Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian French now available in latest FW update !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just to confirm. A heated steering wheel will be available in Canada. And what is a "memory heated steering wheel"

We are so use to our heated steering wheel in our leaf. We were actually thinking it would be a deal breaker for the 3. Just sayin.
The heated steering wheel has been part of the cold weather package for over three years. But the heated steering wheel setting switches to off whenever the car is turned on. So every time you start the car you have to turn it on. I (and many others) would prefer that once turned on it stays on until you explicitly turn it off - just like the front seat heaters. Turn it on in November and it stays on until you turn it off in April.

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4
So just to confirm. A heated steering wheel will be available in Canada. And what is a "memory heated steering wheel"

We are so use to our heated steering wheel in our leaf. We were actually thinking it would be a deal breaker for the 3. Just sayin.

Note that this FW update applies to Models S and X.

I do not see this as any indication that there will be a heated steering wheel on the Model 3 (although I sincerely wish there is one).

rv
Note that this FW update applies to Models S and X.

I do not see this as any indication that there will be a heated steering wheel on the Model 3 (although I sincerely wish there is one).

Sigh. So still no confirmation. Well they have a couple years to sort it out before we are in the buying mode but I don’t think Ángela will go for it without the heated steering wheel.

I hated the metric system ever since it came to Canada in 1974. The States was supposed to switch then too but didn't.
I grew up with the metric system. I remember Grade 1, before it was implemented, comparing inches to centimetres. That was the last time I took Imperial until I took pharmacy calculations.

20 grains per scruple

3 scruples per dram

8 drams per oz.

12 oz. per pound (apothecary)

16 oz. per pound (Avoirdupois)

1 minimum per drop

60 minimum per fluid dram

8 fluid drams per fluid oz.

20 fluid oz. per pint

2 pints per quart

2 quarts per winchester.

2 winchester per gallon.

Feh! F that fuss and bother! Give me good ol' base ten any day! It's so much easier.

That would be French French.

The Canadien colorful vernacular tends to be more religious-based (church accessories and consumables).
When I was in the Canadian army I learned how to swear fluently in two different languages ;)

Really? I don’t see that. The heat from the front eventually defrosts the rear window on mine, but it takes a while.

Yes, I have an S, so no vents in the back. If I leave the heat on forever, the snow might melt in the back, but the melting will be much more advanced over the pano roof. Now, the snow melts on the rear window first. If you have a six or seven seat X there are rear vents to help with the rear window, so you might not notice the update as easily.
The update to the app today displays the rear-defrost being on (though you have no independant control of it as is the case with the battery heater.)

I have the update and just saw this from the App.

This is new, isn't it? Maybe I haven't noticed it before...

Screenshot_20180211-123007.png

Reactions: MarcoRP
Yes it does, as does the steering wheel heater. The only thing missing is the seat heater.
According to the notes on the app update, it DOES flick on the seat, wheel and washer heaters as well as the defrosters front and rear during preconditioning.
Not as good as having direct control of each, but it should do the job. I do wonder how this will work with camper mode. Will it kick them in when the exterior temp drops, or will we need to stop and restart climate control to kick them on?

In my experience everything is warm except the seat heater, but someone else mentioned that they are weight activated some how?

On a (perhaps) related note - I swear that my climate is switching on randomly in the middle of the night - has anyone else seen this? I have turned off automatic preconditioning to see if that is the issue.

In my experience everything is warm except the seat heater, but someone else mentioned that they are weight activated some how?

On a (perhaps) related note - I swear that my climate is switching on randomly in the middle of the night - has anyone else seen this? I have turned off automatic preconditioning to see if that is the issue.
@wayner I suspect having this happen to me a few times as well.

I much less appreciate the car doing a full range charge this weekend despite remembering clearly having programmed it in car for a STD charge, but it seems either the Tesla app or the Dashboard overruled it.

The car sat for 12hrs at 100%.