Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but arent you on the hook for the entire finance portion, which is paid off first so now you've added a ton of money to your purchase price
? The interest I will only pay until I pay it off. The total outstanding payout at any given date does not assume full interest to the end of the 96 month term. It is simply a remaining principle balance payout

Reactions: sarkhudri
yes thats what I meant...I'm pretty sure if you pay off early your still on the hook with the bank for the entire interest, hopefully I'm wrong..
No that’s not how it works lol. Say one bought for 80k and paid the taxes as the downpayment. The balance then owing as at the first day of ownership is 80k. Now interest is calculated over an 8 yr term and amortized to calculate a monthly payment. The payment comprised of principle and interest. ( Less goes to principle as some to interest). Say a one year pay off…the remaining balance in 1 yr is the 80k less whatever principle was repaid in those 12 months. One would only incur the interest for the period the loan is outstanding. Similar to a home mortgage one could say.

Reactions: Umar96 and Memelord
A bit of after review here.

Pick up experience: not bad but not so good either. But I really liked the fact that I didnt need to sit through different managers in the dealer getting slammed with extended this and that. With Tesla I just walked in, checked out the car, signed the agreement and they released the car. The car was then mine in my app. That was it.

Two issues that I found. There was two small paint chips on the edge of the driver's side door. I didn't notice it until I came home. I bet someone banged the door against something because it was that spot. I went back to the center they tried to touch it up. I wasn't happy with the result so they book me in for an appointment a week later. They said they have to send it to their body shop.
At this point I am not sure as the car is getting full PPF wrap done. PPF guy said since we are doing it in matte PPF I shouldn't be noticing it much. I will probably have to live with it. I will decide when I see it in person.
Second one is the hatch alignment. When I look at the car from the rear, left side of the hatch is slightly down and right side is up. I checked other Ys in the lot with other owners, most had similar problem. It was either left or right not aligned. Only one Y in the lot was perfect with the hatch alignment. I didn't bother notifying someone because at that point I already signed the agreement. And the center was busy with handling 10 customers at a time.
I will maybe try to fix it myself when I have the car back from the PPF shop. There was some YouTube videos people adjusting the rubber pieces to align it themselves.

So I lost the car again to my ppf guy the day after and because it's a full wrap. I am losing it for maybe 4 days. I may pick it up tomorrow or maybe Monday.

Two things I noticed while I am putting about 100km before dropping it off to my ppf guy.
First one is very difficult to explain. The car feels 'hollow'. Not sure it's the suspension or the steering wheel column but whenever I go over the bumps it feels like the car is loose somewhere.
Maybe because I am coming from a Mercedes AMG, the Y definitely does not have that tightness of an AMG.
Anybody understand this feeling?
Second one is... There are *sugar* ton of Ys out there now that I am driving one.. wow it seems like every 10 car is a Y.
Oh one more thing. Acceleration definitely scares me. Even coming from an AMG, this is something else.

And some pics of the car getting PPF done.
We removed all the badges and the spoiler to get it cleanly wrapped. I will be putting on matte emblems once done.
Even from just pictures I really like the matte white look on the car. Maybe this will make it a bit unique among 1000s Ys on the road. :D
The front and the two doors are done in the picture. You will see the difference with the rear fender as that is not done yet.

The pic where he is pointing is the spot with the chips. You need to zoom in to see it.
Now I am just anxiously waiting again.

Attachments

• 65929DBD-60FD-43A4-BC80-320532B40A04.jpeg
    65929DBD-60FD-43A4-BC80-320532B40A04.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 83
  • B75F6AF8-C351-40D7-B512-C5129E023A99.jpeg
    B75F6AF8-C351-40D7-B512-C5129E023A99.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 54
  • B23339D1-BAC7-45FB-819B-A9CE06D1FE20.jpeg
    B23339D1-BAC7-45FB-819B-A9CE06D1FE20.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 63851FC2-9166-4A55-8566-FEB0C8CAC151.jpeg
    63851FC2-9166-4A55-8566-FEB0C8CAC151.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 762E88F0-2ADF-4DCD-8658-00F0058FF5A2.jpeg
    762E88F0-2ADF-4DCD-8658-00F0058FF5A2.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
@garumaru

^ way too picky imho
First of all, congrats !
Personally, I don’t care how many are on the road. Even if and each one of them is a Tesla out there, good for them. I like to mind my own plate and be happy with mine.
I wouldn’t have noticed that chip myself.
Enjoy the Tesla now and upgrade to a Lucid down the road :)
Make it your own. Tint, rims, the accessories market is growing my the day.

@garumaru

^ way too picky imho
First of all, congrats !
Personally, I don’t care how many are on the road. Even if and each one of them is a Tesla out there, good for them. I like to mind my own plate and be happy with mine.
I wouldn’t have noticed that chip myself.
Enjoy the Tesla now and upgrade to a Lucid down the road :)
Make it your own. Tint, rims, the accessories market is growing my the day.
Don't get me wrong I am very excited about this one and I am enjoying a ton.

But I am spending thousands of $ to avoid chips like this on a brand new car.
Now we are wrapping over it. Get the irony?

Hey guys just got notice that my vehicle left factory on Friday. The VIN is 7SAY..., i think that means Fremont? If so, any idea how long it'll take to get here usually?

Also confirmed with my SA that these will have Mudguards and PPF on it already. So i'll be confirming this upon delivery as well.

Lastly, is everyone having Insurance payment of over $2K annually for a model y!?? That's insane.

Reactions: MYPDBM
Hey guys just got notice that my vehicle left factory on Friday. The VIN is 7SAY..., i think that means Fremont? If so, any idea how long it'll take to get here usually?

Also confirmed with my SA that these will have Mudguards and PPF on it already. So i'll be confirming this upon delivery as well.

Lastly, is everyone having Insurance payment of over $2K annually for a model y!?? That's insane.
Im in quebec and 36 years old 1700$ per year.

100% sure its fremont; the F is in the vin but not the portion you shared.

I got $1670 for 2 drivers, it went up a little since I got the quote from Aviva. They have an “exclusive” tesla discount - so try to get a quote from them.

I also just got the text message that it’s on the way this morning.

My SA said it’ll come with AMD Ryzen, Heated Wipers, Premium sound system, new lithium 12v battery but he couldn’t confirm if it will come with the dual pane glass in all windows. So it’s nice to know about the mud guards and PPF too. I’ll be coating it anyhow.

Looking forward to next week to get an actual firm date 😁

Reactions: Larry Healey
? The interest I will only pay until I pay it off. The total outstanding payout at any given date does not assume full interest to the end of the 96 month term. It is simply a remaining principle balance payout
So MYP is gone today for installing auto present door handles :) no more odd reaching for opening. My wife missed this in the S so I brought it to MY :)

Same functions as S…opens when you walk close by with phone/key fob or you touch any handle.

Will post a video when it’s done !

Ppf and window tint is done :) carbon/pewter T decals off to be painted. Also 295/35/21 on :)

74AE3400-CA7E-49DD-81CB-AEB32CC1DA68.jpeg
7E02010B-153E-4557-AF74-F4351E93E8A1.jpeg
3CFE14CE-ED0C-40D2-B9A5-F6326084C510.jpeg