Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken delivery and the car is amazing.

However, I noticed a small scratch on the A pillar and a small scuff on the driver side rear door. Tesla is willing to fix them for free, but said the appointment will take hours.

I imagine this means that they'll possibly need to take apart the door. Any thoughts on whether this is worth it? My concern is that taking apart the door and putting it back together might cause other issues (gaps, misalignment, etc.). I currently have none.

I know it's subjective, but anyone have any thoughts? Just wondering whether it's worth it to fix such minor issues when the car otherwise has no problems.

I've taken delivery and the car is amazing.

However, I noticed a small scratch on the A pillar and a small scuff on the driver side rear door. Tesla is willing to fix them for free, but said the appointment will take hours.

I imagine this means that they'll possibly need to take apart the door. Any thoughts on whether this is worth it? My concern is that taking apart the door and putting it back together might cause other issues (gaps, misalignment, etc.). I currently have none.

I know it's subjective, but anyone have any thoughts? Just wondering whether it's worth it to fix such minor issues when the car otherwise has no problems.
For a small scratch, I doubt they'd actually do any real paintwork. I'd imagine it will just be buffing it out and if so, there shouldn't be a need to take apart the door.

So I have delivery scheduled Saturday morning, booked by phone last week. I have not received a “left the factory” text or anything else aside from the phonecall from my SA. Should I be worried, or is it likely on its way and I’m just paranoid?🤪
Lol… we got the left the factory text and it was still delayed the day before we we’re supposed to pickup, ha ha.

Anything is fair game 🤷‍♂️

I have a couple of questions to ask here to knowledgeable people.
1. I just accepted the trade in - but the pricing summary on web page doesn't reflect tax savings. Is this tesla web page issue?
2. When I accepted trade in, I don't see this reflecting in the MVPA doc. Is this normal? or does it take some time/day to reflect?

I don't even have a SA, and trying to find out how to reach out to someone. Is there a number I can call tesla canada or support? (or have to dial into service number in nearest my location?)

Thanks in advance for your inputs here.

I have a couple of questions to ask here to knowledgeable people.
1. I just accepted the trade in - but the pricing summary on web page doesn't reflect tax savings. Is this tesla web page issue?
2. When I accepted trade in, I don't see this reflecting in the MVPA doc. Is this normal? or does it take some time/day to reflect?

I don't even have a SA, and trying to find out how to reach out to someone. Is there a number I can call tesla canada or support? (or have to dial into service number in nearest my location?)

Thanks in advance for your inputs here.
1. the trade-in value is deducted from the before tax purchase price, hence the tax savings. You can see that in section 2 of the MVPA.
2. it may take some time for them to update the contract.

Reactions: seanoh5
1. the trade-in value is deducted from the before tax purchase price, hence the tax savings. You can see that in section 2 of the MVPA.
2. it may take some time for them to update the contract.
This is how I thought it would be. But the account web page simply shows the trade in value deducted out of the total car price after all fees and taxes added, hence I am missing the tax portion of credit.
Wondering if others encountered this issue before.

This is how I thought it would be. But the account web page simply shows the trade in value deducted out of the total car price after all fees and taxes added, hence I am missing the tax portion of credit.
mine shows the proper final value. easy to calculate yourself, the new tesla minus trade in = reminder to pay plus 13% tax

Reactions: seanoh5
Check the tax amount and you will see the difference. Trade in value is deducted in the car price and trade in tax value is adjusted in the total tax.