Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian French now available in latest FW update !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tabernac!

Was there previously a France - francais option? Or did francophone Canadians have to use English?

I am also excited about the memory for heated steering wheel. This was an obvious thing and it took over three years.

Tabernac!

Was there previously a France - francais option? Or did francophone Canadians have to use English?

French has been available to Europeans owners for years, but never in Canada up to now. English was the only choice in North America.

This was fine for me, but irritating to many francophone owners here given the relatively small incremental change from French French to Canadian French (yes, swear words make up a significant part of this difference). Most of the written text on the displays would be identical (or nearly so), the spoken language would be different, but already widely available on the market.

As Mr. Plugshare noted, the english nav spoken directions really massacre street names in La Belle Province (mine has been muted for 4 years).

Last edited:
Good on Tesla to make the change. They have only sold about 2000 vehicles in Quebec so far (as of Sep 30, 2017) but that will likely take off once the Model 3 starts shipping. Quebec has been the leader in Canada in EV adoption and appears to have the best charging infrastructure as well - plus the clean electricity to charge those cars.

Reactions: Jeeps17
French has been available to Europeans owners for years, but never in Canada up to now. English was the only choice in North America.

This was fine for me, but irritating to many francophone owners here given the relatively small incremental change from French French to Canadian French (yes, swear words make up a significant part of this difference). Most of the written text on the displays would be identical (or nearly so), the spoken language would be different, but already widely available on the market.

As Mr. Plugshare noted, the english nav spoken directions really massacre street names in La Belle Province (mine has been muted for 4 years).
I like it when it says "Rene Levesk Q Blvd! LOL!

• Funny
Reactions: statisticsmike
So just to confirm. A heated steering wheel will be available in Canada. And what is a "memory heated steering wheel"

We are so use to our heated steering wheel in our leaf. We were actually thinking it would be a deal breaker for the 3. Just sayin.