TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian French now available in latest FW update !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jeeps17, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I wouldn't worry about that too much.

2. sauce

sauce :P

You think so? I'd love to be reassured by that but it seems the concensus is that you shouldn't leave a fully charged Li-ion battery sitting as it's an effective way of degrading it rapidly?

At least so far my range charges seem to show I'm ahead of the curve as far as degradation goes so that's that, but then again I'm in it for the long haul with this car so I'm pretty obsessed about it for now.

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

I don't think 12 hours is a big deal and the longer you leave it the more it drains so it will never stay at 100% for long. Tesloop charges its vehicles to 100% every day and they have cars with over 300,000 miles (and that was almost 6 months ago). At 200,000 miles the battery had suffered 6% battery degradation despite being charged to 100% every day. It probably doesn't stay at 100% when it is being driven a lot.