Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Keyboard - ".COM" dedicated button changed to ".CA"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that the keyboard when entering a url in the web browser now has ".CA" instead of the dedicated ".COM" button on the keyboard. This is a big waste of a change that came in the 6.X software updates. I assume in Hong Kong it is ".HK"? or ".CO.UK" in London?

It isn't. It's just a small issue that wasn't broken in the first place.

Well, it does show that Tesla Engineering is getting more and more out of touch with their customer base. The communication channels that used to exist are pretty much entirely eroded by now.

That's sad - that level of customer->sales/support->engineering isolation doesn't belong in 21st century business.

You can actually chat these days online with Microsoft engineers & program managers about virtually any aspect of any product (if you have something of substance to say). And they sell thousands of times the volume than Tesla does. Somehow the official Evil Empire can find the time to talk directly to their customers, but Tesla can't. There isn't even a single Tesla Engineering blogger.

Well, I cant remember if I updated the firmware in the car before I posted at the start (yeah I know it was only 4 days ago, but I did have a car update in the last week). But hooray, now the default button is back to ".COM".

And if this was a remote setting, congrats to those Telsa employees that lurk on these boards. Either way, thanks.