Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP MSM/White, no tow or fsd.
Finally picked up my Y this morning after 7.5 months. The pick up experience was well done as the Tesla folk were kind and helpful. As my wife and I did our inspection for 1.5 hours, the agent checked up on us every 15 minutes as we reported any new findings. The driver side A pillar was not flush to the hood and the right rear plastic wheel well cover was wobbly. Agent checked with the shop folks said that both fixes would require them to take the door panel off and would not guarantee it would be any better. I looked over to the white MYLR beside us and it had the same issue so I rather not take the chance to mess it up further. There was a paint chip that they 'fixed' on the spot with a touch up marker. Everything else was all good and Im just glad I finally have the car. I trusted my wife to check the passenger door there but when we got home she complained that the door wasnt closing properly. Only her door required slamming for the car to recognize that it was closed. So I booked a mobile service request to come by on Monday to have a look. The rear ppf did have a bubble between the car and ppf but they said it might take a week to drive so i will bring it up with the mobile team. I hope everyone else has a pleasant delivery! Good luck! Gotta drive it now!
That A pillar I would 100% get fixed. Maybe take it to another SC and see what they see. I find the techs are hit and miss!

That A pillar I would 100% get fixed. Maybe take it to another SC and see what they see. I find the techs are hit and miss!
It hasn't bothered me as I have been busy with figuring out the car. One pedal driving took a day to get used to but I love it now. But yes, I think you are right and I should get it looked at again so that I dont regret not fixing it. I will ask the mobile service tech on Monday and add in the comments in the request. Some angles it looks bad some not so much. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220601_142250.jpg
    20220601_142250.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220601_142253.jpg
    20220601_142253.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220601_142300.jpg
    20220601_142300.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Destiny1701
I ordered Model Y LR in April 27 and the delivery estimate is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023, then I found out that if I change my order to Performance the site shows July - Sept.

so I went back to Tesla Oakville to see if they can change it and if it is really gonna arrive sooner, the lady told me why not put a second order for Model Y P and keep the existing order of Model Y LR and what ever got first I can cancel the other and get 250 credit toward the purchase of the one I will take.

so I did that the order date was May 24th and Estimated delivery was July - September 2022

on May 26 (2 days after) Delivery for MYP changed to Aug26 - Oct7
on May 30 Delivery for MYP changed to Aug4 to Sept15

MYLR still showing Nov 2022 - Feb 2023

I thought sharing this hope it helps

Reactions: KWC_Diu
I ordered Model Y LR in April 27 and the delivery estimate is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023, then I found out that if I change my order to Performance the site shows July - Sept.

so I went back to Tesla Oakville to see if they can change it and if it is really gonna arrive sooner, the lady told me why not put a second order for Model Y P and keep the existing order of Model Y LR and what ever got first I can cancel the other and get 250 credit toward the purchase of the one I will take.

so I did that the order date was May 24th and Estimated delivery was July - September 2022

on May 26 (2 days after) Delivery for MYP changed to Aug26 - Oct7
on May 30 Delivery for MYP changed to Aug4 to Sept15

MYLR still showing Nov 2022 - Feb 2023

I thought sharing this hope it helps
Yup's this is true
I thought about keeping my original MYLR order but I was set on giving that up cause the difference from the MYLR to the MYP after factoring the add-ons was minuscule in my books.
Tesla will put higher priority on higher priced options that's a fact
I'm still holding at June 7-21 EDD...

Yup's this is true
I thought about keeping my original MYLR order but I was set on giving that up cause the difference from the MYLR to the MYP after factoring the add-ons was minuscule in my books.
Tesla will put higher priority on higher priced options that's a fact
I'm still holding at June 7-21 EDD...
yes the difference in price vs waiting time make the model P a winner, although I still worry about the few extra KM that the LR have.

my only regrets that I did not do think about that when I first ordered my LR as the price went up by 1100$ and also delivery and final inspection fee went up by 600$

yes the difference in price vs waiting time make the model P a winner, although I still worry about the few extra KM that the LR have.

my only regrets that I did not do think about that when I first ordered my LR as the price went up by 1100$ and also delivery and final inspection fee went up by 600$
LR with 20” is 513km vs 488km P with heavy 21” Ubers.

