Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order MYP on March 12, 2022 at Lawrence location. Got the 4 day window last Friday and found VIN F450xxx in source code, June 4 - June 7. I didn't get any text messages as of now. Hopefully it is coming so I can book the appointment.
congrats! what was your order config?
I'm also Lawrence pick up and was originally June 4-June 18 window but now it's at June 7-21 for so hoping that stays true

Also based on my experience, my delivery window was exactly like yours. My two week window moved back once. So I'm sure you will get a 4 day window soon. When that day comes, go to source code and find 7SAY.

I'm eagerly waiting for a text and the official VIN. My VIN hasn't appeared in my account yet.

Brought it home, no issues at all. Thanks everyone for their inputs and support😁👍
A9E81DD8-9BA0-49C7-B4A0-BADAE68CF635.jpeg
4491D73D-E9C3-4532-AC4D-ADDBA56B66AF.jpeg

Success. Picked up my car today at Great Northern Way location.
2022 Black/Black Y, LR Dual Motor, 5 Seater, 20" Induction Wheels, No tow, No FSD. VIN F444xxx.
Ordered the Y in May 2019. Bought a 3 LR Dual Motor in Sept 2019 ordering online and picking up overnight (total luck). Ordered a Cybertruck late 2021.

Completed Y's delivery date / pick up location in Dec 2021.
Declined Tesla's low ball trade in offer for the 3.
Like so many others, delivery date changed about 8+ times since Dec 2021.
In the months of Jan 2022 to May 2022 :
- Hit my 2 week window 2 times and it still got pushed back.
- Hit my delivery week and was in deep 2 days and it got pushed back again.
- Hit my delivery DAY and was called 3 hours before pick up time and got pushed back 3 days
- Today, it finally went through. 2 Tesla employees, 4 insurance staff, not rushed at all. Was told to take all the time I needed. I didn't check the car much at all. Spent 3 mins walking around the car several times. Opened all the doors, the truck, and the frunk. Frunk is super hard to close compared to my 3 (not sure if defective). Made sure no seat tears. Driver side window is much thicker then the 3 as I tend to shut the door by pushing the window. Still took an hour. 3 Y's on the lot when I arrived, looked to be all the same configuration as mine. 2 other deliveries started after me and finished before me. My insurance took much longer than the other 2 (see reason below).

Came with home charger in the truck. Came with 2 USB-C ports. Wireless charging pad is working. BONUS : I got 1 year trial of Premium Connectivity (received email), I was expecting 1 month free only.
What I can't tell is what type of headlight and if it has the newest type of lithium battery.

Got an excellent on-site insurance agent, who explained 3rd party replacement cost insurance to me. I ended up buying 2 years for $1028.
2 yrs/$1028.......3 yrs/$1445..........4 yrs/$1962..........5 yrs/$2565

The reason I bought it was because of not only the replacement cost benefits, it had the following benefits below :
1. 3rd party insurer reimburses (by sending a cheque) both my collision and glass break deductibles, up to $500 per incident, unlimited incidents up to the 2 years. Since I had multiple windshield cracks on my 3, this feature alone may pay for the $1028 for itself.
2. Because 3rd party insurance reimburses $500 deductible per incident. This allowed the insurance agent to recommend me to buy the "cheaper" ICBC insurance ($500 ICBC deductible instead of $300 ICBC deductbile). This saved me $165 per year, so 2 years savings is $330. I took this $330 savings in consideration when buying the 2 year $1028 replacement insurance. I am at the maximum driver insurance discount rate.
3. The replacement insurance itself now seemed like a no brainer steal which would replace my Y (valued at $103,000 after tax with Acceleration Boost). My math rationale was
$1028
- $300 (glass deductible at standard insurance, and because I assume I will have one glass break in 2 years)
- $330 in ICBC "cheaper" insurance with higher deductible
= $398 for the 2 year replacement insurance giving peace of mind to replace a $100K car if something bad were to happen.

I drove the car for about 30 minutes (not enough time for auto pilot to complete calibration) and the interior feels "cheaper" than the 3. The window control and the door opening buttons feel and look like cheap plastic. No high gloss finished like the 3. The door open button looks like the logo is going to fade off over time. Exterior door handles feel less sturdy and cheaper too compared to the 3.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting. Gonna move on to other Y forum sub-groups now.

Last edited:
2022 Black/Black Y, LR Dual Motor, 5 Seater, 20" Induction Wheels, No tow, No FSD. VIN F444xxx.
Ordered the Y in May 2019. Bought a 3 LR Dual Motor in Sept 2019 ordering online and picking up overnight (total luck). Ordered a Cybertruck late 2021.

