Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 and Software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@darkenergy I’m glad you got twitchy about the stopped bus. The system cannot reliably detect even HUGE stopped objects, because the radar cannot see motionless objects. All radar systems are the same - too much ground clutter from other stationary objects.

The vision system tries to make up for this but isn’t reliable - at least not yet. It often false brakes for parked cars, while still missing stopped vehicles in lane. It does often slow down when it sees flashing lights though.

If the system saw the bus come to a stop, then it would know about it. Otherwise it is safest to assume autopilot cannot see any stopped vehicle.

You can’t force or request a update. They roll out in some sort of random unpredictable pattern. The service center can do it but generally that would only happen during other service. They’re too busy for people to be nagging them for updates.

Only things I know from scouring the forums are that some people are getting AP nags every 15-20 seconds, AP behaviour has been janky while driving, FM radio becomes unresponsive, phone key issues...and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Seems to be completely hit or miss though.
Phone key seems to work as well as it did before.. That is to say extremely poorly. I have to toggle airplane mode every time I want into the car.

Autopark seems to be poor on 21.9 (got the update last Friday evening). Does not seem to perfectly center between two cars like it used to before.

Didn't have an issue using AP when driving to and from Niagara Falls though. The nag for me felt like it was always there, so I didn't feel anything different from that either.

Definitely getting the Autopilot nag but really not a problem if you keep your hand on the wheel - I have it on the bottom normally and if you feel that torque with the minute steering adjustments that the wheel makes, I've found it to be ok. I've only encountered one weird instance of Autopilot braking for a car that was several lengths further than my setting but haven't seen that since.

On iOS as well, never had a problem with the phone key before or after update. Did get the random LTE dropping more than usual but after a few minutes it comes back. Only noticed it when streaming radio would cut out randomly but has only happened perhaps twice since getting the update.

Autopark seems to be poor on 21.9 (got the update last Friday evening). Does not seem to perfectly center between two cars like it used to before.

Didn't have an issue using AP when driving to and from Niagara Falls though. The nag for me felt like it was always there, so I didn't feel anything different from that either.
The behaviour you have is exactly the opposite of what I'm experiencing with 21.9. Autopark works perfectly for me. EAP has gotten worse for me. EAP hugs the right hand side of the lane for me. When a car gets to close to me Autosteer disengages.

Same here still on 18.13 still may 31 delivery date

Finally just got the notification for the software update.

Gonna schedule it for later tonight!

Attachments

• 27968D2E-C5FA-4EA6-B33E-EEF3E6F7B4F5.jpeg
    27968D2E-C5FA-4EA6-B33E-EEF3E6F7B4F5.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 47