Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@arbitrage000
Deep snow: 4Runner on Falkens was absolutely amazing, so it's hard for me to really judge the all seasons. The Tesla did OK, I didnt feel any major traction control kicking in. Braking was ok. Compacted snow: AWD system seems decent overall, however, ice covered snow, like the one you have after some cars drive over the snow, it slides like sled downhill :) Probably the inertia of the 4500lb.
We had some of that Buffalo storm and some of the roads were really covered, other parts black ice. Rolled over cars everywhere, roads closed, trucks out in the fields; I drove like an angel and really took my time.
In my case, I am getting the winters this weekend. Cant really justify buying such an expensive vehicle and skipping out on tires.
In your case? I would still get them, all you need is a decent storm. They say under 7C a low tier winter tire performs better than a top tier all season. it's not all about the grooves, it is also about the rubber elasticity and grip on the frozen asphalt. If you really don't go places, only 10 min work, nah, its fine. We do travel places in the winter so it is a must for me.
In Ontario, my insurance discounts me 15% with winters.

MYLR7 Black / Black / 20” / Tow - yes / FSD - y / OD 11/21/22 EDD Dec 2022 - Mar 2023

Got a call on Dec 1 that it’s ready for pickup! Arrived at the shop 2 days prior, original buyer couldn’t secure financing, so I was next on list? (Who knows if that’s the truth)

Figure I might as well take it, I can reject it and wait for the next one. VIN assigned the next day: 2023 F608. Scheduled for pickup on Thur Dec 8. Apparently no matrix headlights

Doesn’t seem to be much activity in this thread lately.

I just put in an order for a White Model Y Performance with Black interior and tow package
Located in BC, Canada 🇨🇦 but delivery to Alberta
Ordered: Jan 14, 2023
Original EDD: Jan - Feb 2033
EDD updated today: Feb 3 - Mar 3, 2033

Reactions: MY9Cho
Doesn’t seem to be much activity in this thread lately.

I just put in an order for a White Model Y Performance with Black interior and tow package
Located in BC, Canada 🇨🇦 but delivery to Alberta
Ordered: Jan 14, 2023
EDD updated today: Feb 3 - Mar 3, 2033
Jan 22 order date. EDD FEB 3 - MAR 3

I ordered Model 3 . I’m in Montreal
Jan 22
generic EDD Jan - Feb
Updated EDD Feb 3 -Mar 3

Here's an update with a super fast turn around!

Ordered in Saskatchewan for delivery in Saskatoon
Model Y Long Range
White with black interior, tow hitch
Ordered Jan 13
Original EDD Jan to Feb
Delivery Appointment set for Feb 1

Just waiting like a kid waiting for Christmas
Picked it up today. Build was solid, paint was good. Just had to drive in -20° and stop at my first supercharger to get it back home.

Anyone in BC have experience applying the EV incentive to their order? My spouse has the incentive approved and attached to their driver's license. Just wondering if I need to contact the sales rep prior to taking delivery, or if it's fine to wait until delivery day to have it applied.

Anyone in BC have experience applying the EV incentive to their order? My spouse has the incentive approved and attached to their driver's license. Just wondering if I need to contact the sales rep prior to taking delivery, or if it's fine to wait until delivery day to have it applied.
My sales rep had me email a screenshot of the confirmation email. They did mention that you had to have it applied to the account no later than 48 hours before the delivery appointment.

I didn't notice the Canada thread. Cancelled our iD.4 order when prices came down and ordered the Model 3 RWD in white.

Located in Ontario
Ordered: Jan 28, 2023
EDD updated today: Feb 14 - Mar 21, 2033

Now need to figure out how pickup will work as I'm out of the country 16-19 Feb.