- Hit my delivery DAY and was called 3 hours before pick up time and got pushed back 3 days
- Today, it finally went through. 2 Tesla employees, 4 insurance staff, not rushed at all. Was told to take all the time I needed. I didn't check the car much at all. Spent 3 mins walking around the car several times. Opened all the doors, the truck, and the frunk. Frunk is super hard to close compared to my 3 (not sure if defective). Made sure no seat tears. Driver side window is much thicker then the 3 as I tend to shut the door by pushing the window. Still took an hour. 3 Y's on the lot when I arrived, looked to be all the same configuration as mine. 2 other deliveries started after me and finished before me. My insurance took much longer than the other 2 (see reason below).

Came with home charger in the truck. Came with 2 USB-C ports. Wireless charging pad is working. BONUS : I got 1 year trial of Premium Connectivity (received email), I was expecting 1 month free only.
What I can't tell is what type of headlight and if it has the newest type of lithium battery.

Got an excellent on-site insurance agent, who explained 3rd party replacement cost insurance to me. I ended up buying 2 years for $1028.

The reason I bought it was because of not only the replacement cost benefits, it had the following benefits below :
1. 3rd party insurer reimburses (by sending a cheque) both my collision and glass break deductibles, up to $500 per incident, unlimited incidents up to the 2 years. Since I had multiple windshield cracks on my 3, this feature alone may pay for the $1028 for itself.
2. Because 3rd party insurance reimburses $500 deductible per incident. This allowed the insurance agent to recommend me to buy the "cheaper" ICBC insurance ($500 ICBC deductible instead of $300 ICBC deductbile). This saved me $165 per year, so 2 years savings is $330. I took this $330 savings in consideration when buying the 2 year $1028 replacement insurance. I am at the maximum driver insurance discount rate.
3. The replacement insurance itself now seemed like a no brainer steal which would replace my Y (valued at $103,000 after tax with Acceleration Boost). My math rationale was
$1028
- $300 (glass deductible at standard insurance, and because I assume I will have one glass break in 2 years)
= $398 for the 2 year replacement insurance giving peace of mind to replace a $100K car if something bad were to happen.

I drove the car for about 30 minutes (not enough time for auto pilot to complete calibration) and the interior feels "cheaper" than the 3. The window control and the door opening buttons feel and look like cheap plastic. No high gloss finished like the 3. The door open button looks like the logo is going to fade off over time. Exterior door handles feel less sturdy and cheaper too compared to the 3.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting. Gonna move on to other Y forum sub-groups now.
Thanks for the detailed delivery story, I was there at 10 am and had very similar experience to yours, ended up to get the extra ensure fro 5 years. However I don’t have another Tesla to compare the interior finishing quality. Best of luck, I too will be moving on to another sub-group in the forum. Cheers

Reactions: Larry Healey
...the interior feels "cheaper" than the 3. The window control and the door opening buttons feel and look like cheap plastic. No high gloss finished like the 3. The door open button looks like the logo is going to fade off over time. Exterior door handles feel less sturdy and cheaper too compared to the 3.
Well, this certainly seems to be subjective. While my experience in a Tesla has been limited to a couple of test drives of the Model 3 and Y, high gloss piano black buttons are not "high quality", in my opinion. I am thrilled that they removed all of it. The marking coming off of the door open buttons is a concern... It will inevitably lead to more passengers using the manual release (unless the vehicle is on fire, apparently).

Well, this certainly seems to be subjective. While my experience in a Tesla has been limited to a couple of test drives of the Model 3 and Y, high gloss piano black buttons are not "high quality", in my opinion. I am thrilled that they removed all of it. The marking coming off of the door open buttons is a concern... It will inevitably lead to more passengers using the manual release (unless the vehicle is on fire, apparently).
Agreed. I find gloss black trim and buttons now the hallmark of the latest lower priced cars ie. Hyundai’s , Honda civics, Mazda 3’s, Kia’s etc etc

No disrespect to any owners or above cars lol.

I’m glad Tesla moved away from the gloss. Also harder to maintain clean with smudge marks.

Reactions: merch

$1028

Congrats...I will have to seriously consider that type of 3rd part insurance when I get my Y.

I also should be at max ICBC discount. If you don't mind sharing, how much was your total insurance cost for the Y? Did you use ICBC for all the insurance other than the 3rd party replacement or did you get base ICBC and use another insurer for extended liability etc.

Exact config as mine but you have FSD checked off.
Also your OD is just a day prior to mine.
No matter what Tesla say, they do give priorities to FSD orders.

I am sitting on 2 weeks window but no VIN in sight yet.

Yea I do agree. It does look like Tesla prioritizes FSD orders.

Your next phase will be a 4 day window and that's where you will find your VIN in source code.

I texted Tesla yesterday regarding my EDD and provided them the VIN. They got right back to me and said I should be expecting a text message for booking an appointment in a few days.

$1028

Just wondering. I don't necessarily have to have the insurance on hand when I go pick up the car? There will be an insurance agent(s) will be on site and I can sign with them on the spot?