notice on LR config if you have 19" Gemini wheels you get Dec EDD. But if you add the tow option you are moved up to Sep EDD.
But it does not do that for any other option.
Regardless, my guess is it should improve your EDD since options give more margins for Tesla.
Be careful though as any changes to config will likely adjust price to new. One can always add the tow at the SC after and not risk a crazy price hike.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation.

I'm in Vancouver awaiting the delivery of a MYP.
  • Mar 15: EDD narrowed down to Mar 17-23
  • Mar 16: Received an email asking to book a delivery between Mar 18-20
Called SA to get the VIN since the account page still only shows the RN (tried checking the page source as well)
Was told that because the vehicle is still in transit and hasn't been inspected post arrival they are not able to provide me with a VIN.

When I mentioned that I need the VIN to arrange the insurance and book the delivery, which could be as early as Mar 18th, I was told that I should still book an appointment but I may need to rebook it if the VIN doesn't show up in time for pick up on the 18th.

Has anyone else gone through this? i.e. asked to book a pick up in 2 days but still no VIN

Sorry but what's MVPA?
Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. If you’ve been assigned a vehicle for delivery it should be on your Tesla account. Use the website not the app. Should be listed near the bottom

Here’s an example under documents:
DD3E576D-D5F1-471E-880B-DC4356EE53F8.jpeg

Quick update

I went ahead with booking a pick-up appointment for the 18th and sure enough it triggered the VIN to appear on my account page.
Thanks for the heads up about the MVPA, just looked at it and the VIN also appears in there.

Once I managed to get the VIN I called Tesla to confirm Ryzen etc. The SA was pretty clueless and proceeded to tell me that she doesn't have the ability to look that up. She then put me on hold and when she came back tried to tell me that only the M3 has the new battery and that MY won't have the new battery until Texas comes online....I was pretty confused since I was asking about the chip and the 12V battery, not the 4680. She eventually put me on hold again to consult with someone else and came back to confirm that it comes with the Ryzen chip.

Somewhat of a painful process but overall happy and looking forward to Friday!

Reactions: Destiny1701
Odd. But likely as Canada seems to get the stuff US buyers reject and the they assign them here. I’ve tracked this for a bit now and we seek to be behind in VIN’s to our south neighbours. Not always but it’s noticeable.

Odd. But likely as Canada seems to get the stuff US buyers reject and the they assign them here. I’ve tracked this for a bit now and we seek to be behind in VIN’s to our south neighbours. Not always but it’s noticeable.
Hopefully we don't get the rejects .. but I assume the SA can answer whether a VIN has been previously rejected. UPDATE: And within the last 30 minutes my EDD has moved from 3/27-3/30 to 3/24-3/30.

Oh no.... That sucks... Hopefully they move it back. This happened to me as well in the beginning but my EDD is now better than it was originally.

OEDD: June 2022
First change: Nov 2022
Second change: Apr 21- May 19
Third change: May 16 - June 15
Current EDD: May 5 -June 2

The changes always happen around the same time the rumoured Austin opening dates change. LOL.

And now it's May 27 - July 8? So I guess it's back to where it was, sort of. Such an emotional roller coaster this process is.

I finally got a delivery date! My Timelines below:

OOD for MYLR: Jan.7th
OEDD: July
EDD revised: September
OD revised to MYP: Mar.14
DD: Mar.22

My Vin is F398xxx. Hope to have the new Ryzen chip. SA advised it comes with all season tires (I asked since its still winter).
Congrats man. Wife is picking our MYLR on saturday. F394 VIN. waiting to confirm the new chip and 12v. Will post up when I have confirmation.