TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Canadian Home Delivery...really now?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mayhemm, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

If I recall correctly, Tesla offers new owners two delivery options:

a) Factory pickup (possibly with vehicle operation orientation and/or factory tour)
    b) Home delivery - car is delivered to your door or a location of your choosing (for some unknown cost)

For us Canadians, the factory pickup is obviously impractical, leaving us with only the home delivery option. I'm curious as to where Canadian owners (particularly those in the prairie provinces) had their vehicles delivered. Did Tesla have it delivered right to your door? Did you have to choose some nearby neutral location for the delivery? How much did said delivery cost (if anything)? Was it unloaded with competence?

2. tomanik

tomanik Member

Was delivered to our home, dont recall if I could actually have requested another location to be honest. The cost was included in the standard delivery cost that everyone pays. Ours was delivered in an enclosed trailer and the driver was professional about the delivery.

Delivery Truck

3. Mayhemm

Good to hear. Which part of Canada are you in?

4. tomanik

tomanik Member

Calgary so a very long drive to the nearest service center.

5. Mayhemm