Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere they are limited to 50kW even though advertized at 150kW. What was your experience?
No. It’s just a pass thru. It will take whatever the cars asks. Here is a screen shot at an EC machine.
EAFD5F6D-881B-4C48-90E3-4587BCA50B5D.jpeg

Reactions: KevinT3141
I've been using the Chademo a good amount on my trip to Canada.

Always feel like the adapter will break the charge port or something. It's insane how much pressure it puts on the charge port, but I guess it's designed for it so it's all good.
Same. I don't use it all the time though, and I make sure the cord is hanging in a way that doesn't put a ton of weight on it.

The CCS1 adapter is smaller, but you're still going to have similar issues.

Chademo Adapter still useful. My 2021 Model Y is not CCS enabled and Tesla has yet to provide a factory OEM installed upgrade path. Yes I know I could order and install myself but why? In a pinch I have my trusty slow Chademo adapter that I have had since 2020.
Second that. On a trip to the Maritimes last month, northeast NB and the western extremes of the Gaspe-no Supercharger nearby. All fast chargers=50kW, so no benefit to CCS vs Chademo.
At least with Chademo adapter I have never had problems like I read about people having at non-Tesla fast CCS charging. Tap my RFID card. plug in Chademo and it works. Not as easy nor fast as supercahrgers but close enough.

Reactions: Threader