Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes but according to plugshare.com, 4 of the 5 that I plan to use (Stellarton, Monastery, Baddeck, North Sydney) are only L2 6.6kW at this point...

Very strange. When a station isn't yet ready, it usually isn't added to the official network apps. Using the filter "only show DC Fast Charge" in the FLO app displays all twelve sites in green with the lightning bolt . Locations where only the 6 kW are working should be filtered out. Either something is irregular or all the DCFC units are running.
Exception: Liverpool where the station is yellow.

Yes and it seems that there will be a winner soon
F6469E08-DBED-4CF0-ABBF-9A03A48B2209.jpeg

This is awesome - the NS ChaDeMo stations that we need are all online for Level 3 charging! This will make our trip a lot more enjoyable - it's no fun sitting around for hours to charge on a holiday. Great job NS Power and Flo! I wish Tesla could deploy superchargers this fast (I know, it's one stall vs. 20 but still...).

Not sure whether this has been covered and I couldn't find anything after searching the forum.

Superstore seems to be hosting a series of Chademo stations powered by BC Hydro in Metro Vancouver (stretching all the way from Richmond to Mission, BC). The stations are all in free vending mode; One of the Chademo users told me it is currently free for a year until the option for Superstore to start charging $0.35 per kWh.

Anyone know whether this is true ?

Apologies if it's been discussed in the thread, I did search the thread for the word planner and the combo route planner and got nothing.

What are the best Route Planner options when relying on Chademo?
Model X is supposed to show up today and it might be trial by fire as I now need to do a 400+ KM delivery run, possibly even towing a small trailer.

Apologies if it's been discussed in the thread, I did search the thread for the word planner and the combo route planner and got nothing.

What are the best Route Planner options when relying on Chademo?
Model X is supposed to show up today and it might be trial by fire as I now need to do a 400+ KM delivery run, possibly even towing a small trailer.

Have you tried the trip planner on plugshare.com ? You can plot in your origin and destination address and filter charging options (in your case to Chademo). You might have to create an account to enable the trip planner.

Ps. I assume you have the Tesla Chademo adapter at hand.

HTH

Have you tried the trip planner on plugshare.com ? You can plot in your origin and destination address and filter charging options (in your case to Chademo). You might have to create an account to enable the trip planner.

Ps. I assume you have the Tesla Chademo adapter at hand.

HTH
Been playing with a few different ones, plugshare included. Hard to tell how well they will work live in a car until I'm in the car I guess. Hoping the V9 change of sending routes to the car nav system might be a big help for all the apps.
You find plugshare the best?

Yes, pre-ordered the adapter at same time as the HPWC, knowing I'd be relying on it extensively thought it was wise to have up front.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Been playing with a few different ones, plugshare included. Hard to tell how well they will work live in a car until I'm in the car I guess. Hoping the V9 change of sending routes to the car nav system might be a big help for all the apps.
You find plugshare the best?

Yes, pre-ordered the adapter at same time as the HPWC, knowing I'd be relying on it extensively thought it was wise to have up front.
Where are you picking it up? Use the Supercharger network until NB, then the Flo network for the rest. Congrats on your new car!