TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian Delivery Timelines

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by steilkurve, Apr 30, 2017.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Hello. Wondering about the kind of delivery timelines Canadian buyers are seeing right now for the X. I got a fully loaded 100D on order. I placed the order on April 11th, it was confirmed on April 14th and I got a 48XXX VIN the next day. Right now, MyTesla says a June - Early July delivery at the Montreal SC. What have other buyers experienced in terms of timing from order to delivery in Canada? Any insights appreciated.

2. Labradordriver

Hi,

Welcome to the Tesla family.

I placed my order on March 19 and confirmed on March 22. I live in Atlantic Canada and my SC for delivery is Montreal. My initial estimate for delivery was May to Early June. In speaking with my DS in early April, his initial indication for start of production was the middle of April. this has since changed and my estimate for start of production is now May 12-15. This represents 7 to 8 weeks from order to start of production. My estimated delivery is now Late May to June.

Considering the last update on when my vehicle will start production and then transport from the factory to Montreal, I am optimistic for the end of May, more like the middle of June. My DS indicated the vehicle will go by train from the factory to Chicago and then by truck to Montreal.

My current estimate is from order to delivery to Montreal it is going to take 2-½ to 3 months. Based upon what I have read from others I still optimistic it will be closer to the 2-½ month range.

The hardest part is the waiting game - I hope you manage the waiting game better than me!

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Thanks for your reply. Not doing too bad with the waiting part as I have my Model S to play with in the meantime. ;-)

Can I ask what is your car, 75, 90 or 100D?

I have a road trip planned for July 5th, hence my question. I'm hoping my planned June to early July delivery will be more of a June one.

4. Labradordriver

Good to hear you have a way to manage the waiting game.

I ordered a Model X 100D 5 seater.

From what I have read, VIN is not a good indication of when vehicles are manufactured. From what I can gather they appear to be grouped either by vehicle type and delivery area as they want to maximize deliveries for each quarter. Considering it will be the end of a quarter, you may be luckier than I have been to receive it earlier.

Good luck!

5. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Mine is also a 100D but a 6 seater. Maybe we'll be in the same production/shipment group. Quarter does help. My S took a month from order to delivery (3 days before quarter end, and quality was excellent).

6. Arthabaska

Arthabaska Member

Hi!
    I was wondering if you had any news on your deliveries. I just ordered an X on June 6th, also in Montreal, and my delivery estimate is end of July-August.
    I hope it is accurate, as I also find the wait very difficult!

7. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Yep. Got my X June 9th. Ordered April 11th. Shy of 2 months. Really loving the car.

8. Arthabaska

Arthabaska Member

Thanks for your reply! Seems I can expect it in the week of July 31st, if it follows your timeline.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed!

9. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

My Model X order was confirmed June 11th. Expecting late July, early August delivery. 100D, 6 seats, most options.

10. Labradordriver

I am heading to Montreal tomorrow to pick-up my Model X 100D on Monday. Then I will be driving home on Tuesday.

From the time I placed my order to scheduled pick-up on Monday, it will be 3 months exactly.

The waiting game was hard, but really excited to finally get my vehicle.

11. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

That seems like a long time. Maybe I've been given some optimistic expectations by the Tesla folks.

12. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Mine was 2 months and I got it a week ago. And I ordered after Labradordriver. What I believe happens (and have read about) is that they group together production of similar vehicles. Since both of us had a X100D, I suspect that Labradordriver waited longer for the production of that group of vehicles to start. Then the week difference in delivery ends up being SC time for final prep.

Labradordriver, enjoy the ride back home!

• Informative x 1
  13. JP100d

JP100d New Member

Hey fellow Canadians,

I ordered my p100d late may and just received it last week, so it only took 4 weeks because tesla wanted to get it into their books for this last quarter.

14. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Congratulations and welcome to TMC....looking forward to many more Posts