Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of my fellow Canadians have any good insurance companies to recommend for model 3 ? Would love to know prices and companies… I got quoted 188$ a month with replacement cost in case of total loss
Provincial/Crown Insurance here, but a Model 3 Performance with replacement cost is a total of $1850/yr without additional discounts, and around $1600-1650 for the base insurance without replacement cost. Additional discounts would bring the minimum total for insurance+replacement cost combined down to $1350/yr for the M3P.

We were quoted around $200/mth with TD Insurance, about 20% higher than our previous car. They said it was because Tesla vehicles are so much more expensive to repair compared to normal ICE vehicles....

(TD's system also recommended a $5,000 deductible - even the agent had to chuckle)

There are too many variables from driver to driver to consider when shopping for insurance so what one person is getting quoted will differ wildly to another person, even if they are getting quoted from the same insurance provider. In my case, I went from TD to CAA and ended up saving $800 annually on my M3LR. The only thing I can recommend is for you to shop around and ensure you are getting quoted like-for-like coverage.

Reactions: ehsanmajd
Full replacement cost gets expensive after 3 years. I dropped it on the 4’th year renewal. I'm retired, outside the GTA, 2m liability, $500 disappearing deductible, additional accident and catastrophic medical coverage. Discounts for claim free, car and home, loyalty, etc. $820 a year.
When we moved out of the GTA with 3 vehicles insurance dropped in half. Approximately 5k to 2.4k.

Full replacement cost gets expensive after 3 years. I dropped it on the 4’th year renewal. I'm retired, outside the GTA, 2m liability, $500 disappearing deductible, additional accident and catastrophic medical coverage. Discounts for claim free, car and home, loyalty, etc. $820 a year.
When we moved out of the GTA with 3 vehicles insurance dropped in half. Approximately 5k to 2.4k.
Who is your insurer?