Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aw man. I hope my June 4th appt doesn’t change!
Tesla SA is not very forthcoming with delivery times. Quebec SA told me the car was in Kitchener on May 19, someone confirmed it's there. May 24 they say transport won't reach Kitchener till Saturday, so delivery is delayed until Sunday, May 29. So I know there was some damage to the car which they needed time to rectify, so why not tell the truth

EDD changed again to May 19-23. It just keeps moving every week UGH!!
My EDD has moved again. More updates on this process.

To recap.
Received VIN mid April - EDD April 24-28
EDD changed to April 30th- May4th
EDD changed to May 9-13
EDD changed to May 16-20
EDD changed to May 19-23
EDD changed to May 26-30
EDD changed to Aug- Sept - hope this is a glitch.

As you can see it’s moving weekly. Process is painful.

Has your vin shown up on the order yet?
Nope. Just internal from oakville SC. Still an RN showing.
88C12209-AC3B-4A13-BBFF-C21E0FD8DDD4.jpeg

You got a VIN at least so that's reassuring! Have you tried contacting your SA on this? Could just be delays transporting it in from the factory or awaiting parts to finish off at the dealership
I ordered online so I've only got a faceless number that I text sometimes. I'll send a message asking for more info. I've been hesitant because I didn't want them to get pissed I saw the vin in the source code and then they flip it to someone else. I know that sounds crazy but its pins and needles with this process and I'm like "anything to just get a car for the summer" - worst nightmare is this thing just pushes out months and months like the LR and it shows up just in time for snow and I don't even get to enjoy it until next year.

Thanks. There was a small cancellation fee of $280 with TD to move to CAA. I will wait for my home insurance renewal date before moving over to avoid home cancellation fee. Bank draft and insurance all ready to go for Tesla to delay Saurday's pick up. :p
Just to add to the comments about delays for delivery day. As expected, my delivery date for Saturday has been postponed to Tuesday. SA says that the eta for arrival at the SC is Sunday and she will reach out if it comes earlier. I should have known not to make weekend plans with the new car. I should know better that you shouldnt get your hopes up until you actually get the car... gotta call TD to extend my cancellation for insurance... sigh..

I ordered online so I've only got a faceless number that I text sometimes. I'll send a message asking for more info. I've been hesitant because I didn't want them to get pissed I saw the vin in the source code and then they flip it to someone else. I know that sounds crazy but its pins and needles with this process and I'm like "anything to just get a car for the summer" - worst nightmare is this thing just pushes out months and months like the LR and it shows up just in time for snow and I don't even get to enjoy it until next year.
i found my VIN in the source code last Friday and texted the SA that I found it in the source code and if they can provide me any info on the car. They emailed me a link to schedule a delivery appointment which I have for Jun 2nd. The VIN just appeared today in the APP but on the site, I still see the RN number.

Reactions: Destiny1701
My EDD has moved again. More updates on this process.

To recap.
Received VIN mid April - EDD April 24-28
EDD changed to April 30th- May4th
EDD changed to May 9-13
EDD changed to May 16-20
EDD changed to May 19-23
EDD changed to May 26-30
EDD changed to Aug- Sept - hope this is a glitch.

As you can see it’s moving weekly. Process is painful.
VIN still in your account?

Do you know who the provider is for this 3rd party replcement cost insurance? the plan sounds too good to be true lol
Vehicle Replacement Policy is from Armis Insurance Solutions Ltd. The header "Vehicles must have <25,000 Kms" means you can still buy this replacement insurance on "demo" cars sold at the dealer, as long as it has under 25,000 Kms when the car is sold to you.

TeslaReplacementInsurance.jpg

Congrats...I will have to seriously consider that type of 3rd part insurance when I get my Y.

I also should be at max ICBC discount. If you don't mind sharing, how much was your total insurance cost for the Y? Did you use ICBC for all the insurance other than the 3rd party replacement or did you get base ICBC and use another insurer for extended liability etc.
Thanks, just finished my 1st full day of 100 km+ driving to/from work.
Insurance Breakdown :
$867 Basic driving more than 15 Km to work
$60 for $3 million 3rd party liability
$901 for $500 collision deductible
$226 for $500 comprehensive deductible
$48 for Roadside Plus
$2,102 + $84 Annual License Fee ?!?!?! + $18 Registration Fee + $18 New Plate Fee
= $2,222
+ $1,028 for 2 Year Replacement insurance (separate charge not ICBC).

All the comments made on other sub-forums on the handling difference between the 3 and Y are true :( Also, found 1 smudge/scratch on front windshield right in my direct sight line, Another scratch on roof glass. And it looks like I am experiencing the dreaded high pitch whining noise when stepping on go pedal at 5-10 km/hr in parkade. Already reported to Tesla when they called today to follow up on how I liked the car so far. They asked for pictures and sound bites.