Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Insurance Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping that some of you might have done this legwork already?

I just got my new LR insured with HUB being my broker. My policy is up in Feb, so i am sort of stuck with them until then, however, getting rid of my Dodge Charger, and getting the tesla, from now until then is an extra $250 dollars (i almost choked when i did the math for the full year)

Long story short, has there been any discussions about the most affordable company to use in canada (or Ontario for that matter?)

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a report. I find a lot of the talk about financing/insurance is US based.

There hasn't been much talk about insurance around here...

That said - are you part of any groups / associations / work that has group insurance deals with someone? I'd start there.

Then - see if you can find an insurance broker - they will usually work with you to see what you need and then search for one - from what I understand you don't have to pay for their service, the insurance company does.

Personally - I'm with The Personal as I am associated with an entity that has group rates with them. My insurance before Tesla vs after Tesla (2 ICEs vs 2 Tesla) is about the same.

I've had good luck switching from group policy (Ontario Engineers) with The Personal to CAA insurance. Of course you need a clean record with no recent claims to have CAA be valuable. The rate change for two vehicles (Jeep and Tesla) went from $3400/yr to $2200/yr in GTA. This may vary depending on your stats, location, record and types of vehicles.