Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian 19" Sport Wheel VIN assignment waiting room?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love to hear of any assignments specifically for 19" Sport Wheels. Lots of speculation and assumptions for sure around the reason for the delay. Love to hear good factual analysis and assignments.

Attachments

• 1455396-00-A_0.jpg
    1455396-00-A_0.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: 03DSG
How can we do factual analysis when we are not Tesla employees and do not have access to internal emails?
How can we do factual analysis when we are not Tesla employees and do not have access to internal emails?
It is my experience that most of the time car owners have more knowledge than most Tesla employees. However, maybe, perhaps a Tesla employee might leak us some good information. PLEASE?

Among many other data points I follow @augkuo nearly daily photo updates of their Freemont factory drive by. So far Aero's, Aero's and more Aero's. My money is on a changeover this week to 19"s, 19"s and more 19"s.
For a very fleeting moment I actually considered the dreaded "EDIT' button and a switch to Aero's. However the thought of potentially getting turfed to the end of the line 5 minutes before the 19" run started prevented me.

Patiently waiting for 19's..................

At least they are now wrapping some of the AERO 3's now after reports of transport paint damage:

B9FC7A11-3CD9-43EF-8A0D-6B26A768E036.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Thank you for this thread. Quietly been waiting for this 19's switchover of production to happen!
I sold my BMW 3-series this week and am now carless awaiting the VIN and delivery call...

Called Tesla to see if there was anything information they could provide, and all she told me was that I should expect my VIN this week or next. I'm at 42 days without a VIN - been using this tracker to keep an eye on anyone else who gets a VIN with 19s. You'll need to click on 'VIN Chart 2' and scroll all the way to the right to see how long everyone has been waiting until their VIN gets assigned.

Thanks for the link. According to that, I’m second in the queue. :) (I know, it’s only the people who have added their name to one of the two lists...)

But honestly, i heard the same in the forums for 3 weeks now, and the Tesla rep at the oakville store said the same last week, it it’s another week come and gone and I’m try to stay optimistic but it’s getting harder and harder. Tick took.

I too had also ordered with 19" wheels and was paitiently waiting for my VIN. After all of the questions started arising about delivery of 19's I decided to change to Aero's and hopefully not, as you worried, get pushed to the back of the line. I went through with it and was rewarded with a VIN less than 48 hrs later.

I went through the same logic and asked my DS to change from 19" to Aeros. I thought about what I had just done and felt in the "long term" I would regret not having the silver sport wheels on my Silver Model 3. I called back and cancelled the change. In a year from now the wait will be water under the bridge and I will enjoy my Model 3 with very nice wheels. Patience.

BTW I took the opportunity to upgrade to EAP. No charge and it takes a day for the confirmation email of the change.

Glad to see a dedicated thread for this. I'm hoping we see something this week or worst case next, still gives time to take delivery right before or after election. Transfer of power will take a week or more probably.

Transfer of power may take longer if minority government. With NDP became stronger in past couple polls, this may be the case if PC win.
Good to know. Being we've had the libs for 15 years perhaps it'll take even longer. I'm of the opinion our deposits count as purchases and we'd be grandfathered in and they won't eliminate it day1. Will take awhile (probably fall legislature).