Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered My MYLR Red/Blk/20” Nov 5 and have EDD May 8-12… hoping it’s real - I just had it update from April 24-30… sigh…
That’s my edd Pretty much as well. I’m red and 20” black rims, 7 passenger though w/tow hitch. I’ll download FSD when the vehicle arrives. That will be a big tap in the app for sure, as well as also going to tap for the boost upgrade. Don’t want to mess with adding FSD now, as I’m close I think in getting the vehicle.

I know there is a lot of chatter saying the performance model gets quicker deliveries due to it being more expensive, hence more margin. but when you build up mine with a 7 passenger in long range, red etc, it is kind of close to the performance version . So if it’s price that is a motivator, then they would have built mine quicker? Adding 7 pass option is like 4K right there. ordered Nov 1 basically.

Can’t wait to get it. Tired of seeing all the other ones driving around me, while I wait for mine.

MYP blue/blk/tow..OD Feb 19th, original EDD March 23rd. Put on hold March 16th to wait for 4680 news.
Released hold Apr 7th (no 4680)
New EDD was Apr 20-May 6th…now May 15-June 6th.

Wish we hadn’t pushed original date!

So now as I get closer I find myself wondering what other options there instead of an 87k beast? Even a used gas car ie. Macan, Lexus RX, XC90 etc. we have a 22’ M3 LR and it’s amazing. I just find myself missing some fit and finish at times. Someone knock me in the head please. It’s just 87k or 100k tax in seems like alot for a Y. Have to run the gas numbers again 😂 on say a 50-55k buy.

MYP blue/blk/tow..OD Feb 19th, original EDD March 23rd. Put on hold March 16th to wait for 4680 news.
Released hold Apr 7th (no 4680)
New EDD was Apr 20-May 6th…now May 15-June 6th.

Wish we hadn’t pushed original date!

So now as I get closer I find myself wondering what other options there instead of an 87k beast? Even a used gas car ie. Macan, Lexus RX, XC90 etc. we have a 22’ M3 LR and it’s amazing. I just find myself missing some fit and finish at times. Someone knock me in the head please. It’s just 87k or 100k tax in seems like alot for a Y. Have to run the gas numbers again 😂 on say a 50-55k buy.
I thought about this as well long and hard and I still do.
But once that delivery date comes and I drive the MYP off the lot, I will know the wait was 100% worth it.

Your EDD is relatively narrower. Hope you get vinned in next few days.

Last edited:
I thought about this as well long and hard and I still do.
But once that delivery date comes and I drive the MYP off the lot, I will know the wait was 100% worth it.

Your EDD is relatively narrower. Hope you get vinned in next few days.
Hope so too!

Sometimes I see a for example a 2019 XC90 Rdesign, 40k Milaege, fully loaded…pano sunroof (which we always enjoy due to sunlight), 350hp polestar supercharged, 18 speaker system, built in auto hiding hitch, 7 pass, sport and bolster seats, full touchscreen with rear cross traffic, 360 birds, Volvos autopilot etc..for 52-55k. Lots of space and warranty. 22” performance wheels and winter sets all incl. Gas would be $130 to fill every 2 weeks as we drive around 1000-1100km/month on each car. So $260 gas given $1.80-$2/litre.
Payment on the Volvo would be around $700.
So add in gas and $960 monthly.

I always remind myself of the all in price of a Y being $950 or so incl gas, no maint etc. but then I also know then when I spin it whichever way..it’s a 100k debt obligation…not 60k. That payment is over 8 years! Can’t imagine still paying this 5 yrs in or worst 6-7 yrs old Tesla and still paying. I’d likely pay it off a lot sooner but still.

I can handle it financially or never would have ordered but one does wonder…is this really worth 100k??

Hope so too!

Sometimes I see a for example a 2019 XC90 Rdesign, 40k Milaege, fully loaded…pano sunroof (which we always enjoy due to sunlight), 350hp polestar supercharged, 18 speaker system, built in auto hiding hitch, 7 pass, sport and bolster seats, full touchscreen with rear cross traffic, 360 birds, Volvos autopilot etc..for 52-55k. Lots of space and warranty. 22” performance wheels and winter sets all incl. Gas would be $130 to fill every 2 weeks as we drive around 1000-1100km/month on each car. So $260 gas given $1.80-$2/litre.
Payment on the Volvo would be around $700.
So add in gas and $960 monthly.

I always remind myself of the all in price of a Y being $950 or so incl gas, no maint etc. but then I also know then when I spin it whichever way..it’s a 100k debt obligation…not 60k. That payment is over 8 years! Can’t imagine still paying this 5 yrs in or worst 6-7 yrs old Tesla and still paying. I’d likely pay it off a lot sooner but still.

I can handle it financially or never would have ordered but one does wonder…is this really worth 100k??
I know what you're saying. I definitely think it's not worth 100k, not even 80k. If there's a cheaper available RV right now I'd likely opt for it

Reactions: Destiny1701
I've never owned a Volvo in my life so I can't really speak for it but..

I did have a 2014 CLA250 which we just sold. Gas price was one thing but if I look back all the maintenance that this required..
Oil changes, brakes + rotors (3 total in its life, should be less with Tesla), brake fluid change, transmission fluid flush, rear diff oil flush, coolant flush (do Teslas have them?), random Engine codes required intake valve change ($1300 total dmg), another pressure valve failure ($500), spark plugs change etc etc.

All that set me back close to $10k, spread that on 8 years of ownership it's about $1300 spent every year.
Not only that, the amount of time I spent without the car or visiting the shop...
I would think a Tesla will be well worth it in longer term.

I still have a 2017 GLA45 which consumes premium gas like there is no tomorrow, that I want to get rid of asap. It may not be another Tesla but it will definitely be another EV.

I know what you're saying. I definitely think it's not worth 100k, not even 80k. If there's a cheaper available RV right now I'd likely opt for it
And there the problem…there is nothing decent available currently except used. I’m not into buying a 75k gas SUV only to invite more cash outlay and maintenance then the MYP i ordered. But at 50-55k a low mileage luxury SUV, I do occasionally pause.

In the end I’ll probably accept the MYP lol. I already purchased 295/35/21 rears and will put the 275’s on the front rims. Don’t like the stretched look. We are no stranger to Tesla as we’ve had a few MS in the family since early 2016. Sadly no more S. Plan was to get a 3Y in exchange . The new 22’ M3 LR/boost we have is an awesome daily driver toy for sure.

But now that prices have gone ballistic, starting to think about what we truly need in a family boat/suv as a second vehicle. M3 would be driven 75% of the time.

That’s three of us with essentially the same OD and same EDDs. Let’s hope it’s real..!

MYP order just moved from May 27-Jul 1 to May 30 - Jun 27 EDD
Sorta narrowed? Lol
My order was MYLR, MSM, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD, ODD Oct 15, 2021. Yesteraday EDD was July 25-Sept 5, 2022. This am, just received email Tesla to have my payment ready, and the delivery is set to be Apr 29-May 3. I do not expect this change at all in such a quick pace.