Put 20” on an MYP or 21” on a YLR and you’ll probably both be around 500km range.

Reactions: sarkhudri
Destiny1701 makes a valid point!
TBH I was so deadset on the range from the beginning when I originally ordered the MYLR. I was so tunnelled into that specifically but reallity i think it was only a difference of 30km(?) For me, commute to/from work is 20km at most daily and weekend drives with the family on MYP is more than enough. Plus everywhere I go SC stations are plenty..If i wasn't so tunnelled on MYLR from the beginning I would've saved myself a few grand from the price increase after I revised my order to MYP lol (stupid me)

It hasn't bothered me as I have been busy with figuring out the car. One pedal driving took a day to get used to but I love it now. But yes, I think you are right and I should get it looked at again so that I dont regret not fixing it. I will ask the mobile service tech on Monday and add in the comments in the request. Some angles it looks bad some not so much. Thanks!
I wonder is this something that they can fix.

Well got $1680/year from TD..not bad. $1000/deduc and full replacement value clause. Not bad for an MYP I think?
Multi vehicle discount plus house insurance plus alumni discount. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Sooo I just spoke with my insurance broker, my current company (Scottish and York) wants almost 100% more to insure a MYP over my current vehicle 19 Jeep SRT 280 - 540 per month?!?!? My insurance just renewed last week so now I'm gonna have to shop around and pay cancellation fees... The only reason they will give is "Its a Tesla they are rated horribly"

Sooo I just spoke with my insurance broker, my current company (Scottish and York) wants almost 100% more to insure a MYP over my current vehicle 19 Jeep SRT 280 - 540 per month?!?!? My insurance just renewed last week so now I'm gonna have to shop around and pay cancellation fees... The only reason they will give is "Its a Tesla they are rated horribly"
CAA just quoted me 1656, that’s $200/yr better than TD and aviva Quoted me

Reactions: Destiny1701
That's horrible. Being a first-time driver I'm at 280 with TD post all discounts

That’s absolute BS. Teslas are one of the safest cars on the road. Also EV’s get discounts by many insurers. Try TD insurance then. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Assuming dr record is good lol.

Don’t go to your broker. They charge their 20-30% fees on top of what the rate actually is from the insurer. Go direct ie. bel air, TD, CAA

That's horrible. Being a first-time driver I'm at 280 with TD post all discounts
Experienced driver 31 yrs …0 demerits, I’m at $1680year or $140/month with TD all discounts incl. ie. multi car, home insurance, alumni. Also depends on your postal code.

First time driver that’s a decent rate actually!

That’s absolute BS. Teslas are one of the safest cars on the road. Also EV’s get discounts by many insurers. Try TD insurance then. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Assuming dr record is good lol.

Don’t go to your broker. They charge their 20-30% fees on top of what the rate actually is from the insurer. Go direct ie. bel air, TD, CAA
I have 1 ticket from March 2020 right when all the courts closed because of covid "failure to surrender insurance" got it because the cop was a dickhead and wouldn't give me time to pull it up on my phone.. I decided to fight it in court but never got a court date or notice to pay the fine once convicted. I have 11 years driving experience, got my license right away at 16! Looks like TD wants 307 for the tesla and 350 for my viper. I'm currently paying 280 for my jeep and 200 for the viper. Hopefully bel air or CAA has a better rate. EDIT: That's with only the multi vehicle discount from TD.

I have 1 ticket from March 2020 right when all the courts closed because of covid "failure to surrender insurance" got it because the cop was a dickhead and wouldn't give me time to pull it up on my phone.. I decided to fight it in court but never got a court date or notice to pay the fine once convicted. I have 11 years driving experience, got my license right away at 16! Looks like TD wants 307 for the tesla and 350 for my viper. I'm currently paying 280 for my jeep and 200 for the viper. Hopefully bel air or CAA has a better rate. EDIT: That's with only the multi vehicle discount from TD.
TD also has alumni association discounts as well as 10% off for the driving app which you only need to have on for 8 sessions or 1000km total driving a year. Throw those in and try increasing your deductible to $2500 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yep courts screwed a lot of people back then. Sorry to hear that.