Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why 3 days? I got vin F513. Wonder if I got lucky

post says they started installing them after Aug 5, I got my confirmation that the vehicle had left the factory text on Aug 2....

and the only confirmation photos so far came from F516 VINs so not super hopeful for my F514 VIN...

either way... I'll know Tuesday

I woke up this morning and I got the Tesla payment ready email in inbox.
I logged into web site and saw MVPA generated and had VIN inside. (F532)
Maybe my journey is finally over soon!

Btw, when do I get the email/message to schedule the delivery date? I didn't even get any txt regarding the car has left the factory either.

Thx in advance.
Once i updated my finance details, i got the left the factory text within a week followed by a delivery schedule text 3 days later. Hope your timelines match mine

Lol. Me too. 1230 appt. Im dying to see if i got matrix headlights but i have a feeling i missed it by 3 days...
Well, even if you don't, you will get the chrome license plate if that's any consolation.

Got Simple way to look up Vin# in code, think most of you already know it

1) get to your tesla car page.
2) Press Ctrl + U
3) In the page that is open search for "vin": include all the quotes and colon. there will be 3 or 4 of this and one of them will have valid Vin# if its assigned.

Not sure what can be used for though.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Rennei and keha
I had FSD in my original order and I removed it a few months ago, I emailed Tesla today to add FSD back to my order, to my surprise the FSD still cost me CAD 10600 instead of the CAD 12800 on the website. Hopefully this could speed up the delivery although SA mentioned this won't have any impact on the delivery.

Most likely will remove FSD again before delivery.

Last edited:
Teams,

Need some more help

I got final payment reminder almost on August 3 and I did payment next day (aka got loan approval next day) and made the down payment.

So its almost 11 days since I got everything settled (even got payment updated on August 5 for down payment), then got text for trade in offer, I checked the offer didnt like it so declined it on yesterday.

Though nothing more than that. I saw few folks have got VIN# and other communication during this time. Also I believe I would be told 10 days in advance before the car arrival (aka car has left the factory). Haven't got any of those texts either.

Any idea about timelines of when what should happen

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone here has recently placed an order for the wall charger. I'm not sure if I should order my wall charger now or wait till I am assigned a VIN. How long does it typically take to arrive? If it takes super long then I should as well place my order now...

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone here has recently placed an order for the wall charger. I'm not sure if I should order my wall charger now or wait till I am assigned a VIN. How long does it typically take to arrive? If it takes super long then I should as well place my order now...
I ordered one on Friday and got the tracking number that same day but UPS didn't pick it up till today and says delivering on Thursday. So it is fast.

New MYPs now come with new door trim? Can someone who picked up their MYP with VIN F517 or later confirm this?
Hi Guys,
Order Placed: August 3
Tesla Says Order Shipped: August 5
Rec'd at door via UPS: August 13 (California to Markham, Ontario)

I did and was surprised (pick-up Lawrence location). I wasn't suppose to as my order was in June 2022 (ie. didn't make that April cutoff). So not complaining, and luckily didn't order through Tesla.

I did not get mudflaps, but that's because they ran out. So need a service appointment for that. It did come with ppl just for the lower portion by the 2 rear passenger doors.

I picked up yesterday, but it's in service today to fix up some minor things. Once I get it back I'll provide a better overall delivery update.
Hi All, sharing my delivery experience for all who are picking up in the few days/weeks.

Pick-up Location: Lawrence

Overall smooth experience. Was not rushed and multiple Tesla folks kept on checking in to ensure everything was ok. A few dirty areas, scuffs, but they wiped off

There were no noticeable panel gaps, so lucky with that.
However, I did have these 4 issues with the result:
1) missing mud flaps -> booked service appt next day to get them installed, but at Vaughn (Lawrence ran out)
2) Right headlight installation was off by a bit > booked service appt next day and was fixed
3) Steering wheel alignment seemed to be off > booked service appt next day and was fixed
4) Driver side interior door top panel was raised at the end vs. passenger door -> Service said it was within variance, so nothing to fix

Car came with a mobile connector, I wasn't entitled, so that was good.

So with exception of booking a service appointment the next day (pretty much whole day I was not able to access car), delivery was good.

It was already mentioned earlier, but I used this checklist : Tesla Prep

Details of Car:
MYP OD: June 6
EDD1: Aug 6-Sept 10 (June 6)
EDD2: Jul 26-Aug 23 (June 28)
EDD3: Aug 11-Aug 25 (July 21)
EDD4: Aug 11-Aug 15 (July 29)
EDD5: Aug 5-Aug11 (Aug 3)
Pickup Appt: Aug 11 (Aug 5)

Hope this helps everyone. Feel free to ask any questions, and good luck to all. The wait will be worth it !