Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Delivery Timelines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Wondering about the kind of delivery timelines Canadian buyers are seeing right now for the X. I got a fully loaded 100D on order. I placed the order on April 11th, it was confirmed on April 14th and I got a 48XXX VIN the next day. Right now, MyTesla says a June - Early July delivery at the Montreal SC. What have other buyers experienced in terms of timing from order to delivery in Canada? Any insights appreciated.

Hi,

Welcome to the Tesla family.

I placed my order on March 19 and confirmed on March 22. I live in Atlantic Canada and my SC for delivery is Montreal. My initial estimate for delivery was May to Early June. In speaking with my DS in early April, his initial indication for start of production was the middle of April. this has since changed and my estimate for start of production is now May 12-15. This represents 7 to 8 weeks from order to start of production. My estimated delivery is now Late May to June.

Considering the last update on when my vehicle will start production and then transport from the factory to Montreal, I am optimistic for the end of May, more like the middle of June. My DS indicated the vehicle will go by train from the factory to Chicago and then by truck to Montreal.

My current estimate is from order to delivery to Montreal it is going to take 2-½ to 3 months. Based upon what I have read from others I still optimistic it will be closer to the 2-½ month range.

The hardest part is the waiting game - I hope you manage the waiting game better than me!

Thanks for your reply. Not doing too bad with the waiting part as I have my Model S to play with in the meantime. ;-)

Can I ask what is your car, 75, 90 or 100D?

I have a road trip planned for July 5th, hence my question. I'm hoping my planned June to early July delivery will be more of a June one.

Good to hear you have a way to manage the waiting game.

I ordered a Model X 100D 5 seater.

From what I have read, VIN is not a good indication of when vehicles are manufactured. From what I can gather they appear to be grouped either by vehicle type and delivery area as they want to maximize deliveries for each quarter. Considering it will be the end of a quarter, you may be luckier than I have been to receive it earlier.

Good luck!

I am heading to Montreal tomorrow to pick-up my Model X 100D on Monday. Then I will be driving home on Tuesday.

From the time I placed my order to scheduled pick-up on Monday, it will be 3 months exactly.

The waiting game was hard, but really excited to finally get my vehicle.
That seems like a long time. Maybe I've been given some optimistic expectations by the Tesla folks.

Mine was 2 months and I got it a week ago. And I ordered after Labradordriver. What I believe happens (and have read about) is that they group together production of similar vehicles. Since both of us had a X100D, I suspect that Labradordriver waited longer for the production of that group of vehicles to start. Then the week difference in delivery ends up being SC time for final prep.

Labradordriver, enjoy the ride back home!

• Informative
Reactions: Forty Creek