Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today at 10:00 AM I picked up MYLR BLUE, OD 11/14
First EDD June
Second July
Third March 13 - Apr 10
Fourth April 21- May 19
Fifth May 11 - June 08 ( This EDD stayed for 3 months)
Sixth July 12 - Aug 16 (this EDD stayed for 16 hours)
7th May 26 to May 30
Finally picked up on May 28 from Vaughan Location.

There were approximately 50 new model Y parked, and aprox half were ready for delivery.

Ugh!

No, nothing :(

Maybe there is a second red one on the truck next to yours? haha

Happy for you though: did you get a VIN yet (I may have missed that)
Yep I got the vin in the source code at the exact same time my edd went to a 4 day window. Use 7SAY as the search. Maybe add FSD and see what happens? Good luck and keep me in the loop.

Reactions: Stirfry
Tesla.jpg

Smooth delivery in Calgary. No issues including no major panel gaps (had a few on my 2020 Y). Charger and a year of premium connectivity included.

First impression is that the ride was smoother and quieter than my 2020 Y, and somehow the seat feels more comfortable too. However, the interior materials do feel slightly cheaper overall than on the 2020 (even though the piano glass on 2020 was a dust magnet). But it's basically the same great car and happy to have finally received it.

Delivery guy said they were delivering 21 new vehicles to happy people in Calgary today, and that they have been averaging a truckload of new vehicles arriving everyday. Hopefully that bodes well for everyone else waiting in Alberta. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

I have a quick question. If I add FSD today, would I get an earlier delivery date?

And if I change my mind about FSD and try to remove it before delivery, is this possible for Canadian orders? Any penalty or negative impact to my EDD? - thx in advance for your response!

I have a quick question. If I add FSD today, would I get an earlier delivery date?

And if I change my mind about FSD and try to remove it before delivery, is this possible for Canadian orders? Any penalty or negative impact to my EDD? - thx in advance for your response!

This is my experience with my wife's car. From the day I purchased the MYLR, the EDD stayed in September and never changed. My wife's current car lease expires in October so the EDD should be good but I have read that many have been waiting for a while. I read somewhere that many in the States decided to opt for FSD and they were able to get the car way sooner than waiting for 5-6+ months. It was roughly three weeks ago I decided to get FSD in my account. The price for FSD was $10,600 so it wasn't the new price. As soon as I did that, my EDD went from September to November 2022 to February 2023. My wife wasn't happy at all, lol. On Friday, I checked and all of sudden the EDD went to June 10 - June 20. The VIN showed up in the source code. Now it looks like I'm more likely going to pay an early penalty fee on my wife's existing car to bring it back.

I'm not saying you should get FSD. Just sharing my experience.

Took delivery of MYLR in Oakville two weeks ago after waiting for the charging part for two weeks. Discovered that the premium streaming radio service wasn’t working because the TuneIn app thought the car was in the United States. Tried rebooting with no effect. Booked a service appointment and found out that the car has a US sim card. It’s an eSIM but according to the service agent, Tesla is waiting for a new supply of Canadian eSIM numbers. So, it will be fixed over the air at some point, without notification. I should just keep trying the service to see if it is suddenly working. So far it’s not.

How can there be a lack of supply of an electronic code? I wonder if Tesla is in negotiations with cell providers in Canada.

Took delivery of MYLR in Oakville two weeks ago after waiting for the charging part for two weeks. Discovered that the premium streaming radio service wasn’t working because the TuneIn app thought the car was in the United States. Tried rebooting with no effect. Booked a service appointment and found out that the car has a US sim card. It’s an eSIM but according to the service agent, Tesla is waiting for a new supply of Canadian eSIM numbers. So, it will be fixed over the air at some point, without notification. I should just keep trying the service to see if it is suddenly working. So far it’s not.

How can there be a lack of supply of an electronic code? I wonder if Tesla is in negotiations with cell providers in Canada.
Good to know. So city news /aka Fm version of 680 won’t work then. We use tune in for that one station on our M3LR as we do miss 680 am.

This is my experience with my wife's car. From the day I purchased the MYLR, the EDD stayed in September and never changed. My wife's current car lease expires in October so the EDD should be good but I have read that many have been waiting for a while. I read somewhere that many in the States decided to opt for FSD and they were able to get the car way sooner than waiting for 5-6+ months. It was roughly three weeks ago I decided to get FSD in my account. The price for FSD was $10,600 so it wasn't the new price. As soon as I did that, my EDD went from September to November 2022 to February 2023. My wife wasn't happy at all, lol. On Friday, I checked and all of sudden the EDD went to June 10 - June 20. The VIN showed up in the source code. Now it looks like I'm more likely going to pay an early penalty fee on my wife's existing car to bring it back.

I'm not saying you should get FSD. Just sharing my experience.
Just curious - after adding FSD, is there option to remove FSD as well until the delivery of the car? i am 50/50 getting FSD ATM. but if car doesn't show up early and wife doesn't agree, I may have to drop this option later. thx

Just curious - after adding FSD, is there option to remove FSD as well until the delivery of the car? i am 50/50 getting FSD ATM. but if car doesn't show up early and wife doesn't agree, I may have to drop this option later. thx

Sorry for the late reply. Took my family to Centre Island. Just got back.

So yeah, you do have the option to remove it. From what I read, these people would wait to remove it until the day before they go pick up the car.

In my case, I don’t have the option to remove it. This is because I already removed it but I asked to put it on again, which they did on old pricing. In my case if I to remove it, I have to contact my SA.