Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are actually 10 (!) of those at the airport. A bank of 5 on Convair in the GTAA Admin Bldg. parking lot and another bank of 5 in the Cell Phone lot. (You can find them on PlugShare). Free to use.

Interesting I just pick up someone at YYZ but didn’t see it in the cell lot.

Probably hard to see in the night but definitely checkout next time when I’m there

There's a summary of CHAdeMO/CCS currently receiving Federal aid.

Promoteurs retenus | Ressources naturelles Canada

Most are in Ontario. In a vacuum, the locations aren't bad, but considering the Ontario government has already installed a dozen units in Mississauga, I'm not sure why Ottawa needs fund five more there. Unfortunately, whoever said it would be a problem getting power to OnRoute sites was right. Of the 25 Canadian Tire Gas+ locations,getting CHAdeMO, none are OnRoutes.

Also, you will see that the funding for two hydrogen stations ($1,650,000) is almost as much as for 42 CHAdeMO. I am not sure when this page was last updated, but the project for ten stations in Nova Scotia doesn't show up yet.

There's a summary of CHAdeMO/CCS currently receiving Federal aid.

Promoteurs retenus | Ressources naturelles Canada

Most are in Ontario. In a vacuum, the locations aren't bad, but considering the Ontario government has already installed a dozen units in Mississauga, I'm not sure why Ottawa needs fund five more there. Unfortunately, whoever said it would be a problem getting power to OnRoute sites was right. Of the 25 Canadian Tire Gas+ locations,getting CHAdeMO, none are OnRoutes.

Also, you will see that the funding for two hydrogen stations ($1,650,000) is almost as much as for 42 CHAdeMO. I am not sure when this page was last updated, but the project for ten stations in Nova Scotia doesn't show up yet.

So Honda Canada gets funding for a B.S. Hydrogen refueling station at their location?

Let them pay for their own B.S. Hydrogen refueling stations!!!

Hmm good point. Looking around the Ontario site they do refer to an "Electric and Hydrogen Advancement Partnership (Ministry of Environment and Climate Change)", but I don't see much in the way of actual hydrogen stuff.

Okay, this one is on Trudeau then.

Reactions: Jaff
During a recently 5 hour trip from Grande Prairie , AB from Edmonton, there was lots of time to think about the possibility of having a CHAdeMO charge station located at the half point to make the trip less time consuming with the Model X or S.
I see from Plugshare that there are at least a few owners who make this trip on a regular basis but need to spend significant time at the 80 amp (16kW) J1772 station in Valleyview.

Unfortunately due to time constraints I made this trip with a truck ( F-150 truck - Cost : 12.9 litres / 100 km @$1.10 / litre @ 920 km = $130.00 )

Does anyone have experience with installation of a privately funded CHAdeMO station ( cost, power requirements, operating costs , 50 kW output ).
I'm sure the business case would be weak for a company like FLO that recently installed a station at the Simons store in Edmonton but perhaps I'm wrong.
FLO unveils its first fast charging station in Alberta | FLO

Fox Creek would be the logical half way location. Maybe a generator support mobile charge station is a temporary solution.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Recent update of the NRC alternative fuels site. First, most of the funding is for hydrogen or natural gas stations. I would be interested in knowing how much of it will involve shale gas (obtained from fracking). Note, the site says in construction for planned sites, whether or not work has actually started.

The new locations where there isn't yet any Supercharging are all in New Brunswick.

Nine sites on top of the ten that were installed on the Trans-Canada highway last Summer

1. Saint-Quentin
  2. Eel River Bar
  3. Bathurst.
  4. Tracadie-Sheila
  5. Miramichi
  6. Doaktown
  7. Richibucto
  8. Rothesay
  9. Upper Letang.
You can see the street addresses on the NRC page.

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants | Natural Resources Canada

Earlier in the year, funding was also confirmed for ten locations in Nova Scotia, but the cities haven't been revealed yet.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
That’s great. Means NB will be well covered by DC fast chargers! Here’s hoping the NS ones will be built by next summer for my annual summer trip. The NB one right at the border with NS in Aulac is especially well sited if the NS ones are not done in time for summer. Of course, if the slated Tesla Superchargers get built in NB in the meantime, all the better.

That’s great. Means NB will be well covered by DC fast chargers! Here’s hoping the NS ones will be built by next summer for my annual summer trip. The NB one right at the border with NS in Aulac is especially well sited if the NS ones are not done in time for summer. Of course, if the slated Tesla Superchargers get built in NB in the meantime, all the better.

Three more Chademo/CCS combos showed up ion plugshare n the BC est interiour in the last two weeks. 10 more to go over the summer apparently. That would be 43 total in BC. They are also adding 40 more level 2's in the kootenays in the next year. Slowly but surely.

Reactions: Jaff
NB Power is exceeding expectations. When they inaugurated the ten original units in July, they announced five further CHAdeMO for 2018. Now it turns out to be nine more and they're not waiting until next Summer for all of them. Miramichi is online. Not yet on plugshare, but visible on the FLO and partner maps.
Excellent, the one in Miranichi will be helpful for the drag races there next summer. ;)