Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent. We'll be driving to NB & NS starting July 8, doing the Halifax - Cape Breton drive on the 17th. It looks like the stations we need for that are open (Stellarton with Monastery as a backup). And we're hoping to use the North Sydney and Baddeck stations about a week later. I'd like to see them all change to active on plugshare.com and show up on flo.ca to confirm that they are live...

They were waiting until it was too late for you. :(. Only three of the sites in the press release are considered open, though, and one is listed as out of service for now.

Nova Scotia Power and Emera unveil province’s first electric vehicle fast-charging network | Nova Scotia Power
Just landed in NL. The North Sydney charger will mean I can take the more scenic route to Halifax on the way back so I will get a a chance to experience faster traveling through NS.

BTW, the first chademo charger we used was in Lepreau NB and I needed to call service to get it rebooted to finish charging. I told several people that we would typically charge for 30 min but the reality is we were there almost 2 hours.

Excellent. We'll be driving to NB & NS starting July 8, doing the Halifax - Cape Breton drive on the 17th. It looks like the stations we need for that are open (Stellarton with Monastery as a backup). And we're hoping to use the North Sydney and Baddeck stations about a week later. I'd like to see them all change to active on plugshare.com and show up on flo.ca to confirm that they are live...
You should be able to base yourself on this calendar on PlugShare
C23049AC-DD53-4CF9-8DC2-2479903FB57A.png

BTW, the first chademo charger we used was in Lepreau NB and I needed to call service to get it rebooted to finish charging. I told several people that we would typically charge for 30 min but the reality is we were there almost 2 hours.

Murphy's law. 1) That station seems to be the one problematic one in NB. 2) The one site out of 19 they haven't gotten installed yet (between St. Jean and Moncton) would have been close enough to allow you to cut short the stay at the unreliable station.