Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, pretty identical! Edd still the same. I think it may not do anything (adding FSD to build)because it’s pretty darn close to production anyway…one thing I thought, is I am not sure if that 10,600 sticks around after your vehicle gets a vin or gets delivered if you know what I mean.
I'm guessing that you have not been magically moved to the front of the line/VINed yet?

I was hoping I would see you post that you got a VIN the day after adding FSD lol.

Still debating adding FSD anyway.

Ah well.

I'm guessing that you have not been magically moved to the front of the line/VINed yet?

I was hoping I would see you post that you got a VIN the day after adding FSD lol.

Still debating adding FSD anyway.

Ah well.
Hey @Stirfry , no change yet. I read another good point adding FSD on the build sheet and not after, if your car is totalled, the insurance company will include the FSD in the replacement cost, whereas after it may not be considered.

@Destiny1701
I, for one, would like to have the newest one, but that S aint bad. Your needs should dictate the outcome. I have 2 dogs, I would get the X, but I can't afford it, so I have to settle fo the Y. Brand new batteries as opposed to 5 years old already? You know, 2026 will come in no time and once the car is out of warranty, it will be a tougher resell compared to a 5 years old Y.
Do you think you'll run the 2.3s at all stop lights? Might as well get the YP or the Y with the booster.
Take into account the 3k for the screen upgrade, the battery degradation already in place. I mean, it is not a 2011 Corolla, this thing will be close to 100k once it is all said and done.
Curious to what you end up choosing.

@Destiny1701
I, for one, would like to have the newest one, but that S aint bad. Your needs should dictate the outcome. I have 2 dogs, I would get the X, but I can't afford it, so I have to settle fo the Y. Brand new batteries as opposed to 5 years old already? You know, 2026 will come in no time and once the car is out of warranty, it will be a tougher resell compared to a 5 years old Y.
Do you think you'll run the 2.3s at all stop lights? Might as well get the YP or the Y with the booster.
Take into account the 3k for the screen upgrade, the battery degradation already in place. I mean, it is not a 2011 Corolla, this thing will be close to 100k once it is all said and done.
Curious to what you end up choosing.
Oh I agree. The new MS LR I had on order pre pre price and increase, but opted instead for the MYP for larger rear seating space, reclining seats, tow hitch and better visibility…not to mention fantastic resale value. Those points haven’t changed, it’s just we have the M3LR now and it’s literally an identical interior.

For the S P100D, The cost in this case with MCU2, chrome delete, window tint etc would be the same as the MYP we have coming in 9-10 days.. tax in.

You make a great point about depreciation and relative value in 4-5 yrs. The S won’t hold nearly as well as the Y will. I usually don’t keep teslas outside of warranty tbh. But the S will be 9-10 yrs old and already outdated interior, battery tech, charging speed, motors, AP functions etc. However we do miss the pano sunroof, auto door handles, full 17” usable screen rather than 9” and a 6” display of my car as a video game car between road lines lol, smoother ride.

Decided IF in the coming days, the Y shifts one more time into July Etc, I’ll get the S. Once Y eventually comes I can flip it or sell the S. Both would be on corp so hst collected back anyway. 🤷🏽‍♂️ If MYP holds steady, will take it.

Reactions: saf007
Hey @Stirfry , no change yet. I read another good point adding FSD on the build sheet and not after, if your car is totalled, the insurance company will include the FSD in the replacement cost, whereas after it may not be considered.
from my experience then insurance would be the "ONLY" party to actually value FSD in a reciprocator transaction compared to Tesla trade in or wholesale or private party sales.

My EDD just updated.
Narrower window now Jun 4 ~ Jun 18

Please be here before my rate expires.
That’s all im hoping for too. I still have 3.2% locked in and its been 62 days since I accepted the terms. So Im guessing I’ve got a 90 day loan offer with 28 days left on it and it’ll be down to the wire with my existing edd of May 30 - June 13. If it pushes one more time im looking at 1000’s more in interest for being patient. Id have just taken the loan and started paying it in March when I accepted the terms if I could.