Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys, just another update, went from EAP to FSD today after hearing about the upcoming 25% price increase for FSD after September 5th.

Figured that FSD is still being offered to me in the app for 10,600 it seemed worthwhile making the jump.

Well at least compared to what the price might be after Sep 5, ie. 12,800 (current base price) + 25% = $16,000.

So I pick up my new MYP with FSD on Tuesday. Am I correct that everything except “navigate on city streets“ is running normally? I just have to hope that I can get approved to be part of the beta program next time they open it up for new drivers To get navigate on streets?

Hey Guys, just another update, went from EAP to FSD today after hearing about the upcoming 25% price increase for FSD after September 5th.

Figured that FSD is still being offered to me in the app for 10,600 it seemed worthwhile making the jump.

Well at least compared to what the price might be after Sep 5, ie. 12,800 (current base price) + 25% = $16,000.
LOL, did the same.

• Funny
Reactions: pselectric
Have any Canadians who should be getting a mobile charger included (ordered before April 29th) received a coupon to purchase the charger instead of getting it with the car? This seems to be changing over in the US. People are getting a coupon code for $200 to buy the mobile charger or if they want to put towards the wall charger instead.

If any Canadians do get a coupon I'd be curious what the value of it is. I assume it will be for the price of the MC in the Canadian store $255....I hope they cover the tax also as we were supposed to get it included. I will also have wasted $55 on the 14-50 adapter as the new MC kits come with it in the store. And of course they are currently out of stock of MC....probably due to all these coupons going out in the US.:rolleyes:

So my leasing company is trying to send a wire transfer for tomorrow’s pick up, however the show room is closed today, and they say they will not issue a bill of sale until delivery date. Anyone have any experience getting this figured out? Leasing company won’t send a wire transfer without a Bill of sale.

I ended up adding FSD to my account, as per SA the car is at the delivery centre and I should be getting it sometime this week, I got FSD for $10,600 as I ordered back in Jan. Wondering if it's even worth it?
I also have the price locked in at $10,600 if I choose to add it. Seeing the news that price will be up to $15K in a few weeks from now had me considering it again.

I watch/subscribe to a number of the YT channels that record FSD beta test drives. I think it is pretty amazing what the system is capable of. I'd love to play around with it but don't think it is worth it for me to pay even $10,600 for it. My reasoning...
You still have to jump through hoops to even get access to the Beta features (and really this is the only thing of interest to add FSD)...of course this may change by year end and everyone with FSD will get city streets.
It still requires constant supervision...almost seems you have to be more attentive than if you just drive the car yourself.
The FSD doesn't transfer to a future Tesla you buy...you lose that investment when you sell the car and would have to pay some new price on the next car.
I enjoy driving so really don't need the car to drive me around. I will use AP on highways on long trips but otherwise prefer to drive myself.

My ideal would be if Tesla offers a subscription model in Canada like they do in the US. Then I would buy it for a month or two at a time every so often just to play around with it.